What time of day do you exercise?

Options

Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    after work before supper during the week, on the weekends late afternoon, prefer that time of day :)....weekend mornings are for coffee , pj's and cuddling with my German Shepherd Gus :bigsmile:
  • ndm9one
    ndm9one Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I workout first thing in the morning before I start the day.
    THEN I make a protein shake & breakfast :glasses:
  • pedrnpj
    pedrnpj Posts: 5
    Options
    Im a morning person and work 12 hours sifts 8a-8p I have found I just get up every day I work at 5am walk 50 minutes then get ready and go to work days off I get up at 6 it sort stings getting up every day like this but it's the only place I can make time for me.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Usually in the morning so I can get it out of the way, get showered, and get on with my day.
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    5:30AM. After work I'm pretty useless!

right with ya! if i don't go right when i get up, it usually doesn't happen! :(
  • JRPace77
    Options
    I wake up at 8 am and I'm at the Gym by 8:30, usually stay until 9:45-10 each day. It's not always easy getting up that early, but I find if I wait I lose all motivation and 9 chances out of 10 I won't go. Early bird gets the worm, right? :laugh:
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm very fortunate to be self-employed, working from home. My body seems most receptive to physical activity anytime between 2pm to 6pm, so that's when I exercise. I'm envious of y'all who can jump out of bed and start working out: I've tried many times throughout the years to do that, and just can't handle it! :-)
  • marthathebear
    Options
    exercise before lunch, walking after dinner
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I prefer to workout after work...GREAT stress relief! And, the bed feels entirely too good in the mornings to even consider an am workout!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    During summer break I exercised first thing in the morning every morning. Now that school has started back I am struggling to get it in. I do have to do it in the evening if I can get it in. Trying to do it every other day.
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    On work days, I walk 2x a day with a co worker and do whatever other exercise I'm doing that day as soon as I get home from work. On the weekends I try to get my work out in about an hour or so after I get up.
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    Well it is summer break so usually any time inbetween 1pm -5pm. The gym is nice and quiet so i dont have to hang around for machines.
  • LiftHuff
    LiftHuff Posts: 131
    Options
    whenever I can fit it into my day. I usually work 6 10's so it's totally erratic.
  • lvpthemvp
    lvpthemvp Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Both a.m. and p.m. cardio in the mornings.
  • JessLov67
    Options
    First thing after my breakfast settles.
  • meka325
    meka325 Posts: 47
    Options
    I work 3 14-hour workdays Sun/Mo/Tu, so if I can exercise at all, it is going to be walking to (1.25mi) and/ or fro (1.7mi) work. I usually feel too weak and haven't eaten enough before leaving the house in the morning to walk to work, but I usually walk home at night. Even though I'm shot and the distance is slightly longer, it's easier.

On my days off, I walk and/or go to the gym and will typically do so sometime between 10a.m. and 2p.m.
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have to do in as soon as I wake up in the morning - I never have the drive or energy to do it after a long day at work...so I make it a point to get up early and sweat! Starts my days out great!
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i'm a grad assistant, so it depends on the day. today i went at 6pm, but i'll be hitting it in the am tomorrow because of my schedule. i prefer to go just whenever i am 'feeling it' but sometimes that doesn't always work out
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am a morning person, though my bed has just been sooooooo snuggle-y soft lately...so I have been coming home and as soon as the last bite of dinner is chewed I jump on my recumbent bike for about 90 mins or so and try to redeem my caloric mistakes in the day. With MFP I find I am seriously weighing the options before eating, because I know what it is going to cost in time and effort to "make up" for it. My local pool is closed in the month of August for scheduled maint., once it opens in September I will be back to working out in the mornings.
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    5:30AM. After work I'm pretty useless!

Samesies. I get up at 4am. Usually at the gym ~4:45. Its an unholy hour.