Why I'm Fat

Options

Replies

• graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Booze, going out to eat too often.... lack of energy (as a result of being fat, I'm sure). Woot!
  • Storey621
    Storey621 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I stuffed my face with junk food like there was no tomorrow....

Exactly my reason
  • bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Because I ****ing LOVE Burger King. And hate physical activity.

You and me both girlfriend!
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Free buffet style food at work

quit smoking (worth the weight gain though...)

stopped virtually all exercise

got too comfortable in my lazy boy
  • melissaanngraham
    melissaanngraham Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used to bake all the time.
    I ate junk.
    I didn't execise.
    I have a desk job.
    I drink beer.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I blame it on menopause.

Ok, it's actually because of too much junk food and not enough exercise but I'd rather blame it on menopause. :bigsmile:
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    over ate as a child under ate as a teen and just plain confused and sorting out my metabolism in my early twenties xD
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Because I'm short and grew up with no thoughts about portion control. Then once I found out about caloric needs and portions, I convinced myself that because I'm short that would mean living off salads for the rest of my life if I ever wanted a nice body; I figured I'd rather eat "like a normal person" and be a little on the chubby side than have to put myself through that. But that was really all BS - I can still have treats, just not as many as someone a foot taller than me and I just have to suck it up and accept that.
  • turquoise3
    turquoise3 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Eating too many (and too much) of the wrong foods, and not exercising enough :(
  • ehodges1982
    ehodges1982 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Because I LOVE fat juicy cheeseburgers.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I love olive oil, cheese, bread, crisps mmm!!!!!!
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Because I found out that being a couch potato does not count as an activity. I am petting my cats and dog so I do move some.

Seriously, I don't eat enough and need to move more.
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Marriage makes you happy and fat. Dinner out is our alone time, even if we have the four kids with us.
    An addition to fast food
    Not being a real fan of cooking my own food
    Doritos
    Pepsi
    Being too busy to exercise

I broke the fast food addiction
    I took some cooking classes and now it's pretty fun
    My girls are teenagers now and go to Zumba with me
    Somehow made the conversion to Diet Coke and lived to tell the tale
    Lastly, I made myself a priority. Not easy for a mother to do.
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Because I am a slug.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Beer and too many of the sammies on my ticker.
  • roguestates
    Options
    stress and lack of exercise! I'm still learning what portion sizes are.
  • bryantparson
    bryantparson Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Another vote for beer.
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I tried to eat away my anxiety disorder and depression. My grandfather would always make fun of what I was eating and watch me like a hawk at the dinner table making snide remarks, so I'd take another portion to spite him. In addition, he always thought women were worthless, especially fat women, so he never really treated me and my mother properly, and we lived with/are still living with them due to the care my grandmother and him need. I hate going outside, bugs, heat, and sweat, so exercise was never something I enjoyed doing, and still hate it. I hate feeling dirty and grimy. I ate after my breakup. A lot. It was my first relationship ever, first kiss, first everything, at age 21. He cheated on me and kicked me out of our apartment so the other girl could move in. I ate. I was addicted to sodas and Oreos. I have motivation problems. I have pains now that I'm so heavy so it's hard to move around a lot. I make excuses. A lot of them. I feel worthless a lot and feel as if even if I do lose the weight it won't matter because I've messed up my body so much already (morbidly obese since forever, I was always the fat kid).

Mostly, excuses and not being able to deal with my problems and emotions so I put them into eating.
  • SabrinaSt
    SabrinaSt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I got addicted to hummus.
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Worked for a large food supply corporation when I was in my 20's. Went from restaurant to restaurant cooking and sampling food. I think the days we sampled cheesecakes all day did the most damage.