Big Men

Options

Replies

• jubeesh
    jubeesh Posts: 156
    Options
    I'm glad I was not the only one who was mislead by the title.. but it was definitely not in a bad way :P
    I know I don't belong in this thread; I was confused by the title. :D

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.

Right?! I thought this was a thread about liking larger men. Damnit. Plenty of eye candy here though :drinker:
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'4" and probably around 360-400 lbs. I can't get him to do anything about his weight. He won't get on a scale in front of me. I sure wish he'd join this site, too.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    52 years old, 5' 11" and started this just over 5 months ago weighing 332 pounds. As of last Sunday I was 245 pounds and when I have my once weekly weigh in tomorrow morning it will hopefully be less. I think MFP is a great tool in the weight loss armoury, it's kept me focused and on track, and the support and motivation from others is great regardless of by how much the women outnumber the men.
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You're all awesome :)
  • Corey3411
    Corey3411 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I was thinking... A site for men to share their successes and failures as losing when your male is different then when female... I am 6'3 and I started at 354 on May 10... Today is exactly 3 months and my gym scale which is the one I have always ben using says 312...That would be a loss of 37lbs in 3 months... Would not call it a success yet but when I am under 250 lbs and over a 100 lb loss THAT is success....:drinker:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I know I don't belong in this thread; I was confused by the title. :D

You're all pretty sexy, btw. I'm not a man, but I have serious poundage to deal with, and I like trying to motivate and being motivated.

Right?! I thought this was a thread about liking larger men. Damnit. Plenty of eye candy here though :drinker:

Darn, that's what I thought too! Seems like there are plenty of guys here - us "laydees" are drowning in a tide of testosterone...
  • king8747
    king8747 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    6'4 here and started at 340lbs 10 months ago down 11 lbs with MFP over the last 3 weeks HMU still got at least 40 more to go to reach my first goal weight of a 100lb loss - Peace
    King
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    *creeps in*

No need to creep sweety

Muah ha ha.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • moonhowler15
    moonhowler15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I feel you man, I started at 266 last oct.....got down to 235...then after new years i stopped...gained it all back, but now I am ready to tackle this. Keep up the good work!
  • splatastic
    splatastic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    6'3" here, started in May @ 345lbs.

Worked my way down to 318 so far just changing diet and keeping on top of my calories. Started doing some excercise, but nothing regular yet. Hardest part is getting started. Still doing more than before I was watching this, so I'll take any improvement over nothing.

Set my goal at 215lbs, that is where I was when pretty serious in training in karate about 12 years ago and I felt great. That should be a good place to try and be again.
  • Krcanderson
    Krcanderson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey im 6,1" started at 352# now I'm at 301# Anyone feel free to add me, I can always use and give added motivation!
  • joe7880
    joe7880 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2" and went from 285 to 247 so far. Not done yet and would appreciate support from my fellow big fellows. Please add me and inspire each other to get to our goal!
  • bigandysrunning
    bigandysrunning Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    6'3" Big guy here.
    I started back in November of 2011.
    In the past 9 months, I've managed to drop 120 pounds and transition into a guy who couldn't run for 30 seconds into training for my first (and second) Half Marathons this fall. (started at 328, down to 208 now)
    Believe me, you can do it. I'm just a regular guy who was fed up and ready to make a change, and if I can do it, you sure as hell can too.
    When I started out, I created a blog on the internet to keep myself honest and accountable, and to force myself to keep everything up.

Check it out if you want to: www.bigandysrunning.wordpress.com

Add me as a friend on MFP and message me through here or the blog if you have any questions at all. I'm no expert, but I have recently gone through everything (and still am). I'm an open book, I'll share everything I've picked up along the way if you are looking for some support or just someone to vent to who "gets it". After all, it's easier to do this with others, and we're all in this together.
  • elscotty
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 6'1" and losing 100+ pounds, primarily through biking. Feel free to add me as I could use some new friends.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    6'3 started at 325 17 days ago. I'm motivated as hell, feeling better already and getting serious about this is like an immediate antidepressant because my whole attitude is better and I feel happier knowing I've flipped a switch.

Congrats to all the men who have made a commitment to getting healthier!

I WILL lose 100 lbs in the next year.
  • g0ldenb0y55
    g0ldenb0y55 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread we got going here!

5'10 started at 260 and now down to 195 and still trying to reach my target weight of 175-180.
  • bigblu89
    bigblu89 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    6' 0" here...

Was around 305 when my son was born 4 years ago. Lost about 50 that following year. Gained about a half of that back the following two years.

On January 3rd of this year, I weighed 273 pounds. I made a vow to be under 200 by my 35th birthday (March 2013).

When I stepped on the scale this past Monday, I was 192. I've since set a new goal of 185, but more just looking now to tighten everything up and pass the "naked in front of a mirror" test.
  • UniformMr
    Options
    6'3" here...started out at 233....now at 199....
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Finally!! 6'6" 370 when I started the Monday after the 4th of July this year. Started doing DDP's Dynamic Resistance Yoga with a calorie limit of 2200/day. Looking to get down to 260.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!