Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hello!

This morning was 4DS Back/Chest. Laurel, I see what you're saying now about not getting frustrated with how heavy Cathe goes. I normally am just under her selected weight (sometimes at it), but I was well below in most of the exercises this time. But, it was short, sweet and to the point! Off early today, so will get a run in.

Tami--Great job on the Intensity choice vs. dealing with the hot weather and bootcamp class! I think you made a wise choice! :wink:

Hi Laurel, Michelle and Laurie! I hope you are doing well!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,414 Member
    Morning Ladies,

No workout for me yesterday, was just to tired. This morning I did Kickstart Your Metabolism with Chris Freytag. Youngest has her drivers ed classes in the evenings for the next three weeks, so that will cut down on some evening workouts. Or I just have to make some adjustments. :wink:

Laurel, Glad that you found something that is re-energizing you. :wink: I can't do crane either, so I always do the easier move for that one. :wink: I have his One on One yoga workout, that is about 45 min. long. That one is good, and he doesn't do to many super twisty moves. :laugh: Enjoy the conference, and when you have a chance to talk do tell us how you are doing.

Tami, Oh I am doing the same thing with the Olympic coverage. I eat my breakfast watching some of the things going on in the morning. This morning was the mens Tri. Of course the Brit won, so the crowd went wild. Do enjoy seeing some of the buildings and history of London. Want to get there some day. :wink: We are finally getting some nice weather, it really is a relief to not be in those high 90's.

Erika, Welcome back from vacation! LOL on you DH dragging the family away from the water parks. :laugh: Hope you are able to find something that appeals to you for your after vacation workouts. It took me a while to find something that I was comfortable with.

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:

Last night’s workout was perfect! :smile: I was so happy to be doing Intensity vs running the hot pavement with my BC class! Plus it was a great calorie burn forsure. Today is going to be Insanity when I get home from work. Hit the ol snooze button this a.m. after staying up too late:yawn: AGAIN. Love those Olympics though! :wink:

Erika: Nice workout this a.m. hope you had a good day at work and get your run in tonight!

Laurie: Hope you are feeling a little more rested today! Sounds like your morning was good with your Chris Freytag workout, that’s great! Yes, you will be busy with drivers ed in the pm for a while. Hopefully you can squeeze some in here and there :smile: I bet it does feel good to get some relief. We have just been in the 80’s and maybe at 90 but today is going to be 95. Our heat is a dry heat though.

Hope you ladies had a great day! :flowerforyou:
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Hey Ladies! :bigsmile:

This morning was a half-*kitten* effort at TJ CP 3. I just am not feeling my normal energy this week, even though I have no trouble getting out of bed, I just don't "feel" like working out. Ugh, hopefully this passes soon!

Tami--I'm glad you enjoyed your workout last night! :bigsmile:

Laurie--Nice job on the workout, she's such a good instructor! Ahh...drivers ed...I was just talking with my SIL about my nephew going through that. I am NOT looking forward to the days where I get to ride with my boys as they learn to drive, as they now (maybe they do there too) give the permit to kids at 15, and don't do driver's ed until closer to when you take your actual test. When I was growing up, you did drivers ed right when you got your permit, so you didn't have scare the crap out of your parents with no knowledge of how to drive! :laugh:

Michelle and Laurel-Hello!

On the road today. Catch you all tomorrow!

Erika
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ :bigsmile:

This a.m. was Cathe’s Circuit Burn. For some reason circuit style workouts have sounded fun lately. I really need to write down a more specific set of workouts from now thru rest of month and so on so that I’m not wondering each day what is next. Once I changed up my rotation I’ve been modifying and then caught up to my workouts that were in my calendar! Spinning tonight after work. :wink:

Erika: I think it is definitely normal to go through stages of “not feelin it” with the workouts. Especially after being on vacation! It’s ok, you’ll get that feeling back and all will be good. Maybe get in a KCM workout, I know you have enjoyed those a lot. Hope all went well with your road trip today!

Talk to you tomorrow ~
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, but my day was really busy. I think everybody needed parts to order starting off right when I got to work. :wink: No workout yesterday, wasn't feeling all that great. Made up for it this morning by doing 10lb Slimdown Xtreme Upper Body, Recovery Upper Body and Skogg Intervals Level 2.

Erika, We waited until dd was 15-1/2, and it appears that my brother did the same thing because his son is in class with my dd. :laugh: He is a month younger than my dd. She gets to do her on the road driving in the snow, so we will see how this goes. :wink: I know that feeling of not wanting to workout, but I'm finding it easier to do each day.

Tami, Not knowing what to do each day would make me worry. :laugh: I'm really ready for faire to be over with, it really makes me tired for the rest of the week. No motivation at home when I get off work. I'm hoping this weekend will be better, we are suppose to get temps in the 70's. Nice workouts though even if you don't have a specific rotation.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~
    Go USA! :drinker: Yes, I stayed up and watched the womens beach volleyball GOLD medal round! :bigsmile: It was so great they won, love those women. How about our Soccer team too and many others. Needless to say I did not get myself up AGAIN this a.m. :grumble: OY! So going to get in my workout at home this evening! Spinning was great last night though, full class again, which is great for the instructor, especially in the middle of summer.

Laurie: It does make me worry …..:embarassed: I’m floundering a bit. I think tomorrow I will be able to sort it out and get something on paper. Maybe I will do one of Cathe’s rotations w/ some add-ons. :wink: I'm definitely not good at just winging it. Sounds like you got in a good combo of things this a.m. – great job! You must have been feeling better, that’s good.

Have a great evening!
    Tami
  • fitzfour
    Hi Ladies....its FRIDAY!!! :bigsmile: I have been waiting for this day all week! :wink:

This morning was CLX Lower Body Extreme, yesterday was a rest day. I have been struggling with getting up on the morning, and I'm not even staying up late at night. Must just be the cooler weather we have had all week. With the windows open, it's so nice and comfy in bed!

Tami--These olympics are so much fun to watch! I'm not sure I've watched them this much in the past...so many fun sports and great, inspiring athletes! Great job getting in the evening workouts! I too am feeling drawn to the circuit workouts...I need to throw a few more of those in next week. I'm right along with you on no schedule with my workouts. I meant to write a plan out last weekend and never got to it. Hopefully this weekend!

Laurie--Faire sounds like it's very energy consuming. Great job on getting those workouts in, despite how drained your body feels. I'm glad to hear that you're getting some of your workout mojo back!

Michelle and Laurel--Happy Friday!

Have a great weekend! I'll talk to you all on Monday!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Changed things up a bit with some Jillian workouts! This morning was Ripped in 30 Week 1, and 6 Week Six Pack Level 1. I sometimes forget how tough her workouts are, so it really did feel good to workout with her today. Plan on leaving early today, since they give us guilt free Fridays during the summer. :drinker: I need to do some grocery shopping, and then I'm going to do some yoga and kettlebells. :wink:

Tami, I actually have been falling asleep watching the olympics at night. So I have missed some really great things, but I seem to wake up when they are playing the national anthem. :laugh: I'm going to play around with Jillian for a while in my rotation, I'm still working my way around the workouts. I think doing one of Cathe's rotations is probably a good idea, she has some really good ones.

Erika, That really is a cut pic of your boys. :bigsmile: Staying in bed when the weather is so much cooler is wonderful isn't it. I almost had to put another blanket on the bed last night because I was feeling a bit chilled. :noway: Felt great though, just wish it didn't bring with it sinus headaches and watery eyes. :tongue: As I get older the faire is more draining on the body, that is why next year our participation is going to be less. :wink: Both of us are getting to old. :laugh:

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Good Morning Ladies!!

No workout for me this morning...to tired! I stayed up watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition...that Chris Powell is just yummy! :tongue: Off to a movie and dinner with a friend tonight, we're going to see Magic Mike! :bigsmile:

Laurie--Way to throw some JM in there for a change. Sounds like it was a good workout combo! :bigsmile: I hope your weekend was great!

Michelle, Tami and Laurel--I hope your weekend was fabulous as well! :bigsmile:

Talk to you tomorrow!

Erika
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I was able to get Yoga Meltdown Level 1, and Skogg Ladders done on Friday after work. I remember the first time I did the Level 1 of Yoga Meltdown, I didn't really like it. This time I changed my mind. She really isn't a "yoga" instructor, but you could really feel the moves in your legs. Saturday I got in 30 Day Shred Level 1. Took a rest day Sunday, and dicided to sleep in this morning. Will do Yoga Meltdown Level 2, and a Skogg workout after work tonight.

Erika, The weekend was beautiful, have to be happy with 70 deg weather when you get the chance. :laugh: I think the Jillian workouts will be good, I might throw in some other instructor every once in a while. :wink: One of the nice things about her workouts is that I can do something like 30 Day Shred on Saturday before we leave for the faire, and it will not tax my body. I don't know if it was the weather, or doing the workout on Saturday, but I felt great and energized all weekend. Just tired in the mornings because of my head. :huh:

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ Happy Monday :ohwell: :flowerforyou:

Good weekend of workouts which was what I had hoped for! :bigsmile: Let’s see Friday (since I missed you) I did STS Total Body, Sat. was To The Max and then yesterday I did Cardio Core Circuit followed by Slide & Glide, which is one that I haven’t done yet in her LIS. It was good, I can tell it will be some getting used to with the discs for that one but I’m up for the challenge! Kind of feel it in my hip flexor area .. Today is going to be Lower Body Blast. :wink: Since DH is gone still I am taking advantage of my home workouts.... instead of the Bootcamp running again this week. I am starting one of Cathe’s rotations for a few weeks, it is Lower Body intensive ….. adding in a day of total body and/or circuits as well. :smile:

Erika: Yes, had a nice weekend. It was very quiet without my DH there but between workouts, dog walks and just hanging outside I enjoyed the time … went by too fast as always! :sad: Sounds like you got in a nice Chalene workout Friday! I know about not getting up in the a.m. as of late. Sheesh! Good thing the Olympics are over. But yes, sometimes those cooler a.m. temps and it is so nice to just snuggle up in bed. Did you get a “plan” sorted out for workouts? I made myself at least write down this week so I’m not wondering what to do. Have fun at the movie tonight! I saw that one with my BFF! :bigsmile:

Laurie: Nice job with the JM workouts! :smile: Sounds like they are just what you need right now. Good to know those work well prior to you leaving for Faire. That’s great! Yes, Cathe has so many great rotations, I printed out a few of them that I saved over time and so combining a couple of them right now. Should be good! We will see where it leads me. :smile:

Talk to you tomorrow!
    Tami
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~

Today was KickMax which felt great! :wink: It’s been a long time since I did that one and it is always one of my favorites. :bigsmile: DH coming home tomorrow afternoon so I will probably get the house tidied up a bit tonight. I had a dentist appt today that I am happy to report went really good! :drinker: Always a bit stressful, it was just a cleaning but all looked great they said!

Talk to you all tomorrow ~ Hope everyone is doing well!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Sorry I missed yesterday, just a very busy day for me. Started off the day with a headache, so I didn't workout. This morning was much better, and I got in 30 Day Shred Level 2, and Skogg Roots Level 2. Hoping to do something after work, but it gets hard when I have to be ready to take the youngest to her drivers ed class. Only a eight days left for her class. :drinker:

Tami, WTG on the workouts! Wonderful that you are adapting that rotation to work for you. Congrats on the great dental report, I still need to go in for a cleaning. I should have made the appointment right away, but they had a different receptionist and she didn't ask about making an appt.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • 2BLean
    Hi Ladies ~ :smile:
    This a.m. was High Reps and tonight I’m headed to Spinning! :wink:

Laurie: Sorry to hear about the headache yesterday. Good that it was better this a.m. for your well being and also so you could get in your workout! :happy: Great job, sounds like a nice combo for you. Her classes seem to be going by fast! That’s good for you I’m sure …. Thanks for the well wishes on my workouts! They are feeling good and I’ve enjoyed this week so far. Next week I leave for L.A. to see my sis on Wed. So hoping to get in some good workouts right up until then and then figure something out while I’m there.

Have a great day everyone ~ hope you are all well!
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Jillian's Ripped in 30 Level 2, and 6 Week Six Pack Level 2. Both great workouts.

Tami, Have fun getting in some great workouts before you leave. The drivers ed classes are for 3 weeks, 2 hours each day. Then at the end of the class she takes the written test to get her temps. She said that she passed the practice test, so I'm guessing that she will do fine getting her temps. Then starts the open road, and they come to pick up the kid at our house. That part of it is really nice. :wink: If she where taking the class from the school, she would have to be dropped off. Paying extra $ for the private classes are worth it. :laugh: You are going to have a great time with your sis next week, does she workout like you do?

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • fitzfour
    Sorry I've been MIA, I've been sick :sad: 3 days of fever, severe aches and just downright tired, so I haven't worked out since Sunday! I'm hoping I'm back to 100% by this weekend, as we have a busy weekend planned!

Tami and Laurie--You guys are doing great with the workouts, way to go! :bigsmile: Hopefully you are both enjoying the cooler weather that seems to be moving through the states. It is absolutely perfect today...low 70's...ahhhh!

Michelle and Laurel--I hope you are both doing well.

Erika
  • 2BLean
    :smile: Hi Ladies ~
    No workout yet today :ohwell: I’m hoping to get it in tonight after work! I slept terrible last night :grumble: Not used to DH being back and the snoring/moving, etc.. Argh! Oh well, it is nice to have him back home though. Spinning was so great last night. She did a lot of hills, sprints and jumps but just the design of the class or structure I should say made it good! :wink:

Laurie: That sounds like a perfect combo today. :bigsmile: I was thinking of her 6-pack Level 2 the other day and then just ran out of time. Hope to fit that one in again. It does sound like a good trade off forsure with the private drivers ed class. That’s great! No, my sister does not work out at all. Which is actually surprising to me on one hand …. She was an awesome athlete through high school and went on to play collegiate Volleyball as well. Her senior year though she broke her ankle (twice) and had reconstructive surgery. After that and then on to her really full on career that involves tons of traveling she just never went back into the athletic lifestyle or working out at all. She is so busy it would be a miracle to squeeze something in. Between her job, traveling and two young boys I think she just tries to keep her head above water! She supports me and thinks it’s great that I workout like I do though. :smile:

Erika: Sorry to hear you have been sick! Hopefully you will be 100% very soon and can get back into the workouts and simply just feeling better! :flowerforyou:

Talk to you tomorrow ladies ~
    Tami
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was Skogg Roots Level 4. Decided to go to that level, because I missed Level 2 two times. :blushing: Worked out really well, and I'm feeling my muscles in places right now. :laugh: I will be getting off early today, not only for guilt free Friday, but because they are taking out purchasing systems down for the whole weekend starting at 2pm. I really can't work without that system, so I'm going home. :wink: My boss said it was a wise move also. :laugh:

Erika, So sorry to hear that you are sick, and I do hope that you get better before the weekend. :wink: Sounds like a very nasty flu bug. Yes the weather is perfect around here, and it is going to hold for the weekend also. I'm very happy about that.

Tami, Amazing how fast we adjust to not having that person in bed with us. :wink: Of course you will get used to having the DH home again soon, I'm sure. That is great that your sister is so supportive of you exercise, my three sisters don't comment on mine to much. But I try to encourage them as much as I can. I had two sisters that where collegiate softball players, and neither of them do sports anymore. They just watch there children play now. :happy:

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,772 Member
    Hi Ladies! I'm back!!!! :drinker: We had a great time in Florida at the conference, and I'm so glad we took a few days prior to that to enjoy some of South Caroline. We went up to see the USPGA Golf Championships, and just had a great day out in a beautiful part of our country (Kiawah Island, South Carolina). I've only been to two golf events now (the US Open last year and this event), and the same guy (Rory McIlroy) has won both times!! I'm thinking he needs to be throwing us some of his money to keep us coming back. :laugh: But, again, we just had a great time out and really enjoyed the time we spent up there.

I didn't get any workouts in those first few days. We did probably walk about 10-12 miles the day of the golf tournament, so I guess that counts. But it just felt so nice to have some relaxed mornings with DH and to enjoy long days out and about doing tourist things. We got down to Florida a week ago, and at least we golfed on Saturday morning with two other of the conference participants. I must admit, I've never been much of a Florida fan before this, but I really enjoyed the area around Jacksonville. The people were friendly, the golf was beautiful, and the weather (for August) wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

But Sunday it was back to business....and back to working out. I worked out each day of the conference which really amazed me because our days were SOOOOOO long. I am thoroughly exhausted, but I knew I would feel better if I did something those days....and I did. I did a combo of Cathe's LIS workouts, TF workouts, and Travel Fit. They weren't tough workouts, but at 5:00am after being out until after 11:00pm the night before....it was the best I could do. :yawn:

But I am trying to get back into my tougher workouts today. Emphasis on the word 'trying'. I started with Cathe's To The Max....and that is where I've gotten so far! We came home to brown water (like coffee brown), so as I was nearing the end of that workout, the guy to fix the water showed up. Wish he had called first. :grumble: Anyhow, once he drains the lines, I'm hoping to get in a total body workout to get my body used to weight work again.

Erika, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well, but I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I'm glad you saw some benefit to the 4DS Chest work as well. It really is a good workout, but I really think it is important to do it at your own pace and your own weight!

Laurie, great workout today! I hope you enjoy your early afternoon off. I hope your weather has cooled off a bit like ours has so you can enjoy your weekend.

Tami, great job with the workouts as usual! It is so nice your sister supports you in what you do. That will be great when you head out there to see her soon!!

Michelle, I'm thinking about you during this moving process! :flowerforyou:

All right....the guy needs to talk to me about the water so I better go. Hope you all enjoy the weekend! It's great to be back!!

Laurel