Make COTTAGE CHEESE taste better?

Options

Replies

• gatecityradio
    Options
    The search button makes MPF work better.
  • rmd0228
    rmd0228 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fresh salsa (2 Tbs) and Flavored Humus (black bean or roasted red pepper 2 Tbs). Delicious with a raw veggie. Or palin with a juicy tomato or red pepper.

With fruit I like to add 2 Tsp of ground flax seed. It may help if you hate the texture.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    A little salt and pepper and chopped onions.

Mixed with a can of fruit cocktail or peaches or pineapple, OR with any fresh fruit you like. RIght I really like mango in mine.

Make a fruit salad with one small thing of vanilla low fat, low cal yogurt (80 calories), mix with sliced strawberries, cherries, blueberries, mango, banana, whatever fruit you like and throw in a couple of tablesponns of cottage cheese. Makes it yummy. If you can handle the calories, add some coconut or nuts.

I, also, use cottage cheese as dressing on my salads of spinach leaves, oninos, radishes, grapes, etc. Only dressing I need.

Half a canteloupe and clean out the seeds. Put a scoop of cottage cheese in and eat. Yummy. Also, works with a scoop of ice cream!!!
  • Pomoch325
    Pomoch325 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I put it on my baked potato when I don't have sour cream.. Is actually pretty good!
  • abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know cottage cheese is good for hyou and I have tried incorporating into my diet a few times but I just can not get over the taste and the texture.

Theres gotta be something healthy I can mix into it that will change the taste and hide the constancy.

Any thoughts?

I love cottage cheese and eat it almost daily. One way to hide the texture I found is use it as a salad dressing on mixed baby greens. yummy! and it makes eating baby greens easier for me. I prefer romaine or iceburg because I don't need as much dressing but with cottage cheese on baby greens I don't even use dressing.
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I enjoy:
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree
    1 scoop protein powder
    add pumpkin spice or cinnamon to taste.

Mix with a food processor or hand blender under smooth.

I call it pumpkin protein pudding.

LOVE THIS!!
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My favorite is cottage cheese with cut-up apple and roasted almonds, but if I don't have a fresh apple, I'll use applesauce instead (and still add the almonds).
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Sriacha. Makes everything better.
  • mkrainville7409
    mkrainville7409 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I eat it with added fruit like cucumbers or peaches

when I am looking for savory ... I love herbs!!! I put salt free italian herbs on it and it is so much better :) and then put it on very warm toast... mmm
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    great question! saving this thread for later:)
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Nothing will make it taste better. Bluh!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello :)

sugar free jello and cottage cheese? just mix together... help??
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options

500g cottage cheese (2 cups)
    2 beaten eggs

mix together and add quiche like vegetables mushrooms, peppers etc put into a flan dish and bake for about 25 minutes @ 400 degrees

How many calories is this??
  • JD2301
    JD2301 Posts: 1
    Options
    add tomatoes, smother in Worcester sauce and salt n pepper. Yum.
  • bubmaster
    Options
    i like cottage cheese !
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I just buy the full fat stuff, it tastes so much better than the low fat/fat free stuff.

But, realistically, if you don't like it then don't eat it :laugh:
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bacon

Everything's better with bacon!
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A guy I work with mixes cottage cheese in his scrambled eggs. I haven't tried it, but he likes it.
  • chellly
    chellly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese, but I am specific about what kind I eat. Texture and brand has a lot to do with it. I prefer Breakstone's 2% small curd over any others. Others I find either too watery, too salty, or the curds are just weird. Try different kinds, that might help. Also mix in frozen or fresh fruit. I even have a friend that mixes in salsa and my dad just puts a dash of hot sauce and he's good to go.
  • MRL_74
    MRL_74 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump!