Egg Yolks as bad as Smoking!?

Options

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    i follow a cigarette with an egg, so i think they cancel each other out.

...seems legit
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Gaston, every morning, eats FIVE DOZEN eggs, and that dude's roughly the size of a barge!

But he only has enough biceps for himself.....wait....getting an update...... check that, he has biceps to spare.

But he bites when he wrestles. He is a cheater.

AND, not a bit of him's scraggly or scrawny, and every last inch of him's covered with hair. . .

Calling all balding, wimpy guys: EAT EGGS!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    If you believe this anyway.....

Egg yolks almost as bad for your ticker as smoking, says study

Avert your eyes, egg-lovers. New research from Canada's Western University says eating egg yolks regularly is nearly as effective as smoking cigarettes when it comes to speeding up atherosclerosis, or coronary artery disease. The study looked at 1,231 men and woman with the average age of 61.5 years and found eating three or more egg yolks per week over the years was two-thirds as bad as smoking for increasing carotid plaque on your inner arterial wall, a risk factor for stroke and heart attack. Study authors stressed that "regular consumption of egg yolk should be avoided by persons at risk of cardiovascular disease." Boo! [Source]

http://now.msn.com/new-research-says-egg-yolks-increase-coronary-artery-disease

** I love eggs and always eat the whole egg it really helps me with my protein goal. I know there are a ton of people here who only eat the white.

While I agree that eggs are ok, Just because something is "natural" has no bearing on if it is ok. Example I would much Rather eat a Tsp of MSG than a Tsp of "all Natural" Arsenic!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

Avert your eyes, egg-lovers. New research from Canada's Western University says eating egg yolks regularly is nearly as effective as smoking cigarettes when it comes to speeding up atherosclerosis, or coronary artery disease. The study looked at 1,231 men and woman with the average age of 61.5 years and found eating three or more egg yolks per week over the years was two-thirds as bad as smoking for increasing carotid plaque on your inner arterial wall, a risk factor for stroke and heart attack. Study authors stressed that "regular consumption of egg yolk should be avoided by persons at risk of cardiovascular disease." Boo! [Source]

** I love eggs and always eat the whole egg it really helps me with my protein goal. I know there are a ton of people here who only eat the white.

While I agree that eggs are ok, Just because something is "natural" has no bearing on if it is ok. Example I would much Rather eat a Tsp of MSG than a Tsp of "all Natural" Arsenic!

When people talk about all natural food, they mean all natural FOOD. Arsenic is obviously not a food, and neither is MSG imo. Your illustration is not logical.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Here ya go!! Arsenic is naturally found in food

http://www.greenfacts.org/en/arsenic/index.htm

From the above link
    "Arsenic is a poisonous substance, which is released both from certain human activities and naturally from the Earth's crust.

Humans may be exposed to arsenic mainly through food and water, particularly in certain areas where the groundwater is in contact with arsenic-containing minerals."

When people talk about all natural food, they mean all natural FOOD. Arsenic is obviously not a food, and neither is MSG imo. Your illustration is not logical.
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I call BS, simply because this study came from Western.

On a side note, I go to Queen's. WUCK FESTERN
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    When I eat eggs, I eat whole eggs. I wonder if they considered the possibility that maybe it's what they eat with their eggs that's causing all the trouble. Eggs = whole, real food.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Rule Number One: EVERYBODY dies.

That is a scientific and medical fact.

Even D!ck Clark died...
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options

:ohwell: I suppose this could be true if you inhaled an egg yolk as often as the average smoker lights a cigarette!! :bigsmile:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I eat whole eggs. If I'm going to eat an egg, I'm going to eat the whole thing. It's the whole egg or no egg. I like eggs.
  • paytonOMG
    paytonOMG Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey guys don't listen... Its a study from CANADA:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Chicken.
    Egg.
    Discuss...

Put it this way, make everyone in your family smoke 40 a day, in return we'll all eat an egg yolk every day.

How many generations of lung cancer and emphysema do you think it will it take for you to change your mind?
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    But they taste better! :bigsmile:
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Here ya go!! Arsenic is naturally found in food

You forgot to also mention the potentially deadly levels of perfectly natural cyanide, which is found naturally in bitter almond kernels, which are often ingested mistakenly for their "health" benefits.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Bull****
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Not everyone gets high cholesterol from eating eggs. Not everyone gets fat from carbs. It is body chemistry that matters. Smoking on the other hand, probably is bad for everyone.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Hey guys don't listen... Its a study from CANADA:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey now. Let's not drag the country into this.

There are plenty of idiots in all the countries.
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I heard this on the radio this morning. They were saying that if you're over 40, egg yolks are as bad as smoking. As far as your heart is concerned. I can't imagine not having eggs all the time. I'll just have to take my chances.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    This is a rather small study, relied on participant reporting and it did not include other lifestyle issues like red meat consumption or activity levels. I'd like to see the study repeated in a more controlled situation, say with lab animals, and make a comparison of the data to this study.