Crock Pot recipes

Options

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    bump..someone asked this last week, but im always up for MORE ideas:drinker:
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I had a friend send me an email once full of weight watchers crockpot recipes and I kept it all these years. If you want to message me your email address I can forward it to you!
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    bajillions!!!!

you can make ANYTHING in that thing!

Skinnytaste.com

I love my crackpot!
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump
  • design_cowgirl
    design_cowgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The Buffalo chicken recipe sounds yummy, but beware of sodium! YIKES!!!!!
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    Crock Pot Cabbage Soup

Minutes to Prepare: 45
    Minutes to Cook: 300
    Number of Servings: 10

Ingredients

1 can of Chicken Broth
    1/2 head of Cabbage - chopped
    3 large carrots - chopped
    8 stalks of celery
    1 onion chopped
    1 cup of green peppers chopped (approx 2 large)
    1 can chopped tomatoes
    1 can of sliced mushrooms
    1 pkg of lipton onion soup mix
    12 oz can of v-8 juice

Directions

Chop all veggies into bite size pieces. Drain and rinse canned mushrooms. Add all ingredients in a large crock pot - cook on high for two hours and then on low for 3 hours. Very filling. Makes 10 servings of 1 cups. very low calorie.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Keep the great idea's coming! Thanks for starting this post!
  • shicken684
    Options
    I made this a few weeks ago and it was a huge hit. I'm making it again tomorrow. So freaking good as taco filling. Lots of sodium but only about 250 cal/serving. The recipe listed below is a total of 1513 cal, 65 carbs, 9g fat, 276g protein, 21g sugar, and 6346mg sodium(lol). I split it into 6 servings and ended up eating 2. It's likely less than that since your not going to eat all the salsa you use to cook with.

http://www.pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/2011/11/18/slow-cooker-cilantro-lime-chicken.html

Ingredients:
    24-ounce jar medium salsa
    Juice from one lime
    ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
    1.25-oz. package taco seasoning
    2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (optional)
    6 boneless chicken breast halves, defrosted

Directions:
    1. In a slow cooker, mix together the salsa, lime juice, cilantro, taco seasoning and jalapenos.
    Add the chicken and coat with the salsa mixture. Allow the chicken to cook, covered, in the
    slow cooker on Low setting for 6 hours. Serve chicken with salsa mixture spooned over top,
    or shred and use as a taco filling.
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    Crockpot Taco Chicken:

6 boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 pack taco seasoning (or make your own)
    1 jar of your favorite salsa or rotel

dump it all in crockpot cook on high for around 5-6 hours, take out chicken breasts and shredded with fork, then put it back in and mix it up let it cook on high for about 1 more hour.

serve with reg taco fixings or make it a taco salad with out the tortilla for and even lower calorie meal.
    It is awesome and super easy.

Pulled Chicken BBQ

Put 6 boneless skinless chicken breast in crockpot with a little water and some mesquite seasoning cook on high 5-6 hours

Remove chicken and shred it with a fork, drain water, put shredded chicken back into crockpot and pour in you favorite BBQ sauce amount varies by how much you want on your chicken some people like it more saucy than others, stir it real good and cook another hour. Serve on wheat roll.
  • cbo1o
    cbo1o Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I do a crock pot Chicken stroganoff:

2-3 Chicken breasts - frozen,
    1/2 pakage of Onion soup mix (I actually use 1/2 pkg due to sodium)
    98% fat free cream of mushroom soup (+ 1/2 can water)
    Onions
    Mushrooms
    16 oz Fat Free Sour Cream.

Put frozen chicken in the crock pot, top with remaining ingredients, and allow to slow cook all day (I usually cook on low for about 8-10 hrs). Once done, cut up the chicken breasts into bite size pieces (sometimes I shred it), and pour over your choice of either brown rice or whole grain noodles. :smile: I don't recommend putting the noodles to cook with the rest, the noods always get over done... :tongue:
  • elesiac
    elesiac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump! I'm using mine right now :)
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    crockpot cheesy chicken:

1lb boneless,skinless chicken breasts
    1 can healthy request cream of mushroom soup
    1 can campbells cheddar cheese soup (healthy request) it has 1/2 the sodium
    i box of whole wheat penne or rotini
    i cup kraft 2% mexican four cheese blend
    1/2 cup fat free milk
    ceyenne pepper(as u like)

Place chicken in slow cooker. season with mrs dash(or whatever seasoning you like)
    mix together both soups and milk and pour over chicken and I put ceyenne pepper in it as well to spice it up a bit.
    Cook on high for 4ish hours
    use fork to shred chicken. cook pasta according to box.
    Mix shredded cheese and pasta in with chicken and serve.

SO DELISH!!!!:tongue:
  • donnantx
    donnantx Posts: 76
    Options
    the CrockPot Chicken Tacos are fantastic!!

Crock Pot Chicken
    1 whole chicken (Giblets removed)
    4 whole lemons- cut in half
    1 pk of fresh rosemary- washed
    Salt, Pepper and Tony's (Tony Cachere's)

Line crockpot or spray with Pam (I LOVE LOVE LOVE crockpot liners...cleanup is so easy)
    place whole chicken in crockpot breast side up
    squeeze all 8 lemon halves over chicken, stuff a few lemon halves in the cavity, lay the others around/on top of chicken
    stuff a few sprigs on rosemary in cavity and lay around chicken
    season to your liking

cook on High 6 hours or Low 8 hours depends on size of Chicken and Crockpot

*If you stay home during the cooking process it will drive you crazy*

I serve with Salad

*I also go to a website called Crockin Girls...and my mom just gave me their new cookbook (#1 cookbook on Barnes and Noble)..it is fantastic and easy to use with not a lot of ingredients!!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

*I also go to a website called Crockin Girls...and my mom just gave me their new cookbook (#1 cookbook on Barnes and Noble)..it is fantastic and easy to use with not a lot of ingredients!!

That's my kind of cooking!! Thanks for the new recipe, too, it sounds so delightfully fresh!
  • northernlights907
    Options
    Never had this before, Im actually making it right now. Quickest and easiest crock pot recipe Ive ever made...

Crock Pot Italian Chicken

4 chicken breasts
    1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing (Regular is fine but I like zesty better. Sometimes I use a packet and a half.)
    1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
    1-2 cans cream of chicken soup (depending how creamy you want it)

Place the chicken in a crockpot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it. Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken. Cook on low for at least 4 hours. You can leave it in there all day. Once chicken is done you can leave the chicken breasts whole, cube it, or even shred it. I always cut the breasts into tenderloin size strips.

If you feel the sauce is too thick you can thin it to your preferred consistency with a little milk. Serve over pasta or rice.
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • northernlights907
    Options
    Oh! Love this one too....lime and cilantro chicken tacos http://delightsbites.blogspot.com/2012/02/lime-cilantro-chicken-tacos.html