FINALLY! A low calorie mug brownie (101 cal)

Options

Replies

• TristaBentz
    Options
    This is a false recipe it is not low cal.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lol I was about to print and was also thinking..how can it be with that much oil :(((
  • mspris2u
    mspris2u Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    bump
  • msbluekatt
    Options
    You could shave about 135 calories if you substituted sweetener for the sugar. I really like baking with Stevia in the Raw.
  • elizardbeth
    elizardbeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have only found one that is 332 calories and that is the lowest:
    http://www.between3sisters.com/2012/02/335-calorie-mug-brownie.html
  • kelseyann130
    Options
    Here's a recipe for a 189 mug brownie! http://candelacouture.com/2012/08/09/recipe-skinnyspeedy-mug-brownie/

Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons Flour(can be whole wheat)
    4 Tablespoons Splenda or stevia(replaces sugar)
    2 Tablespoons Unsweetened/natural Cocoa powder (Note: don’t use cocoa mix or quik, it shouldn’t have any sugar)
    2 Tablespoons applesauce (replaces the oil or butter)
    2 Tablespoons Water
    Dash of salt
    Mug
    Microwave

Now on to the steps! They are very quick & easy but one must measure ingredients correctly to get the perfect Mug Brownie!

Step 1-Mix: Add the sugar substitute, flour, cocoa and salt to the mug first. Then add the applesauce and water to the dry mix. Make sure there are no clumps

Step 2- Microwave: Microwave on high for about a minute. The mixture should rise but the middle should still be somewhat wet when done.

Step 3- eat,eat,eat: let it cool & dig in! you can add dark chocolate chips or a scoop of low fat yogurt to the top to make it a stunning sundae as well!

I got unsweetened apple sauce and would use a bit more stevia because it's not as sweet as I'd like. Enjoy!
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have all of that in my pantry... Off to make some now!!!
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Right now I have my monster sweet tooth under control. BUT I will keep this recipe just in case it ever rears its ugly head again! Thanks so much for posting!
    PS! My doctor is the one who told me that if I quit my diet pop habit that my sweet tooth would dissapear. Bullsh*t was my initial reaction. I had to tell her two weeks later she was right. No more pop for me and no more sweet tooth and my sweet tooth was what has always killed my dieting ability!
  • meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump Thanks for sharing, I have been looking for low calorie brownie.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I really wish the OP would edit her post and add something that lets people know it is more like 400-450 calories and not 101 cal -.-
  • hoosieral
    Options
    Sounds good, will try. How did you arrive at the 101 ?
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Here is a true cake in a mug recipe from Hungry Girl:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/chocolate-911-mississippi-mug-pie-recipe

She has quite a few cake in a mug recipes.
  • Ayla70
    Ayla70 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    PLEASE START READING THE ENTIRE THREAD and stop bumping it

This is not 101 calories, this is more like 400 calories. The numbers are wrong.

^^ This...
  • jodfie
    jodfie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump to save for yummyness
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    <---is intrigued hmm
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    So sorry everyone!! I don't know why I didn't catch that myself!!

I heard about this site on MFP, so far every recipe I've tried has been amazing and most everything on the site is lower calorie.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/
  • kittiwake268
    kittiwake268 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make this brownie from time to time. You can have even less calories by eliminating the sugar and using Stevia or whatever artificial sweetener you have. And you can also reduce the oil by half and use some egg whites instead and a little extra water instead. Give it a try and see what you think.
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Taryn1627
    Options
    bump!
  • bb4cy
    bb4cy Posts: 2
    Options
    YUM!