What do you do when people keep staring?

Options

Replies

• stephenmarbut
    Options
    i assume they are about to ask me for money, so i beat the to the punch...

"hey could you spare a dollar or some change?"
  • SirRunningShorts
    SirRunningShorts Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I put on a show for em...... do a little flexing, bend over at the waist...... it is all about free tickets to the Buns and Guns show!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    take off my shirt and ask if they want more ;D
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I stare at people because I find facial features interesting... I'm not trying to be creepy. =)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I get it too and it can really make me feel awkward. I get stared at A LOT of Arab women, specificaly Moroccan (I'm half Moroccan).

And sometimes I turn right back at them with devil eyes lol I open my eyes up so wide and close my mouth tight so that you can't see my lips and they turn right away lool

Love freaking people out! XD
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Flaunt it.

yeah, this...my bad
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Stare back
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    take off my shirt and ask if they want more ;D

I would probably say yes...just saying.
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything... Why on earth would you overreact just because someone is looking at you? Is it a crime now that I'm unaware of?
  • RonnieBigGunz
    Options
    Just say "u 'mirin?"

or if they're making you uncomfortable, say "did you lose something over here?"
  • laurin2010
    Options
    I just smile :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Options
    omg you guys just crack me up!!! Gotta love the male perspective on this question. Thanks for the laughs.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i've never had this problem.

but if someone were to stare, it would probably freak me out and i might run at them shaking my arms in the air and screaming jibberish.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If its a girl I want to know I ask her if she believes in love at first sight and if she says no I walk by her again =)
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Take a bow!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I think you should just start shouting at them "I told you to **** off the last time, you can **** off this time too." I hear people like that.

This made me lol. Twice.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I'm in a wheelchair, so staring happens A LOT.

I just look somewhere else and remark to myself (or someone I'm with) how rude it is to stare at people. Makes them uncomfortable and stop.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    It's not like you are hard on the eyes. People look, they watch other people. As long as they aren't being crude, let it go. Give them a smile and a hello.

this. i think you're very pretty and they may just be admiring the view. ;) just smile and keep walking. i don't get many stares, but when i do get looks i just smile. :)
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    When I lived in India for 1 1/2 years, I got stared at constantly because of my light skin and hair. And the men were not even discreet about it. If I stood waiting for a taxi or rickshaw, they would stand right in front of me and ogle. Irritating and creepy but that is their culture ... no harm meant by it usually.
  • UWZander
    UWZander Posts: 70
    Options
    I've found that a lot of different people (men and women) keep staring at me when I walk by. Don't know if it's good or a bad thing and sometimes I just want to turn around and tell them what the hell are they staring at.
    So what do YOU do?

Usually I get stared at on the bus, and I tried out several techniques but decided on the Arnold Schwarzenegger terminator slow head turn. You slowly turn your head until you make eye contact. Keep a straight face. Make eye contact with the person. They will usually feel uncomfortable and look away. Unless they are a racist crazy person who won't stop flirting with you. Best bet is to look incredibly uncomfortable when they make derogatory comments about different races (some of which were sitting near him) so you don't get shot.