What's your "healthy" junk food?

Options

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I love skinny cow ice cream! Also a big fan of hagen daas sorbet (I love raspberry and mango flavors) and the Ben and Jerry's Blueberry cheesecake Greek frozen yogurt. The Froyo, is 200 calories for a half cup, but I can never eat more than a quarter cup at a time so it is a good treat for me!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    It depends on who you ask. I eat chips and salsa as a healthy snack, but an awful lot of people on MFP seem to think it's bad.

I also sometimes eat low cal frozen treats.

A healthier option to the chips- Wasa rosemary crispbread. It's only 70 calories for two slices (think the size of a graham cracker sheet). It's soooo yummy with salsa, without the chips calories
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks dipped in light vegetable cream cheese. It's like I'm at a party, only without all the inane small talk.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    i LOVE my newly found brownie treat the fiber one 90cals one that a couple of people mentioned. they taste reallyyyy good and for 90cals i can have them couple times a week :)
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Diet coke & low-calorie hot chocolate.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Smart Pop popcorn.
    Homemade baked tortilla chips w/salsa.
    Sugar-Free Chocolate pudding with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter mixed in.
  • royam01
    royam01 Posts: 123
    Options
    Dove dark chocolate almond squares... just 1 or 2 usually does the trick!
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies....only 90 calories. Top with a spoonful of fat free cool whip...yummmm

LOVE these too! I have the peanut butter chocolate kind. mmmmm.

And PB2 is also AMAZING. I like to mix the chocolate kind into my protein shakes each morning. Chocolate peanut butter shake for breakfast- nothin better.

how do you make those chocolate peanut butter shakes?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on who you ask. I eat chips and salsa as a healthy snack, but an awful lot of people on MFP seem to think it's bad.

A healthier option to the chips- Wasa rosemary crispbread. It's only 70 calories for two slices (think the size of a graham cracker sheet). It's soooo yummy with salsa, without the chips calories

Lower calories doesn't make it heatlhier.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I make my dark chocolate chip, oat and protein powder pancakes, drizzled with chocolate PB2.

that sounds awesome!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's, Haagen Dazs or some other sort of ice cream
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's, Haagen Dazs or some other sort of ice cream

Don't be calling that "junk". ;P
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Chips an salsa is mine also. I usually get it at work to prevent me from getting a worse choice food such as nachos or big ol burger (I work in a bar). The chips and salsa are the healthiest choice short of bringing my own food and are so yummy :)
  • bcf7683
    Options

Lower calories doesn't make it heatlhier.

Excuse me for not going into excruciating detail. Less fat, less saturated fat, less cholesterol, less calories. To me, that equates to healthier. But that's just me....
  • bcf7683
    Options
    Fiber one brownies....only 90 calories. Top with a spoonful of fat free cool whip...yummmm

And PB2 is also AMAZING. I like to mix the chocolate kind into my protein shakes each morning. Chocolate peanut butter shake for breakfast- nothin better.

Chocolate PB2 mixed with Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate Protein powder.

• annajorgie
    Options
    Just discovered Artic Zone ice cream! Yum
  • bcf7683
    Options

chocolate PB2 with optimum nutrition double rich chocolate protein powder.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Kale chips...easy to make, super yummy and very good for you.

And stove popped popcorn.
  • Lauramlimg
    Options
    Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. One a day is all I need. The flavor is intense and satisfying.
  • mirasmom02
    Options
    I have 2: I save a bunch of calories by using salsa instead of veggie dip/salad dressing with fre4sh veggies or salad
    But my "healthy weakness" has got to be those Baked Veggie Straws (they also make them in veggie chips, but I prefer the straws)
    Has anyone else heard of these? I love them! (and so does my 1 year old). I was buying them fgrom Walmart/Sam's Club...but then I found another brand at the Dollar Tree! They totally help with my potato chip craving - I eat them plain or dipped in salsa....YUMMY!