5' 7'' What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• tinycastles21
    tinycastles21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and would say I think I have a small frame??? Even after having a child my hips only measure 34" I have really small wrists and ankles, narrow ribcage, wear a size 7 or 7 1/2 shoe (which I've been told is smaller than average for someone my height). 120-121 pounds was my starting weight- when I was doing absolutely nothing in terms of exercise and eating pretty ****ty (pizza twice a week, dessert every night, lots of takeout, cheese is my best friend, etc.)

That being said, I'm not trying to sound delusional or borderline eating disorder, but.......I would like to lose at least a few pounds because my proportions are frustrating and it can be difficult to find well-fitting pants, jeans, etc. My natural waist measures a size 2/4, my hips measure a size 0/2, but my low waist/dropped waist is closer to a 4/6, which leads to the dreaded muffin top/love handle issue when jeans fit me correctly in my puny butt/leg area. I definitely have some fat in my tummy area and internal belly fat (which we all know is very unhealthy place to carry weight, especially for a female.)

3 weeks ago I started a new get-fit initiative: I am now following a strength training/nutrition plan created by a trainer. In addition to this, I do Pilates 3 times a week, and HIT cardio 3-4 times a week. I am trying to get in shape, tone, and hopefully build and lift my booty. I don't care much about weight (until recently I NEVER weighed myself. Literally. Didn't even own a scale. Only knew my weight from Dr. visits and such) I prefer to use measurements and how well clothing fits. I am more concerned about feeling healthy, and looking toned and firm. No one wants to be that "fat skinny" girl with no muscle and the flat saggy bum, LOL.

I am guessing in order to lose my stubborn little love handles I would have to lose at least 3-4 pounds....The only time I didn't have to worry about this area is when I was going through my divorce and was super stressed out. I probably weighed 116 or so, but wasn't working out or doing anything to maintain, so it eventually rebounded.
  • Noadi
    Noadi Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 150. I have a large frame (as in I've always had trouble finding shirts made for women with broad enough shoulders and my hips are similarly wide) and my goal is also to get my muscle mass back to where it used to be as well because my build looks better more muscular. That's 35lbs to lose, more fat mass than that to lose really since I need to add muscle as well.
  • morgandy
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and small-boned, so my ultimate goal weight is 120 lbs. However, I think 125 is starting to look more realistic :) The more I tone, the more I realize I don't have as much to lose as I thought.
  • opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    5'7" here - currently 215 down from 230 and my goal is 158lbs to get me into normal BMI territory. When I was younger I would normally aim for lower than that, but I'm not so sure now. Will see how I feel when I get there.
  • extremewinner
    extremewinner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Im five eight and am at 179. Started at 184ish and want to go down to the 120s.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    5'7" my current weight is 161 and my goal is 157
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'7" and am also currently 132 (body fat 20%). I have pretty huge boobs, and also a large butt :P I had hoped to be back down to 120s (which is what i was after i had my daughter 2 years ago), but my true goal is to be 16% body fat (also what i was 2 years ago). Body fat to me is FAR more important than weight. I would weight 150 happily if it was toned, lean, muscle :)
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    well I'm 5'6 and 1/2 I stared out weighing 167lbs at my all time high, I am 140ls right now (because i gained weight over the holidays!!) but i got down to 135lbs and i felt like i still needed to lose some more :( so this time my goal weight is 125lbs! maybe 120lbs. Good luck with those last couple pounds! they can be the toughest to lose!
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 125 on a small frame and happy with that. My goal is to reduce body fat and gain strength.
  • luv8
    luv8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago.. I am 195. i had my second baby 4 months ago. my goal is to be 145 to 150. I would love to be like 135 to 140 but i know thats hard to maintain. i went from 193 to 145 in nine months after my first baby was born, but im already seeing that its going to be harder this time around. im three years older and have less time with two kids. but im hoping to be at my goal weight by my sons first birthday.
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 6 and I think 145 -150 pounds is about right
    I did (10 years ago) get to 140 before but it was impossible to maintain and I looked a bit gaunt in the face - another decade older I think it would look too gaunt

But we will see as I approach goal :0

Good luck guys
  • HeatherTudor
    HeatherTudor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 7" Currently at 238lbs. My first goal is to get to 180lbs. I haven't seen that since I was swimming 2 days a week and competing on a regular basis. I am naturally a "larger" girl. I have an hour glass shape but with HUGE muscles in my legs. Even if I get to 180lbs I would be around 20% body fat. I still have a long way to go.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I hover around 135-138 and fine with it. I've discovered that even though I am a very active person, I'd have to eat a lot less if I had a lower goal weight, which I'm not really willing to do. I'm athletic and I feel good, that's what counts. I think IDEALLY I'd be about 130.

Right now I'm about 19.5-20% body fat. It's all in my lower body. I wear a size 4-6 depending on the brand.

Hello fellow CT'ian! I'm in Fairfield :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    5'7 and goal weight is 160. The way Im built anything lower would look bad (been there before).
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    5'7" here, goal was 170, now my goal is to have visible abs, regardless of weight.

*edit* 31yo male
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 147 or 23% body fat. I am currently at 29% body fat. Any smaller and I think I look sickly.

It amazes me that so many of my fellow 5'7" womens goal weight is less than 150. I didn't think that was achievable (at least not for my body type)
  • hawaii86442
    Options
    I am just under that height and my goal weight is 139. About 8 years ago I was that weight and looked fabulous(sorry, for the bragging). I am 148 now and can wear some size tens. My goal is too rid myself of the extra jiggle I have.
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7. I'm also looking at body fat percentages. I'm pretty curvy with a huge butt and boobs, but I'm looking to get to a BF level of 22% at least to start out with. I'm not sure what the weight will look like, but I'm going to have my trainger test my BF level on Thursday. Right now I weigh 155 and do like the sounds of somewhere between 140-145, but we will see
  • shiloh911
    Options
    I'm currently at 131 and my goal is 125 (started at 140). I'm going for 125 and toned because that's where I was at in high school when I worked out every day, and I felt like I looked great then. I'd say I'm a medium frame and roughly pear shaped.
  • dawten
    dawten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!