5' 7'' What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• RachMarie247
    RachMarie247 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am around 5'7" - 5'8" and weight around 130 or a little less. I still have belly fat! I would actually like to lose around 5-10lbs to see what it looks like. I am definitely top-heavy, DD chest and thin legs so that may be my issue as well.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    It amazes me that so many of my fellow 5'7" womens goal weight is less than 150. I didn't think that was achievable (at least not for my body type)

But height has nothing to do with body composition. Look at some of the pictures from 5'7" women who are less than 140, I would not say we look "sickly" but we do have different compositions. Bone density, musculature, frame size make a big difference in weight.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    135! :) I'm there. I sometimes dip as low as 132 or as high as one 137, but that's usually where I stay.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is 147 or 23% body fat. I am currently at 29% body fat. Any smaller and I think I look sickly.

It amazes me that so many of my fellow 5'7" womens goal weight is less than 150. I didn't think that was achievable (at least not for my body type)

BLT - totally depends on body type. I wear a size 2 or sometimes size 4 pants and a size 4 or 6 dress (Sometimes an 8 depending on who makes it) and I have a 32 or 34 D chest depending on the maker of the bra. It is 100% how your weight is distributed and what your frame looks like! I have NO hips! :)

Frankly, it AMAZES me that women's clothing gets manufactured at all, with all of our different bodies!
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Honestly I'd be soo happy to be atleast 170-160. I would want to go lower but I'd be content with 160.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    145 is my tentative goal. I will decide for sure when I am closer to it if I want to be around there or lose any more. I think it might be the right spot for me though.
  • johnnys30
    johnnys30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @silvabelle89 You look awesome. I wouldn't lose anything.

I personally focus more on what I see than what the scale says. When I get to the point where there's nothing obvious to lose I won't care what the number is.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    BLT - totally depends on body type. I wear a size 2 or sometimes size 4 pants and a size 4 or 6 dress (Sometimes an 8 depending on who makes it) and I have a 32 or 34 D chest depending on the maker of the bra. It is 100% how your weight is distributed and what your frame looks like! I have NO hips! :)

Frankly, it AMAZES me that women's clothing gets manufactured at all, with all of our different bodies!

I am all hips, have an AA chest, and am about the same size as you... Thankfully we can buy different size bikini bottoms and tops, lol
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 but I'm still posting, :P

My goal weight is 160 and then will go from there. Thanks for this post because it has given me a kick in the pants to go online and find a few pictures of women in my height and body structure range and use those as motivation.
  • audreanna76
    Options
    My goal weight is 135-150. Wherever I feel comfortable.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and 175 is my goal. I have a large frame, curvy, athletic so 175 I look 130, I carry my weight well and am pretty thin for me at that weight. I would love to see if I could go further and do 155, but that is very small for me, so we'll see when I'm there.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    200?
  • LadonnaFunk
    LadonnaFunk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get down to about 150-155. I have a medium frame, hourglass shape, large breasts. I don't really want to be super thin - I never really have been, and I kind of like my curvy body. I'd like to be a size 8 or so. I'm 165 right now. Two months ago I was 175, after having two babies in about a year and a half.
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i started out at 223 and am shooting for 173. i honestly think the last time i weighed that was 6th grade haha so i have no idea how i'm going to look. but i'll probably want to go for more :)
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Dang you are good looking....sorry just say your proflie pic and thought dang she is cut and chiseled im jealous and miss my 6-pack! hahah keep it up!
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6'' 1/2 and weight 132 also! I am going to 125? Still in the healthy range and my body looks better smaller but you look smokin!
  • trizzell79
    trizzell79 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" my goal is 148. I don't know if I could maintain anything less than that long term. Current weight 158.
  • wanda601
    wanda601 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150-155. I think that's low enough for my age (58). Have a long ways to go. In fact, I've been charting EVERYTHING I put in my mouth and all of my exercise, etc. staying within the points the site gives me and I've GAINED weight! lol! My life is very stressful right now so I'm thinking it's probably the cortisol in my body. My plan is to just keep on keeping on until the stress lets up and then hope for a HUGE drop in the scale!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It used to be 135...but I just saw that Healthy/Ideal weight chart that went out and for 5'7" the ideal range is 120 to 140, so I am carving that back to 130. I am at 149 today. :P
  • ddyirishgrl
    Options
    im 5'7". my goal weight was 135. im currently 135 and now i want to shoot for 130 cuz i still look a little thick
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!