Crock Pot recipes

Options

Replies

• sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    These sound really good. Have to try them later.
  • celloeuse
    celloeuse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just got my gramma's crock pot and all of these sound so good! Marking to read later once my last crock pot meal is done (beans, lenits, pork and carrots. Get enough in there and it lasts for a week! perfect for a broke college student like myself.)
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My crock pot eggplant parmesan

1 or 2 eggplants*
    1 jar of spaghetti sauce
    4 oz low fat mozzarella
    1 or 2 zucchinis
    Breadcrumbs*
    Egg whites

1. Spray crock w/a non stick spray, pour spaghetti sauce (1/5c) in crock.
    2. Cut eggplants in thin round slices, dip in egg whites then bread crumbs. Fry in pan haing non stock cooking spray. Once all eggplants have been cooked set aside and let cool. Slice up zucchinis and cook with nonstick spray.

3. In crock pot layer eggplant, zucchinis, mozzarella cheese and spaghetti sauce until you reach the top layer. Top final layer with spaghetti, mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.

4. Cook for 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.

* soak eggplant (sliced) in h2o and 1 tbsp of salt for 1-2 hours or overnight to get rid of that bitter taste.

**if you run out of breadcrumbs, you can use crushed multi grain crackers as a substitute.

This turned out very filling and yummy, low in fat and lasted me several days until my clumsy self dropped it all over the kitchen floor. LOL. Hope you enjoy it, I used leftovers in sandwich wrap for lunch the next day.
  • roman109
    roman109 Posts: 62
    Options
    bump
  • roman109
    roman109 Posts: 62
    Options
    bump
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Undoubtedly the best chicken tacos you'll ever have are made in a crockpot.

You'll need 1 or 2 lbs of chicken (I used thighs; they're cheaper), 1 jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Dump all three ing. into crockpot. Stir, if you're into that sort of thing. And then set your timer to low. You can do this with frozen or thawed chicken.

Here's the original recipe: http://mychocolatetherapy.blogspot.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

I dare you not to stand over the crockpot, eating it straight outta-the-pot with a fork!!

this is really good! Ive had these before..I use the low sodium taco seasoning..its a great recipe!!
  • cmeroar68
    cmeroar68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    BUMP! great recipes!
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just enjoyed the leftovers from Pork Vegetable Soup

(Low fat and low sodium)

1lb of red potatoes (bite sized or cut)
    1 Sweet potato (peeled)
    1 Onion (cut in large chunks)
    2 lbs baby cut carrots
    1/2 lb pork loin (cut into bite sized pieces)
    60 oz Unsalted stock (I use Kitchen Basics)
    3 cobs worth of fresh corn
    1/2 lb fresh okra (chopped)
    6 gloves garlic
    Rosemary
    Ginger
    Crushed Red Pepper
    Black pepper

Combine all ingredients in crockpot. (Potatoes, onions and carrots on the bottom.) Add spices and cook on low for 10 hours. Balance seasonings and add salt to taste.

Makes 10 servings

Calories 255
    Fat 4.1 g
    Cholesterol 40.8 mg
    Sodium 395.6 mg
    Potassium 1103.1 mg
    Carbs 36 g
    Fiber 4.2g
    Sugar 8 g
    Protein 19.8 g
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump for sure!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks :smile:
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Loving some of these,thanks. I love the idea of the crockpot but struggle to know what to cook in it. This w ill help.
  • luckyroot
    luckyroot Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • eboothby
    eboothby Posts: 24
    Options
    bump
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Undoubtedly the best chicken tacos you'll ever have are made in a crockpot.

You'll need 1 or 2 lbs of chicken (I used thighs; they're cheaper), 1 jar of salsa and a packet of taco seasoning. Dump all three ing. into crockpot. Stir, if you're into that sort of thing. And then set your timer to low. You can do this with frozen or thawed chicken.

Here's the original recipe: http://mychocolatetherapy.blogspot.com/2012/01/crockpot-chicken-tacos.html

I dare you not to stand over the crockpot, eating it straight outta-the-pot with a fork!!

I make this too for taco night but instead of salsa I use 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, and I use a packet of low sodium taco seasoning. About 20 minutes before it's done I throw in a brick of fat free cream cheese and let that melt. It makes it really super creamy. We serve on soft or hard taco shells with just lettuce and a little cheese. The meat is so flavorful you don't need anything else. Actually having this for dinner tomorrow. I made a pot of it over the weekend and let it cool down and put into a freezer gallon bag and froze it. It's thawing in fridge now. I love quick and easy!
  • NotGivingUpDammit
    Options
    How about vegetarian or vegan crock pot recipes?
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    BUMP =D Thanks for sharing your recipes everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • citygirl4ever
    citygirl4ever Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump....
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • horsepullerlovesme