• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    piratesarecool4.gif

Global warming is killing off the pirates? :frown:
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I only like the whites (when boiled) but now srambled, fried or omelets you have to have the yolks...OH WELL something is going to kill us.
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sorry. No.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    piratesarecool4.gif

This sums up what my comment would have been! :laugh:
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    piratesarecool4.gif

That is ****ing brilliant! :laugh:
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I thought the bad reputation of egg yolks from the 80s was discredited about a decade ago???
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Glad to read all the info "for" egg yokes because I love them and cringe when I read egg-whites in someone's diet. It's just not for me. I'm with the gal that said "everything kills you". Thanks for posting the "study" though because I got to hear what I wanted to ask about egg-yolks that was good:)

denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    all the protein is in the white anyway.

Not entirely true.
    Neat nutrition chart here: http://www.fitsugar.com/Egg-White-Vs-Egg-Yolk-Which-Better-364527
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I heard there were pirates in here.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    all the protein is in the white anyway.

That's not true. And, if you only eat the whites you can't fully process all the protein that is in them. You need the yolk for that.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    lol, if i had a nickel for every time someone said egg yolks were bad for you...
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather eat egg yokes than inhale cyanide.:noway:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    piratesarecool4.gif

Either that or the lack of pirates is causing global warming.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    That is a pile of plop plop.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    All I could think of was the Sirens show at Treasure Island in Vegas. Eggs not included.

• kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    But is it because of the egg yolk that people are more likely to get ill or is it not the causual link?

Eg. people who eat one rasher of bacon a day are more likely to be obese than people who don't eat bacon. The reason isn't because one rasher of bacon is piling on the pounds, but that the sort of person who eats bacon daily is probably the sort of person who eats alot of other things daily.

Maybe it's just one of those accidental links. I think if you ate an egg a day as part of a really healthy and balanced diet it wouldn't be worse for you than smoking.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    piratesarecool4.gif

Or the pirates were the only thing standing between us and global warming. Like some sort of secret society that staved off impending doom and we never even knew it until it was too late... :o

I'd watch that movie.
  • cccerberus
    cccerberus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    boy, i sure hope that study is BS
    i eat between 2 and 5 hard boiled eggs a day.. (while losing 2 pounds a week)

but oh well.. i did smoke for 20 years and that didn't kill me, here's hoping the eggs don't either!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to think of that "study" yet, especially given the source from the link you provided...

"Spence added the effect of egg yolk consumption over time on increasing the amount of plaque in the arteries was independent of sex, cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, body mass index and diabetes. And while he says more research should be done to take in possible confounders such as exercise and waist circumference, he stresses that regular consumption of egg yolk should be avoided by persons at risk of cardiovascular disease."

So they haven't taken into account other factors such as waist circumference and exercise? What other things haven't they taken in to account? It seems pretty premature to make the assumption egg yolks are that bad if other factors can contribute to the results. Of course, that is based on my completely non-professional opinion :)

I read your quote there and stopped at "sex" and immediately started thinking about the effect that sex might have on my arterial plaque. I'm not sure I'm in the right mind set for reading studies at this time.

[oh, and i eat the whole egg, generally fried in bacon grease; unless they are hard boiled, then my puppy gets those gross solid yolks.]
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday and my cholesterol is perfect.