Egg Yolks as bad as Smoking!?

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    The study was of cardiovascular patients with a mean age of over 60...
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I almost had a heart attack reading this post! I find this hard to believe since the egg yolk is the most nutrient dense part of the egg. I will continue to eat my whole eggs for as long as I live. So delish :love:
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I feel like the study authors do not know how to properly interpret their results.

I feel like the general public seems to be pretty bad at interpreting study results.

These two sentences pretty much sum up every study referenced in the news, ever.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The healthiest thing is to remove the yoke and just eat the white. Then dry the yoke into a powder, roll it up, and smoke that muther f--ker. It is da bomb.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    The healthiest thing is to remove the yoke and just eat the white. Then dry the yoke into a powder, roll it up, and smoke that muther f--ker. It is da bomb.

best post
  • foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This just might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    I'm gonna keep eating those beauties!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the study, because I don't have access from home without buying it, but from the abstract, I'd say not to scream about the sky falling. It's a correlation study, and there doesn't seem to be much about other dietary factors. Because eggs were demonized for so long, a lot of older people who regularly ate 3 or more per week for a number of years may be more likely to have had less than ideal diets, exercise habits or other healthy lifestyle factors any of which could be confounding.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    lololol
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    Yolks make me sick anyway. The smell and taste for some reason. If they are in hard boiled form they don't bother me though. I try and stay away though because of the cholesterol content. One whole egg puts me over my cholesterol for the day on MFP. HIgh cholesterol runs in my family
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    piratesarecool4.gif

heart you for this
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I dont believe this
  • Tann19
    Tann19 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Being alive is bad for your health!

:devil: :drinker::smile::smokin::cry: :devil:
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    Everything will kill you.

^ This.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Some part of me wants to start up a "yoke / yolk" rant thread to go with all the "lose / loose" and "muscle weighs more than fat" threads. :laugh:

I crack up every time there's a religious discussion and someone tries to quote that "equally yoked" phrase, and writes it "equally yolked". God said, thou shalt throw the same number of eggs at each person!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I am going to die eventually anyway....I would rather die from eggs than smoking.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i like my eggs fried in bacon grease:happy:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The study was of cardiovascular patients with a mean age of over 60...

Yea...I qualify.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Welp I'm doomed, I eat 2 eggs at least 4-5 times a week and I smoke....... go me...
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    if anyone beleives this then the yolks on you!!!! Ok i'm SORRY for that!!!!! :smile:
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Must be just Canadian eggs :wink: