Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    In my mid-40s--but could still use the encouragement! :laugh:
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am 56. just started 3 days ago. I am a retread from Weight watchers. That program worked well but stopped working for me a while back. Please add me if you like. Good luck
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and just started here feel free to add me.
  • staceybunny
    Options
    I am 43 and just started back up using both MFP and Fitbit. Feel free to add me!
  • KnittingGirl125
    Options
    I am 50, and started here just a few weeks ago Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • MCproptart
    MCproptart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    HI there,

I'm 41 years of age and have been on MFP for 7 weeks. So far it has been great! I've lost 16 pounds and have made good habits--and feel healthier than I have in ages.

Feel free to add me for support!
  • kkcolo
    kkcolo Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 53 - been on MFP for a few months and really feel like I'm getting a handle on managing food & exercise (finally!!). Happy to connect with a support system!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 in Feb.. really don't matter!

Happy to have more friends. :)
  • Rick_SH
    Rick_SH Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    54 here and we out number the 20-somethings. :laugh: Come on in the pool. The water is fine. Welcome..
  • momarch45
    Options
    I am 50 years old and been using this about 2 weeks I guess. Trying to lose 1 lb a week for a year. I live in florid and spend summers in Massachusetts.

I have a question if anyone can answer....I did a bike ride today...4.03 miles in 29 mins. The only exercise I could find was a "leisure ride" because it was less than 10mph. BUT.....note I said I am from florida. It is flat there. Very flat. Mass. has BIG MEAN NASTY hills!!! It took every fiber of my being to get up those hills without getting off my bike to push..this was a major accomplishment for me...but it was far from leisure. 80% of the ride was kept on the easiest gear wher you can pedal faster to try to get up the hills....so much much more muscle involvement......how would one record this?
  • jonalit
    jonalit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been here for a week now and found it a easy way to loose weight, or I'm hoping so. My weigh in day is tomorrow and I'm hoping to have lost a couple of pounds, I've tried weight watchers before and got fed up with it, this I'm finding easy, maybe its my mind set I don't know. but I've not been hungry this week at all. I've upped my exercise as well so hoping tomorrow shows a couple of pounds off at least.

Enough of me now, how are you doing?

Keep in touch and we can compare results and encourage each other to keep on track.
  • conner67
    Options
    45 here Been a over a year and lost 74 and still working at it.
  • everhard
    everhard Posts: 16
    Options
    hi, i'm 42 and a shortie too (5.2). Fell free to add me if you want.
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 50, been loosing since May 2011, on here since January. I'm down 120 Lbs. It's been a lot of help and support. Anyone can add me if you like.
  • magentatoo
    magentatoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    48 and back again!
  • hannibal28
    hannibal28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    On the back side of 45, decided in January wanted to loose weight and be in better shape at 50. joined in feb and have lost 34 pounds and love this web site. You can add me.
  • geesdubya
    geesdubya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've logged 497 days in a row and lost 51 pounds. Still have 30 to go!
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 42 (soon 43) and have joined back with MFL to slay this demon once and for all. 20 years of weight issues and it's time for me to change my life. I joined MFP to help me do just that, and I am finding that the people on here with similar goals are amazing friends to keep each other motivated and moving forward. We all slip from time to time, but having that group support is soo important. Please feel free to add me as a friend and I will motivate and support as much as I can and look for the same in return. Cheers!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    49 and about to hit the big 50!!!
  • JackiepMN
    JackiepMN Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Almost 59 years young....thick became chunky became overweight ("she'd be pretty if she'd lose weight") became obese. I gave up. Why bother? After my son lost 50+ pounds using this site he'd found called MyFitnessPal, my husband and I thought we'd give it a try. I continue to struggle - only losing about 3 pounds a month - but tracking does help me to see my portion sizes and amount eaten. I'm gonna do this for the rest of my life, I guess! Haha!! Help!!