What's your "healthy" junk food?

Options

Replies

• pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Kind Almond & Coconut bars... SOOOOO good. But high on the calorie/fat side so I can't eat them all the time. Which makes them a real treat!

Luna Honey Peanut Pretzel bars... I eat one daily.

Pop Corners - white cheddar is like eating Smart Food popcorn & they are all natural.
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    Edy's Fruit Bars. The ones I have right now are 45 cals per serving and perfect and delicious.
  • acawle00
    acawle00 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    3,2,1 cake topped with 1tbs of raspberry preserves.

Just curious how many calories are in this? I love it but didn't know how to track it.

When I'm craving something sweet, I go for frozen cool whip, fiber one bar, or anything with nutella on it!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks dipped in light vegetable cream cheese. It's like I'm at a party, only without all the inane small talk.
    LOL!:laugh:
  • hvpooly
    hvpooly Posts: 39
    Options
    Fiber one 90 cal brownies
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I crave salty foods.. I let myself have a bowl of egg drop soup (50 calories, SparkRecipes). Yummy!
  • Mrshunts
    Mrshunts Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Edy's Fruit Bars. The ones I have right now are 45 cals per serving and perfect and delicious.

Love those too
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    baked bbq chips, and frozen fruit bars
  • BethlovesRene
    BethlovesRene Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I make my dark chocolate chip, oat and protein powder pancakes, drizzled with chocolate PB2.

this sounds amazing! care to share the recipe please?
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    It depends on who you ask. I eat chips and salsa as a healthy snack, but an awful lot of people on MFP seem to think it's bad.

A healthier option to the chips- Wasa rosemary crispbread. It's only 70 calories for two slices (think the size of a graham cracker sheet). It's soooo yummy with salsa, without the chips calories

Lower calories doesn't make it heatlhier.

CHIPS AND SALSA are one of my favorite snakcs. Who says they aren't healthy?

Tostitos - Bite Size Rounds, (1 serving is 24 chips - that's a lot!)
    1 cup of homegrown and homemade salsa (no salt)

176 calories / 114 sodium / 26 carbs / 242 potassium

Not bad for a "snack" that fills you up and doesn't leave you wanting something else!
  • ladyicye50
    ladyicye50 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love the fiber one fudge brownies and chocolate chip brownies. I also like the pop secret 100 calorie butter popcorn. It's a tiny bag, but it does the trick.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Nutella.............................could spoon this into every orifice :P

Ohrlly?
  • Uxorial
    Uxorial Posts: 38
    Options
    Chee Cha Puffs, Black Pepper and Salt Flavour.
  • davenportk83
    davenportk83 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A Ghiradelli dark chocolate square and sleepytime tea makes for a heavenly nightime snack. In the afternoon I often crave chips and salsa so I use the Special K chips (sea salt) in lieu of tortilla chips. I also indulge in almonds from time to time, but not too often because of the high fat and calorie content.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt with (insert random fruit flavor here)
    fresh berries, frozen in my freezer for a couple hours is AMAZING on a hot day
    Fruit to go bars
    Baked apples and cinnamon (just apples sliced in half, cored, splashed with some water to keep it from drying out, and cinnamon on top baked in the oven until the top just starts to brown and when touched feels soft)

Basically anything with fruit is a weakness, so I find flour-free and sugar-free ways to indulge.
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    a tablespoon of honey.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    wine! So good for the heart and mind! ;)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I like grapes coated with sugar free jello mix. They are so sweet and delicious and even low cal! I also love the Yoplait Light Dessert yogurts. At only 90 calories, they taste like a dessert but you also get the healthy benefits of yogurt!
  • junglejd13
    junglejd13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Silk Almond Milk
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    baked bbq chips, and frozen fruit bars

We like baked chips in our house, too. Although, I'd say my favorite - Which may or may not be "junk food" as I can't see "junk food" and "healthy" squaring each others' circles. They ARE, by definition, mutually exclusive. - I'd say my favorite would be basically any flavor of Lara Bar. OH, those things are addictive. We've started making them at home, they're so good.

Definitely not "junk food", but I'll pit a big batch of cherries then freeze them. Nothing better on a scorching day than cherries straight out of the freezer!