Weirdest comment... ?

Options

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    ALL of these have either left me laughing due to the total douchebaggerie of some people, or shaking my head in complete horror at the again...douchbaggerie of some people!

I have also been asked if I "Forgot how to cook"... I had NO idea what this person meant at first. It was the most random thing... running down the road and he stops me to ask if I forgot how to cook??? I was like "Pant, pant, gasp... What?!" :laugh:
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    And this, ladies and germs, is why I almost never give compliments to strangers and rarely to friends. Because the slightest miswording or joking in the compliment can turn me into a "douchenozzle" as someone on this thread mentioned.

Very few people seem capable of taking a compliment as it was intended, and instead interpret anything said in the worst possible light and storm off angrily any more.

I weep for humanity.

Boo. I think i'll go cry now. AS I SAID- It was the WAY it was said (The tone in their voice) which I obviously can't explain very well. Oh well..
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Here's a conversation between me and my boyfriend about my weight loss

Him: "You've lost so much weight you look like a lesbian!"
    Me: "How exactly does losing weight make me look like a lesbian?"
    Him: "Well, your pants are getting really baggy and hanging off your butt."
    Me: "You do realize that not all lesbians wear big pants, right?"
    Him: "Well, yeah. But, my mom's a lesbian, and she wears big pants!"

:laugh:

This made me :sad: from :laugh:
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    You're quite pretty for a redhead!

or

I remember you when you were young - I never thought you'd turn out to be so pretty

or

(following a hospital procedure) you have a really beautiful bladder.

Really 'i never thought you'd turn out to be so pretty?' how rude ! OMG I don't know what i would have done!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    And sadly.... enter all those that feel WE, the people who get the most RIDICULOUS comments, don't know how to take a compliment. Please. That is not it at ALL in most cases.

I LOVE compliments. Bring em on! They keep me going for sure! But...
    Don't tell me that my husband must be happy I'm losing weight, like I wasn't good enough before.
    Don't tell me how beautiful I am now that I FINALLY got my *kitten* off the couch.
    Don't tell me that I have a 'beautiful bladder' (that one still has me chuckling!)
    etc. without me shaking my head and saying "HUH? YOu said WHAT?" :laugh: :laugh:

FUN AND GAMES PEOPLE, FUN AND GAMES!
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My dad made a comment that made me laugh - this was when I'd gained weight, rather than when I'd lost it. I was bemoaning my fat stomach and he was telling me it was perfectly normal to get a fat tummy at my age. When I questioned this, he explained, as if it were the most logical thing in the world: 'Well, you can't be an hourglass figure forever. Someday you'll be a teapot.'

(I'm happy to say I have since lost weight and do not show any signs of turning into a teapot just yet! :laugh: )
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    And sadly.... enter all those that feel WE, the people who get the most RIDICULOUS comments, don't know how to take a compliment. Please. That is not it at ALL in most cases.

I LOVE compliments. Bring em on! They keep me going for sure! But...
    Don't tell me that my husband must be happy I'm losing weight, like I wasn't good enough before.
    Don't tell me how beautiful I am now that I FINALLY got my *kitten* off the couch.
    Don't tell me that I have a 'beautiful bladder' (that one still has me chuckling!)
    etc. without me shaking my head and saying "HUH? YOu said WHAT?" :laugh: :laugh:

FUN AND GAMES PEOPLE, FUN AND GAMES!

I know right. *SHRUG* Can't please everyone.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    "It makes me feel like a liar when I tell other people you're a newbie." This was one of my training partners in the gym - I've only been powerlifting for 3 months, and my form is still rough. He

"You're ugly strong" - I don't remember who first said this, but I ended up taking it as my mantra in the gym now. Yes, I'm ugly strong - now I'm just putting some makeup on it.

I get called "freak" a lot as well, mostly as a compliment.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't really take offense to what's said because I know they're meant as a compliment. I mean, yes maybe I DO look 'good' for having 4 kids, but it would be nice to just be told "wow, you look great." Period. And maybe it's not just my husband who 'loves the new look', the more I work out and lose, the more I like myself and how I look which helps in every aspect of my life, including my love life.

One thing that makes me chuckle is when I show people a pic of me from Jan and they say "geez, I don't remember you being that BIG"...well I do, that's why I'm still working at this! :smile:
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    A very gossipy lady (who spread rumors that I was pregnant last year... nope, just fat) said to me in front of a group of my coworkers that I was wasting away.

Really? That's the best way you could think to say that I've lost weight? Ugh!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    And this, ladies and germs, is why I almost never give compliments to strangers and rarely to friends. Because the slightest miswording or joking in the compliment can turn me into a "douchenozzle" as someone on this thread mentioned.

Very few people seem capable of taking a compliment as it was intended, and instead interpret anything said in the worst possible light and storm off angrily any more.

I weep for humanity.

Pretty sure it's still creepy for an old doctor guy giving me an examination to say stuff like that. Totally disregarding your douchey comment!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I was doing a modeling shoot earlier this year and the photographer told me I had nice armpits... I was like lol what!?
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I was doing a modeling shoot earlier this year and the photographer told me I had nice armpits... I was like lol what!?

haha ! :noway:
  • minerva00
    minerva00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My maternal grandmother is...let's just say she's old school and speaks her mind. Anyway, in college I lost a lot of weight and was the thinnest I have ever been. About a year after graduation and months of teaching and not exercising I gained most of it back. After a year of not seeing each other the first comment out of my grandma is "Oh, what happened?! You looked so pretty skinny!" At that moment it hurt, a lot. Now, I think back and it just makes me smile a bit. I still love her.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Maybe he meant that you don't have the flabby skin hangover because of your bra that some women get. I know I get it. But then again, I'm 198 lbs.
  • MuscleJunkieK8
    Options
    This is from a person who knew I was hospitalized for severe anorexia, "Oh wow, you are trimming up nicely. I think you will look even better at your goal weight."

*Wowzers.*

:explode:
  • trishgrace
    trishgrace Posts: 285
    Options

"Amber! You've been losing weight! A LOT of weight! ... Your husband must be so excited!!" :huh:

Hahaha NOT "Amber, YOU must be happy" or "Amber, YOU must feel better" nothing like that... the first thing out of their mouths was how happy my husband must be!

This exactly! I was talking to a really nice man that goes to my church, I have become good friends with him and his wife, anyway I saw him at the school when we were registering our kids and he told me "Trish you look fantasic! Your husband must be so happy" I said Thanks but was like WTH? lol.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You're quite pretty for a redhead!

THIS. SMH.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options

Pretty sure it's still creepy for an old doctor guy giving me an examination to say stuff like that. Totally disregarding your douchey comment!

Creepy? Yes. Probably intended as humor, and if you pointed it out to him he'd probably (and rightfully) be embarrased. And in your specific case, it was 100% creepy. My comment was not intended to address the "compliment" you specifically received, and you would be right to call the doctor out for deeply unprofessional behavior.

Some of us aren't so great with social skills. We try. We fail a lot. When enough people get mad at us for our failures, we give up.

And I've deleted my "douchey comment", sorry it (like many of the other things I try to say) did not come out in the way I intended, and it certainly wasn't intended to refer to your doctor acting unprofessionally.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    how about.....now that you've lost some weight....can i have all your FAT clothes?