Replies

• Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple. Proposed. :-)
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The closest I have to an SO is my best friend and sometimes FWB. We have known eachother for almost 25 years. The bestest thing he does is remember. He pays attention to the things I say, and he remembers them.

1)About 18 years ago, while just friends, we were together with a group of friends drinking, and talking, and the topic of the perfect date came up. So I told the group that I invisioned a picnic dinner, candles, and wine. About 3 years later, when we were involved, he invited me over, and the room is covered with candles, there is a blanket spread on the floor with a picnic basket, and a bottle of wine. :)

2) About a week ago, we were talking and I asked him if he remembered when we met. I was expecting him to mention a time when we first really hung out. But he remembered the actual first time we met, which was all of about 5 minutes.

Also, he as been around through thick and thin. Literally. But he never commented on my need to lose weight. Instead, when I told him that I was starting this time, he was happy because he knew I would feel better. And he has been supportive of me the whole time.

We talk to eachother every day. Most people don't quite get it. They wonder why we don't get more serious about eachother. But we have our reasons. This is working for us. :)
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Mine is awesome. He has done so many things I can't recount them all, but lately, he got up after a long day of work and went to the store to pick up an apple that I'd forgotten to buy when I was there earlier. Just one single apple.. he knew it was on my menu plan and wanted to be sure that I was able to follow it.

There are other more flamboyant stories, but this one explains how much he loves me.
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Easy - She carried each of my 6 children for nine months, gave birth to them and now cares for them daily. I Love her.... :heart:
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    He got me out of a terrible living situation, found me a new apartment, helped me get everything together to move in and made me buy furniture, and he bought me some as well so I could be comfortable immediately. Who DOES that for someone??!!! LOVE.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My amazing boyfriend is the best supporter I have, even though we have been long distance for years. It's hard because I would much rather be with him, but he knows that if I gave up school I would regret it. He has always encouraged me to follow my dreams and reminded me that we are both on our own journeys right now, but in a few years we will come back together and get to start our lives together. :love: :love: :love:

P.S. I can't WAIT to marry my marine! :heart:
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I get to brag about my fiance now??? FINALLY!

I could go on and on, but honestly, the best thing he ever did for me was make me feel that I am not only ok the way I am, but that I am WONDERFUL the way I am. Most of my life I've felt like a bit of an oddball, I've struggled with depression and anxiety, and I've always been insecure and unsure of myself. My fiance makes me feel like I'm normal, and that it's everyone else that's crazy ;) He thinks I'm beautiful, and he inspires me to be a better person. I look forward to seeing him every single day, and can't wait to grow old with him.

If we're going for grand gestures of affection, I think I'd have to go with the expensive and GORGEOUS stand mixer he bought me on my first birthday dating him. I'd been coveting one for years. Gotta love a guy who understands that I prefer fancy kitchen toys to fancy jewelry! Also, the fact that he gets me up and to the gym in the mornings, even when I'm a cranky ***** about it. He knows I appreciate it in the long run ;)
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    She gave me two amazing kids... thoguh the last one cost her life....

This just broke my heart :cry:
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love this thread and love that it has gotten sooo many responses.

I agree with the previous poster that said it is the little things...he notices chores that need to be done and DOES them, he is an awesome cook (I like to cook, but I am happy to be his helper)...I guess I could go on and on but I won't bore you with the details.

Bottom line, even though I love the grandiose romantic gestures, it is really those little things that I appreciate every day that are the bestest. (Love you, Mr. D)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Every day, he's loving, affectionate, and supportive. He keeps the romance going (we've been married almost 13 years.) It's hard to pick out the best things, because there are just so many of them. :heart:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    When we were dating he lived about 90 mins away. With work and school he only came down on Saturday mornings after work and stayed for 2 nights. It was torture and we looked forward to Saturday Morning for months!

One Friday night I came home from the store to him sitting on my couch. He picked up some beer, hid his car in my detached garage and used my spare key to get in. I was so surprised and happy to see him that I cried.

He bakes me delicious snacks all the time too. Kills my diet though!
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oh, wait! I've got one!
    Last Valentine's day, he presented me with one of those big heart-shaped boxes. I sighed, thinking "Well, there goes my hard workout this morning!" I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to chocolate.
    But when I opened it up, where the chocolates would have been, there were a bunch of little folded hand-written love notes and rose petals. Underneath it all were flower seeds for us to plant together.
    (When I asked what he had done with all those chocolates, he said he divided them up among the children. We have six, and are expecting our 7th around Christmas.)
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    He believes in me, even when I don't. He was so confident that we were destined to be together that he packed up his belongings and moved 1000 miles north (from Texas to Ohio) to marry me. I'm in awe of him.
  • laurin2010
    Options
    Right after I had my son my Justin went to get our new baby boy and bring him into our room to stay with us. Biggest surprise ever was he had tied a blue ribbon around Braxtons wrist with a ring attached to it and proposed! This was by far the most memorable moment I will cheerish forever!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    It rhymes with "Flow Mob".
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Last night he was teaching our 3YO how to massage mommy's back. It was the sweetest moment I have had with my family in a while. We've given our son massages since he was a baby, and last night he said "now give me some and let me rub yours mama" so my husband said, "let's do it together, bud, and mama feel really good."

It was sweet, sweet, to see that little face lean over and say "does that feel good, mama?"
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Gave me three amazingly awesome and beautiful children.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a dozen velvet roses on Valentines day, and proposed to me with a three stone ring with turquoise stone in the middle. He did it over Skype, because he's on his deployment. He also sent a genie lamp and a elephant holding a rose.... Elephants are my favorite and I collect them. I love him so much! :blushing:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    He accepts and truly loves me for me and that is the greatest gift I could ever asked for.
  • CF4L
    CF4L Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This thread just caused me to order flowers and chocolate dipped strawberries to be delivered to my wife next week at work for no other reason than 'just because' :)

The flowers are being delivered on Tuesday and the chocolate strawberries the next day