Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 & have been on this site (on & off) since 2010. I have physical limitations (see profile) but I refuse to let them stop me from becoming the person I know I can be.

If anyone wants to friend me - just let me know how you found me.

I am also the administrator of the T.HE. (Trying Hard Everyday) group. It is a group (for women only, sorry) that supports each other in dealing with things that all women deal with on their journey to make a healthy lifestyle change.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    <- 51 and been her about 4 months
  • blackjax007
    Options
    I'm 45 and have been on here since Feb. I'm currently 20lbs away from the healthy weight zone. I've found mfp to be just what I needed. If you are looking for support and or motivation you can add me.
  • rgm66
    rgm66 Posts: 33
    Options
    Im 45
  • JoLo27
    JoLo27 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 but feel more like 41!

I've lost a stone since being on here which wasn't too difficult once I got into the swing of it. I've done this purely by counting calories (apart from a walking holiday in June) but am now looking for the motivation to get to the gym and work on my % body fat which is still too high.

Add me if you like and we can support each other

Jo
  • kandi_apples
    kandi_apples Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just started today. I'am 44. I lost 60 lbs and slowly I've seen a few lbs sneak back. I want to nip this in the bud and re-lose 20 lbs and get back on track again. I would love for anyone to add me and help me out with my journey.
  • superchick49
    superchick49 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 on Friday, feel free to add me to your firends here on MFP. I know the support helps me want to stay on track. I've lost 12 pounds so far. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • ksabourin67
    Options
    I am 44 and want to lose 70 lbs. I also just started. it is almost a week now. i hope i lost at least 3 lbs. I have an elliptical machine that i have used for most of the week. Just take it day by day. Don't worry about tomorrow. Seriously, just don't. If you say that to yourself everyday it makes it a bit easier!
  • psse01
    psse01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOL...that's funny! I am 53 and have been neglecting myself for so many years I had tricked myself into thinking I was good at "estimating" my calories/serving sizes etc. My clothes disagree with me too. I just tracked my Friday and Saturday food intake....for REAL this time and I realized how badly I have been sabotaging myself on the weekends. YIKES!
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Proud to be 45. In better shape than I was in my 30's and hopin' to soon put my 20's to shame. Always open to give support for anyone that needs it.
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am pretty new
    I started in June----I am almost 50. This is hard! I like reading all the comments and seeing all the success---you folks are inspiring! Feel free to add. :wink:
  • NKathleenK
    NKathleenK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all you health concerned peeps ... I'm 54 and started using this app about a month ago ... lost 3 lbs so far. Didn't know had to add friends for support and motivation.
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 47 and happy to be a grandmother of 2. It was celebrating my granddaughter's 4th birthday that made me realize I was at an unhealthy and not at an as attractive place as I want to be or should be. The photo I am using was my motivation to get started. It has been 4 days, and I have lost 2 lb. Most importantly I feel happy to be working towards my goal, and excited to be moving. I am using 2 websites, the first one is BodyForLife.com which is where I started. I following the exercise plan and the rule of 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, 20% fat. A member of that website directed me here for which I am grateful. Logging my daily exercise and diet plan, and watching the numbers at the bottom of the page are great daily motivators. I find myself typing in my next meal, watching the numbers change in an unbalanced way, and changing that meal for something better for me. Good Luck, everyone!
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Hi, I'm 52 but I feel like I'm 25. Feel free to add me. I've been on this site for over a year and had great success and lots of support from MFP friends.
  • debknits1
    debknits1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    57 :bigsmile: here!
  • Ohrere
    Ohrere Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 44 and have been using this site for quite some time now. I love it and always recommend it! I really enjoy working out and eating right and the myfitnesspal app keeps me accountable. I'd love to have more friends :smile:

Regina
  • RedMiataAZ
    RedMiataAZ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    55 and starting all over again. I had gotten myself down to 155 lbs three years ago then got lazy about my nutrition and fitness. I am now battling back to get myself there again.
  • eabaker
    eabaker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    44 years, trying to lose 100 pounds, been here 1 month and could use friends to support and encourage.

Hi, I'm 49 and over half-way to my goal of losing 40 pounds. You can Friend me.:happy:
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 46, today is my 6th day logging on, add me too!
  • MisChef
    MisChef Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i'm 41 and well on my path of losing 76 lbs. I'm already down 14 in my first month on a super-low-carb diet (ketosis/ketogenic)

... only 62 or so to go!