Taco Bake - A Clean Eating Recipe

Options

Replies

• angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Or, if you don't want MSG in your meal, spend the extra 30 seconds to make your own taco seasoning mix:

(Recipe is for the equivalent of one packet of taco seasoning)

1 tablespoon chili powder (you can buy hot chili powder if you want it spicy)
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

I like the taco bake idea :)

Thank you! I did not care for the idea of using packaged taco seasoning!! Also I would use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream! Adds protein which is a good thing and tastes the same. Well a bit richer but that is a good thing!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You consider fat free sour cream a "clean" food? What exactly would you not consider clean?

lol relax, this meal is cleaner than any take-out food, and quick to make. you don't have to put the ff sour cream in it, just tailor it to your own nutritional requirements.

You know that telling someone to relax is a surefire way to create the opposite reaction.

It's a fair question, I don't consider prepackaged seasoning "clean" either. It's a good recipe, I just might have questioned labeling it clean with those ingredients.
  • GuineaMother
    GuineaMother Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Am such a newb. What is bump??
  • arock1000
    arock1000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You consider fat free sour cream a "clean" food? What exactly would you not consider clean?

I don't consider ground turkey as a clean food either considering the way it is processed.
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Or, if you don't want MSG in your meal, spend the extra 30 seconds to make your own taco seasoning mix:

1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

Thanks for this!

And thanks for the recipe! Sounds good!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Something people do when they're too lazy to bookmark :)
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Bump...sounds delish!
  • arock1000
    arock1000 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

It stands for "bring up my post" so you can read it later. It will be on your profile page under your posts so you can click on it and read the recipe later. I asked the same thing when I first joined :)
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options

lol relax, this meal is cleaner than any take-out food, and quick to make. you don't have to put the ff sour cream in it, just tailor it to your own nutritional requirements.

For me, my definition of clean food is non processed food. Basically if it comes packaged out of a box and I can't pronounce the ingredients, I don't eat it. :) I'm not striving to be 100% clean, I just do my best. Just like the poster above said, you don't have to add the sour cream.

I like the other poster's idea of making your own taco seasoning. I'll have to try that. :)
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Healthy and easy... my favorite! Thanks for sharing!
  • isingthebodyelectric
    Options
    Mmmm. Bookmarking this! :)
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options

1/2 teaspoon paprika
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper

Thank you! I did not care for the idea of using packaged taco seasoning!! Also I would use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream! Adds protein which is a good thing and tastes the same. Well a bit richer but that is a good thing!

Greek yogurt is a good idea too. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

For me, my definition of clean food is non processed food. Basically if it comes packaged out of a box and I can't pronounce the ingredients, I don't eat it. :) I'm not striving to be 100% clean, I just do my best. Just like the poster above said, you don't have to add the sour cream.

I like the other poster's idea of making your own taco seasoning. I'll have to try that. :)

Thank for you explaining what you meant, makes more sense to me that way.
  • Looser5555
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vivaciousfemale
    Vivaciousfemale Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I so wanna Try This! :tongue:
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Are you trying to be a b*tch?

While something called Taco Bake sounds good, there is no way this recipe should be considered "clean" eating. Clean eating has an actual accepted definition in the fitness community and this isn't it.
    Packaged taco seasoning, anything fat free and (in my opinion) wheat anything makes this 100% junk.

Why was someone stating her opinion that it isn't clean called a b*tch while it appears the OP'er is a hero for gifting us this recipe? Two different opinions neither deserving name calling.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

THIS! And taco seasoning? Any idea what is in that crap? or salsa for that matter unless you make it yourself..
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

THIS! And taco seasoning? Any idea what is in that crap? or salsa for that matter unless you make it yourself..

I've never bought salsa that had anything other than salt and vegetables, it's not hard to find great salsa with no iffy ingredients. And as I posted above, just make your own spice mix :)