What do you do when people keep staring?

Options

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i ask them if they need my phone number.

classic.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Give a smile, wink, and wave. That's what I do :wink:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I am a statuesque woman with an athletic build. I turn heads. I know this. So I build a little swagger into every step. Work it girl!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I think you should just start shouting at them "I told you to **** off the last time, you can **** off this time too." I hear people like that.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    That's life so unless you're going to take to the hills like a hermit just learn not to let it effect you. There are a million reasons people could be looking at you, maybe you remind them of someone etc, best not to let it get to your head one way or the other!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am a statuesque woman with an athletic build. I turn heads. I know this. So I build a little swagger into every step. Work it girl!

YOU GO GURL :happy:
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Smile and say "hi", or "good morning".

This... Sometimes people stare and zone instead of staring to be creepy. Sometimes people just like looking at attractive people. Maybe you look like someone's sister. Unless someone starts following you, tries to touch you, or starts smack talking, ignore it or engage it by saying hello. That'll call attention it and hopefully make it stop.

If you're new in your thin skin, it's possible that you're just not used to the attention. That's perfectly ok. :)

You can take Jennieb's suggestion, put a little more swing in your step, be flattered, and go on with your day. :)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    <
    Total Stare-er
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is but before we had kids my hubby and I were stared at alot, now they still stare, they have more to look at with 3 kids in tow lol!! My eldest has now noticed the looks, he asked us "Why is everyone staring at us?" Hubby and I just laughed and said maybe we look interesting!!!
  • maspicantexfa
    maspicantexfa Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I assume it's with approval. If I'm inclined, I'll smile at them. Otherwise I continue doing what I was doing. "Take a picture, it'll last longer" was left behind in school
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I usually just ignore it. I'm quite tall and have a unique sense of style (see the hair color, for example), so people often stare at me, especially old people. If I feel like they are are "glaring" I glare back at them, and sometimes they get embarrassed. If I feel like it is a stare of admiration, I'll smile at them. But usually I just go on my merry way and remain confident :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I smile, or wave, or crank my tunes, stand straighter and add a liiiiiitttle bit of strut to my walk.
  • MrDangerSass
    Options
    You could politely suggest they take a picture and let them know it'll last longer.
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I would just smile and say "hi" to them... Take it as a compliment and just move along... as long as they aren't following you.. I say it's ok...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    um, nothing. they own their eyes. be confident enough not to care.
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    I notice sometimes when people stare but I usually smile and give them a nod and keep it moving.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Keep staring. Dont break eye contact. It shows weakness. Stare back until they cant stand it and then look away. Then smack your chest with your fist and walk away, you win.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has 1 1/4 inch plugs in his ears and pretty much anywhere we go people stare. He doesn't pay attention to it but it really bothers me. I usually just stare right back at the person, though I've decided to start saying, "didn't your mother teach you that staring is rude?"
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    flip em the bird
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I follow them...conspicuously.

If I have somewhere I need to be, I politely turn around, get their attention, and ask them just what in the *kitten* they're staring at.