• clydesdalenomore
    clydesdalenomore Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ME: 4*
    LNS: 1
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome volamena and all the other newcomers to this great challenge!!:flowerforyou:

I quickly skimmed the posts since I was on last - I see a lot of great progress. Too many people to salute individually. Anyway, it's very motivating. Keep up the great work ladies!

Me: 4
    LNS: 9
    Zaza
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me: 6 - LNS: 2 (started Aug 6)

voitdancer, wine is tricky, because it does require some salty snack along with it. Can you have wine for dinner and then sip on tea while online, reading or watching TV? Choose some mild flavor, cos tea can make one hungry, too.

Thanks for the suggestion dewdrop, I'll give it a shot.
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 11*
    LNS: 2
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Me: 11*

So proud of you, gmukris! :flowerforyou:
  • gmukris
    Options
    Thanks, Dewdrop! I mentioned last week that I put together a calendar of goals and each day has No LNS on it. So, it's an extra layer of accountability.

:) Kristina
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Me-12*
    LNS-1
    :flowerforyou:

OMG...I lost a day...but did NOT LNS...LOL...Because of the accountability we have on this forum, I am sooo happy that after 8pm...I just resort to TEA or wash up and go to bed...hehehe...things have been QUITE busy lately. I DID eat a nice scone with my grande soy latte about 6pm (for dinner) yesterday...I woke up this morning...EXHAUSTED...and I realized it was the Sugar content in the scone. I treated myself...its over...and I did not LNS...which of course, I am happy to report!

**Voitdancer** great job...just keep up the focus...
    **Lacewitch** sugar can be a real downer and cause crazy snacking cravings...hope you are doing well on...don't give up!
    **Clydesdalenom** - Awesome
    **Dewdrop** your support is ALWAYS fantastic!

Welcome newcomers from me, too (big smile)...Accountability WORKS! Everyone just keep TRYING!!

Have a WONDERFUL day... Deb :flowerforyou:
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Can anyone join? I have been having a problem eating late at night or after I have had dinner. I have told myself several times that I will not do it and then I go and take the one pill I have to take at night and end up getting into the cupboards for peanuts, raisins, graham crackers, peanut butter, nutella, etc, etc. Let me know, this seems like the perfect forum for me to join.
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you guys on this... I do well during day and then "carb out" at night. Part of my challenge is working till 11 or 12 at night, but dont want to use this as an excuse.

I could use some guy friends over 45 to help hold me accountable. I have no support group.

Have lost 19 lbs since Feb. about half way to my goal..... Thanks for letting me voice....
  • unicornsXglitter
    Options
    I'm in - will be beginning tonight 8/14/12. This is my pitfall - big time.
  • trustymutsi
    trustymutsi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm in! No snacking for me after 8pm.

Me: 0
    LNS: 0
  • luvdachs
    luvdachs Posts: 30
    Options
    This is one of my (many) downfalls as well. Once I get home from a full day at work, then a full evening of cooking and running kids to their various activities, then homework done.....I enjoy sitting down for an hour before I go to bed and eating a snack while I flip through channels or read my book. I quit smoking 3 years ago and my evening "quiet-time snack" has become the replacement I'm afraid. But starting tonight, I will not eat anymore snacks after 8pm!
  • Zamba74
    Zamba74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just found you guys, count me in starting tonight. My cut off will be 9 pm.
  • wayaluna
    wayaluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYBODY!!!! :glasses:

Deb and Dew this :flowerforyou: is for you two :smile:

WELCOME NEW PEOPLE! The more the merrier!

Me: 8 :heart:

I had to call and confirm my surgery date today. Ugh! and to confirm the prep stuff.:double UGH!! I felt the disstress chasing me throughout my day. YIKES!! :noway: At the end of the workday I starting facing the stress and struggled a bit when I came home. I had four veggie straws before I was able to curb my enthusiasm for anxious eating.I thought of reporting in tonight and was able to stop myself just for now. :blushing: I don't count this slip as LNS because it was before dinner. My Hubby and I arrived home late from work; too tired to cook. So we went through Wendy's drive through and I got a grilled chicken sandwhich and a salad with sugarfree lemonade. YEAH! It fit right into my food plan.

Do you all know the difference between a snack and a treat? This is something a dietician told me some time ago and it is helpful to consider this information when planning your food. A good diet includes snacks every day. Snacks are foods that have good nutritional value and help keep your blood sugar level. Treats are things like ice cream; potato chips; etc that have little nutrtional value. Stuff we really like. Those are meant to be occasional things in our diet. Like once or twice a month. or in my case once or twice a week. :laugh: The question is are you confusing a snack with a treat? I can tell the difference in my body. A snack leaves me satisfied. A treat has me wanting more (Sensible portion Vegetable straws. There is NOTHING sensible about my portions of this bad boys). Ugh!

My go to comfort snack is herbal tea with who-nu cookies (they have a good portion of fiber and a lot of other good stuff but taste like real cookies). I am going to have my tea and cookies after a walk with DH and dogs before I have an early bed time. I don't have any emotions eating me right now so I feel confident in my plan and ability to follow it. :drinker:

YEAH FOR US! :flowerforyou:
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I need to do this starting now!!! It 7:22 and i just had a snack at 6:45 so im going to try!!!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I do like this thread!

I joined mfp awhile ago-- I did, however, start to get much more serious recently by less snacking, logging and exercising with water.

The snacking is a touch one for EVERYONE! It is maddening, actually!

So, for today, I did really well. I left myself calories for a snack. I had my 2 small snacks for "dessert" instead of snacking later.

Also, I look at my food intake and use that as my goal for today!--I stayed at my calorie goal for the day!

Good luck tonight
  • voitdancer
    voitdancer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was able to do it tonight and I was even under my calorie goal, which I have not done in a long time!!! Thanks for the support dewdrop, debilang and everyone!!!

Me: 1

This is a fun challenge, especially when we can stick to the challenge! :smile:
  • gmukris
    Options
    Me: 12*

Tonight is my book club night and it doesn't start until my cutoff time. I fully intend to enjoy the evening and not feel guilty even a little bit.
  • trustymutsi
    trustymutsi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I won last night!!

Me: 1

I've been eating more protein, and getting more sleep as well, so it's really been helping me not feel as hungry.