Beautiful Blues week of 1/11/10

Options

Replies

• hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    B2B-Love it! I'm in. I hate logging in the food, and haven't been wearing my HRM lately, but will put it on today. Of course I step on the scale and I'm a bit less today. Oh well, the hormonal fluctuations! Start puppy classes tonight, very excited. I'll probably have the retard of the class with my luck! NO MORE SUGAR KATH! There is the pledge.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    B2B-Love it! I'm in. I hate logging in the food, and haven't been wearing my HRM lately, but will put it on today. Of course I step on the scale and I'm a bit less today. Oh well, the hormonal fluctuations! Start puppy classes tonight, very excited. I'll probably have the retard of the class with my luck! NO MORE SUGAR KATH! There is the pledge.

HM04 - my LuLu graduated puppy classes end of December.....

IMG_1470.jpg

gotta love that smile!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Going to go for a 5 mile run at lunchtime....I think outside although it was "supposed" to be warm and it's only 28 windchill right now
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody,

Let's keep the motivation going!!! Wohoooo .. B2B is great

debnu1- I'm having baked salmon with green beans and wild brown rice

Chrissy- Awesome job on the workouts. You go girl!
    Also, very cute picture of Lulu, all grown up!!!!

msh- Thanks for the amazing story. That is a huge accomplishment and required great determination. Wow!!!!!

Drinking all that water down yesterday definitely helped my body get rid of all the sodium I had consumed these past 2 days. This morning the scale is going down..Wohooo.....I have also logged all my foods for the day and feel confident in it, and just got back from the gym and ran 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes on elliptical trainer, and 10 minutes of strength training. I also count the 40 minutes of walking that it takes me to and from the gym. I am so pumped!!!!
    I also plan to drink about 12 cups of water today, 96 oz, and watch my sodium intake, and not put anything in my mouth that is not logged.

I love back to basics!!!!!! Let's do this!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Is B2B another group - I am confused.....easily done but that's how I roll!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I think B2B is just a challange for our little o group

Alot of us need to get back to the basics (especially me)
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    chrissyh - LOVE the pictures of your doggy!! What a cutie pie!!

Headed to the gym soon for a step class. Another successful eating day. One day at a time.

I'm going to weigh myself on Friday morning early. My husband and I are leaving Friday morning for a weekend in Rome, Italy. I am excited but nervous about all the fantastic food. I know a weekend won't kill me but I really want to get myself back on track.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Is B2B another group - I am confused.....easily done but that's how I roll!
    (((HUGS)))

Chrissy - B2B is a challenge that we've started for this week - It's Back to Basics!! I've been struggling with my weigh ins lately & found that I wasn't taking care of the very basic things that MFP is all about. Such as:

Drinking ALL my water
    Logging ALL my food
    Working out for ____ hours every week (6 for me)
    No eating after 8 PM

It's wonderful that we have such a great support group to encourage & remind us of the very basic elements of weight loss & a healhty lifestyle!

Just do it!! GOOOO Blue!!!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Taradise - Rome?? Are you serious?? That sounds wonderful!!!! ENJOY!! ... Honestly, I'm feeling a bit of jealousy right now! What an AMAZING trip that's going to be! Have fun & be safe!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Blues are awesome!!!! I am going to try and put a dent in it this week.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have to admit something I am planning. The city I live in is starting a BL challenge on Tuesday, I am going to take part in it again-the more help I get the better I figure. So after I weigh in on Monday I am going to treat myself to whatever I want until the weighin --Tuesday Night. I am being good this week, but I am already thinking about the cake I want to eat and figuring out where I want to go eat. Probably not the healthiest recourse, but I am being good this week to be bad for a couple of days. :tongue:

I do love B2B I have been doing great the last couple weeks because of it. It is amazing what a little planning will do!

I just watched the BL this morning. It really hit home to me this time, It seemed extra motivating--maybe it is partially because of my fear of water and the fact that I am going to start swimming lessons this summer to get over that (I never had the opportunity to learn before). I also loved what Jillian said--you can do anything if you believe you can (or something like that) I am going to watch it again, and put that quote up in my house. So many times we make our future, just by what we believe it will be.

My belief/dream is of a skinny, healthy, active person who is confident, loving and gracious. What is yours?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    B2B - gotcha. I must have slept thru that one!

Ran 5 miles today - that's probably one the the toughest runs I've done like maybe ever....same route just physically exhausting. I didn't eat anything before like a dummy...I guess I learned that the hard way. But I did it, it's done, no more running til the weekend then 8 miles.

Deb-sounds like a great challenge to be involved in!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Chrissy, you completed it even if you were tired. That is amazing to me. I can't wait until I can run for 30 mins (3 miles) without stopping. :bigsmile:

The BL contest is a great program, you weigh in weekly and meet with registered dieticians afterwards. I learned a lot last year, in fact that is how I found this site. I have managed to keep off everything I lost last year plus some, so my goal is to actually just finish it out this time. It lasts for 12 weeks, so I figure 24 lbs more will get me just about to my goal. So I am going to have to be sure and get there. It would get me out of the overweight category for sure. :bigsmile: So I am really going to amp it up for those 12 weeks and see how far I can get. 2 lbs a week is healthy and between the wonderful beautiful blues and the BL challenge I am sure to get there! :drinker: I know now that I can do it. I don't feel as though I am deprived when I am planning ahead, as I can fit in all the foods I really want to--and then my exercise cals are bonus ones. It's going to be fun!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Ok the first two picture are from when I first started
    july22.jpg

july22-2.jpg

Now these other two are from this morning
    Jan1310.jpg

Jan1310-1.jpg
  • Taradise
    Options
    Taradise - Rome?? Are you serious?? That sounds wonderful!!!! ENJOY!! ... Honestly, I'm feeling a bit of jealousy right now! What an AMAZING trip that's going to be! Have fun & be safe!

Yup Rome for an extended weekend. The joy of living in Europe is that Rome is only 2.5 hours away :bigsmile: One of my bucket list items is to eat pizza in Italy where pizza came from. We are pretty excited... I've never been to Italy.
  • chrissyh
    Options

Yup Rome for an extended weekend. The joy of living in Europe is that Rome is only 2.5 hours away :bigsmile: One of my bucket list items is to eat pizza in Italy where pizza came from. We are pretty excited... I've never been to Italy.

That's amazing! I am jealous!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Ok the first two picture are from when I first started
    july22.jpg

july22-2.jpg

Now these other two are from this morning
    Jan1310.jpg

Jan1310-1.jpg

WOW!!! That's incredible! HUGE difference!
  • Taradise
    Options
    sanifrey - Love the B2B challenge. I've been doing pretty well with the basics this week - logged everything, exercised, drank lots of water. I'll do my best this weekend.

debnu1 - neat a BL challenge locally!! I wish you luck and feel free to share any knowledge, tips, etc with us!!

chrissyh - I once tried to run on an empty stomach - did not go well. You know betta.

j_g4ever - WOW! you are so much narrower now!! Great job!

I killed it at the gym tonight in a step aerobics class. Had that step up as high as it goes (nearly tripped on it a few times). HRM says I destroyed 456 cals... that's fantastic for me. Woot! Have a good night Blues!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    taradise - you rock! Was that an hour class-I like our step class and they just changed it to Fridays - hopefully I'll get there this week!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I just completed 45 mins on the treadmill. I would love to get 6 hrs in this week but I just bumped myself up to 45mins and don't want to push myself. I'm on my second quart of water and thus far have completed my food journal and stating within my calories. Now its time to figure out what we are going to have for supper.