Whats your idea of the perfect body?

Options

Replies

• kellyreynolds14
    Options
    I want to be strong, not skinny! The thing that irritates me the most is when people look at my arms and say I am too skinny! I have been working on lifting weights trying to buff up my arm muscles. I have also been working on my abs to tone and tighten them. I think all of the photos people posted on here are beautiful, but none of them are me :-) I don't want to be soft and I don't want to be skinny, I want to be strong, just like my will power :-)
  • RunninSD
    RunninSD Posts: 36
    Options
    165__165.gif?1255030253

I swear I felt like this before I decided to lose weight a year ago...
  • JoanaWillBeFit
    Options
    I would like to look something like this

e0a267fc.png

This mans' body is perfect :)

6983b760.jpg
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Jillian has great arms and awesome abs.

jillian-michaels-trainer.jpg

Catherine Zeta-Jones has a more feminine look.
    zeta-jones_catherine.jpg

My upper half is more like Salma's... And her curves are more soft...
    Salma_Hayek-Maxim.jpg

Both awesome bodies!! I would be happy with either :-)

no such thing as 'perfect' but these three are damn close if there was a such thing.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    model.jpg

she's just as amazing as the others. not about your actual weight but how its spread out. stop w/ the washboard abs ladies, entirely too masculine. men like a womans body not a teenage boys athletes! you can look soft as a pillow but be as solidly strong as an ice cube.
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know the context of the topic is the ideal *appearance* of a body, but when it comes to what my ideal is when it comes to MY body, I judge solely on performance and not on looks. If I'm fit enough to hike/bike/kayak/whatever as long as I want, that's my definition of perfection. I don't give a rip about what the mirror says at that point. That being said, when I'm keeping up with exercise (even when overweight), I have an hourglass figure: before I gained the weight, my measurements were 36-24-35. I've been incredibly blessed that even after putting 70 pounds on, the ratios appear to be about the same. So I guess I'm my own ideal? How narcissistic is that? :-P
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'd be concerned if she is classed as over weight!!

I wish i had her body, then again it is airbrushed to the max!

Haha, yeah. I tried to find a decent non edited photo >.<
    And her size (10US 14AU) is considered plus sized. o.o

I think it's crazy that 10 US is considered plus sized. For taller women this can really mess with your body image. I'm 5'9" and 168, which is within a healthy BMI. I'm finally starting to transition into size 10 clothes. I'd probably have to lose another 20 lbs to get into single digit sizes. I've only been there once at my current height and I had to work out 2 hours a day to maintain it. Too difficult and impractical.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I would like a figure like Sofia Vergara's buuuut I'm a short white girl and she's a Columbian goddess. Soooo yeah the odds of me attaining that is rather slim. Heck I can't even tan, I burn and go straight back to white. Buuuut I'll do my best to get as sexy as possible. :P

sofia-vergara-white-bikini.jpg
  • neaneawy
    Options
    No one is perfect :)

They only way a majority of our celebrities can get their "perfect" bodies is through Photoshop.

Have a look below :smile:

bgp4wx.jpg

wstzf6.jpg

1ovxif.jpg

i3x5c5.jpg

Is that eva longoria? her body looks the same...the hair and eyes are different but her body is bangin in both :) haha

Really!? Didn't you notice how gaunt her face looks and her arms is bony with hollow places. They filled her out in the photoshopped one.
  • neaneawy
    Options
    Yes, to the stretch marks. Mine have lightened up during my weightloss from my last pregnancy and my stomach has really lifted and tightened up. I'm very happy with my progress and don't feel it's worth it to get a tummy tuck.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I like the body of Miranda Kerr, but I am not built so small so I would never look like her.
    My measurements are 33, 25, 35, and I guess that will have to suffice. :)
  • a5ian_ang3l10
    Options
    and this one...not photoshopped

5a24he.jpg
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    model.jpg
    O..m.......g.......................................... *drops jaw*. That girl just has damn good genes.

My husband likes girls like this. Good thing for me, because I will NEVER be skinny.
    (The girl in the black dress)
    l.jpg
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    Ideally one with a big & healthy

brain_lateral.jpg

and

1-human-heart.jpg?9d7bd4

In the absence of those, I look for a great

1548_jeanette-158.jpg

You just won the internet with this post. :)

Thanks. I would trade the prize for one night with the above. :tongue:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I said her BMI is BORDERLINE underweight/healthy. Its probably a BMI of 19. I used to lift heavy and eat like crazy, was jacked and maintain a BMI under 20... she has very defined ab definition so her BF% isn't that high.

BMI and BF% have almost no correlation.

Also, you can call a bmi of 19 "close to underweight" if you want, but it is healthy.

Oh, and to the OP, my idea of the perfect body: mine, thank you very much. You want health and confidence? I've got it in spades.
  • KLovesTy
    KLovesTy Posts: 37
    Options
    My idea is this- not getting out of breath really easily. Not feeling tired and sluggish often. Not having so much fat that you are crazy jiggly in all of the wrong places. Blood sugars and cholesterol are in the healthy range. I don't have a photo because I think everyone is beautiful in some way so posting one is pointless. I just want to be and FEEL healthy. I FEEL amazing compared to nearly 60 lbs ago!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My idea of a perfect body:

Does what I want, when I want

Never gains weight no matter how terribly I eat

Magically retains a healthy muscle mass whether I workout or not

Is reasonably easy on the eyes
  • vancemcdaniel
    Options
    What is my ideal body? My answer is very simple A body that has reached it's genetic potential.

When we see beauty we are doing the "math of mating" Beauty is about one thing. SYMMETRY. Some of us have more symmetry than others. I don't care what type of body you have. You can train it for optimum symmetry and performance. If and when you attain your genetic potential I GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE VIEWED (AND VIEW YOURSELF AS MORE THAN IDEAL)
  • Snuffle0107
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe! I love her hourglass shape and somehow I was blessed with the same. She is and always be my "ideal", she was slim, curvy and soft just as I feel a woman should be. I would also like to go ahead and say yes she was a size 16 but the sizes were different back then, so her size translated to today would be smaller.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My idea of a perfect body:

Does what I want, when I want

Never gains weight no matter how terribly I eat

Magically retains a healthy muscle mass whether I workout or not

Is reasonably easy on the eyes

That sounds... like a honey badger's body.