30 lbs GONE by Halloween

Options

Replies

• ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My goal was 25 by November 1st, to put me in my healthy BMI range. 30 could work too! ;)
  • gkershner
    Options
    Although I still have quite a ways to goal, I'd like to really surprise my extended family at Thanksgiving with what I have lost. 30 pounds by Halloween would be a huge jump. I'm definitely in. Thanks for the idea and motivation.
  • nancy4b2g
    Options
    I will honestly try. It seems like alot. I am having trouble with weight loss. Since June 15 I have only lost 9 pounds. Are you not eating?
  • amrita0286
    Options
    count me in too :)
  • nancy4b2g
    Options
    I am with you on that.
  • tekavincent
    tekavincent Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Successes. I bought my scale and discovered I had lost 8 pounds in the last month and a half. That was cool. Since I just weighed yesterday, I'm going to wait till next Wednesday to weigh again - ooooh that will be hard. I'm not counting my 8 as part of our campaign, so I'm hoping for 6 since I'm getting a late start (at least 4 and I can average the other 2 in with the other weeks if I need to).

Happy day, I got nearly 4 miles in which helped me to stay well under on calories - small victories - right? Still struggling getting my water in which is crazy in this heat!
  • nhernan6
    nhernan6 Posts: 21
    Options
    I am totally in! I weigh in on Mondays - my 1st week I lost 4.6 pounds! I am so excited to do this! I am leaving for Seattle on Friday not looking forward to the challenge of fitting eating right into my vacation - i am scared to death!
  • jen350z
    jen350z Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm in. I already lost 6 since Friday 8/10. :)
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Wow - we're getting a lot of people that our challenge resonates with. What a way to enter the busy holiday season; lighter, healthier and probably a little happier too.

For those of you who don't have 30 to lose, or feel late coming in --- it doesn't matter!!! 30 is just a number that worked for the original 4 of us. Whatever your goal is by 10/31 or 11/01, you've taken the first few steps by acknowledging your desire and joining a challenge for support.

Please post often, and share what's going on in your world that's challenging you as well as helping you succeed.

OK - on to personal notes...
    - I *love* my new hair! It's a big change, the biggest in at least 5 years, and I am very ready for it.
    - I did not get on the scale this morning: one day down, 4 to go.
    - I'm planning on another low-cal/high-protein day, because I plan to have pizza toppings tomorrow. *drool*

Have a great Thursday!

PS: you should all be jealous, I get to hang out with tekavincent (who's in our challenge!) this weekend!!! :drinker:
  • Lexie2007
    Options
    I'm in! I am already excited about Halloween as it is, this only makes it better. If I can lose 20lbs I'll be at my pre pregnancy weight of 158lbs, so if I could reach 148lbs by Halloween that would be awesome. That would leave me with only 13lbs to my goal weight. lets do this. By the way, I'm in Texas too. Born and raised! :wink:
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! My goal weight is 140 - so that's 31 lbs away. I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution - started 8/1, which ends right before Halloween!
  • MsCole707
    Options
    I'm in.... I'll try my hardest to get there. That'll be awesome I would have lost a total of 60lbs.
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options
    Some successes this week...

Now that I can fit into my size 12 jeans, I've bought some 10's for motivation! I also bought some cute dresses in a size small because my mediums are getting too big. I will post some pics when they arrive!

I entered the 150's this morning. 159.8 :) 6 more pounds until this shorty is no longer "obese" in the BMI department. Now just 29 to go for my birthday/Halloween goal!

Congrats to your successes this week!

Marie
  • margueta213
    Options
    Count me in! I am turning 40 and single so I want to live my second half of life to the fullest.
  • MamaKay3
    MamaKay3 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I only have a goal now of 20lbs but I'm loving the challenge. I weigh-in on Monday's. I will update then :) This is week 1!
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!!!

Had a nice dinner at Olive Garden - yes, it's possible to eat low-calorie there! LOL Just finished my left over shrimp as a snack with my night meds.

Remember, tomorrow is the time to PLAN AHEAD for your success over the weekend....you can do this!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options

Now that I can fit into my size 12 jeans, I've bought some 10's for motivation! I also bought some cute dresses in a size small because my mediums are getting too big. I will post some pics when they arrive!

I entered the 150's this morning. 159.8 :) 6 more pounds until this shorty is no longer "obese" in the BMI department. Now just 29 to go for my birthday/Halloween goal!

Marie

Great job Marie! I haven't seen the 150's for awhile, can't wait to reach them ;)
  • sapphirewind
    sapphirewind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm In! Love your avatar btw!
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't have 30 lbs to lose, but 20 and I am so in if yall will have me!! I am in Texas too, originally from north east Houston but now in Waco.
  • hmbrandon
    hmbrandon Posts: 114
    Options

Marie

Great job Marie! I haven't seen the 150's for awhile, can't wait to reach them ;)

Thanks!!!! You can do it!