I want to know how much coffee you drink

Options
I drink a full pot of strong black coffee per day. I feel like this is excessive. I don't generally drink any other caffeine though, usually stick to water or milk otherwise.
I'm curious if people think this is a lot or what? Would be nice to see someone chime in and say they drink more I guess, lol.

Replies

• davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    3 large cups a day which is equal to one pot. More when my family gets together. Love my coffee.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    AT LEAST a full pot....don't mess with my coffee....
  • MarisaLWood
    MarisaLWood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I drink about as much as you do... the amount of coffee I drink and the strength of it have been a running joke at work almost since I started at my current job four years ago. (And I've actually seen at least one person water down the coffee I brew!) Rumor has it that if I got a paper cut, I'd bleed coffee :laugh:
  • peterhern
    Options
    Same.
    Usually done drinking coffee by noon, but will occassionally have one early in the evening.
    I do drink a gallon of water a day which I think prevents dehydration from the caffiene.
    I drink mine black, also.
    Favorite brand?
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    40 oz at least. No idea what that is in pots. Sometimes a lot more than that.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Usually at least a minimum of five regular size mugfuls a day.
  • happyceliza
    happyceliza Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    3 mugs full, I usually brew to the 6 or 8 cup line on my coffee maker and drink it all, so my cups are big!
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I drink a large cup or two when I get up, and sometimes a XL go-cup to get me thru the morning at work. A cup, maybe 2 in the afternoon, to combat the post-lunch drowsies. Then I wind down with at least 1 cup in the evening.

Nope, one full pot is not necessarily too much. If I were to get shaky and jittery, or have trouble getting to sleep, I would maybe cut back.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Same.
    Usually done drinking coffee by noon, but will occassionally have one early in the evening.
    I do drink a gallon of water a day which I think prevents dehydration from the caffiene.
    I drink mine black, also.
    Favorite brand?

It's a shame to say I was most recently impressed with a cup from Conoco (gas station) aha! I don't have a favorite, really...just whichever name brand of grounds is on sale at the grocery store when I'm almost out.
    ps you are all wonderful, now I don't feel so bad. I just wondered if I was going overboard. When there is something I like...I have to have a lot of it :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The standard is 32 oz every morning at work. 48 oz this morning because I wanted it. VERY badly.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It is just me, so I drink instant folgers unless I have company. 2 cups a day. I have a splash of caramel flavored syrup in the sugar free version from sams club with a tiny bit of 30 calorie almond milk in it. Sometimes I get too busy for cup 2 or even more rare a third cup in the afternoon if I am really dragging.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 cups/day. I do think a full pot is a bit excessive, but as long as you are drinking lots of water, I guess you're OK? :)

I usually grind my beans before I make each pot, but I found some delicious Mexican coffee at Trader Joe's that's already ground. I forget the name, but it's sooo good black. I always add half and half unless it's really good coffee.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I have a large mug on workdays...on days off I usually have two of those or sometimes go out for an espresso drink of some kind.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    some days 2 cups, some days 5 cups. and when i say cups i mean great big mugs.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    3 cups with heavy cream gets me through until lunch which is when I tend to feel hungry.

Lots of water as well, no other caffeine.
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Three 12 oz cups a day..mmmmm I luv my coffee
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    a full pot sometimes 2 . I am looking for a drip line to tote around with me. :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    a lot...
  • SnTsMum
    SnTsMum Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love my coffee.....I probably have around 3 cups a day with 1.5 teaspoons of instant coffee in each.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    4 average sized mugs. Sometimes black, sometimes with almond milk and splenda. Once in a blue moon a soy latte with sf syrup. I can't have milk (although can eat all other dairy). Some days I drink more rarely drink less. Generally drink all my coffee before 9 am. Drink at least a 1/2 gal of water per day. Once in a while drink tea, usually herbal but not always. Rarely drink soda. My fav is Columbian beans from the Costco roaster. I buy the 5 lb bag. We only go to Costcos with the roaster, I have found if they don't have the roaster in store then they don't carry the coffee. I am really a nice person unless you attempt to cut off my coffee. Hubs will go to the store in the middle of the night if need be.

I don't think a pot is too much if it doesn't bother your stomach and if you are drinking enough water. I used to drink a couple pots a day but the dr. made me quit since it aggravated my ulcer.