Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Or any other dumb thread.

then how are we still friends???

You know which threads I am referring to, don't play stupid.

oh THOSE ones...
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    no real workouts
    nothing posted except completion of diary
    copy-pasting 'wtg' on 400 people's statuses every day regardless of what the status says.
    gay bashing
    all whining and complaining with no action
    different life views that would clash often
    a 'the world owes me' attitude
    refusal to try new things
    a firm belief that they are a unique and special snowflake and eating right and exercising wont work for them.

Well although I find myself to be a unique and special snowflake Eating Right and Exercising Works for me!

With that said...

I delete for inactivity, being far too whiny for my taste, Creepy creepers, and of course people that just plain annoy me.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    i usually delete if they wont show me their bewbs..

You don't want to see my boobs.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options

I do....
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I never delete people. I guess I just don't care. If they are not active, I won't notice so it doesn't bother me
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options

idk.. are they girlie or manly? if they are girlie.. i can close me eyes..
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My list will get trimmed for a similar one to most, not logging in for over a month, there are exceptions to this rule, I have a number of Mums on my list so School vacations have taken up their time also I will send them messages to see if they are alright.

I do accept people with ED or trying to recover from one, I will go the extra mile to try and help if I can. If they don't appear to be trying or a least listening to advice given I will send messages to try that way, if still no change then bye bye.

No interaction on their part, as others have said I am here to get healthy and lose weight so I like a pat on the back every now and again too.

So far I haven't had any other of the problems that some have listed here, so will keep my fingers crossed that I don't :happy:

I also try to keep a small group, the guys and gals on my FL are a great group.

Andy
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    "no real work outs" I typically don't log many of my work outs.

How do you guys go about supporting other people? (I'm new to this site) After reading this thread, perhaps it's best
    if I don't make any more friends.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    My list got way too big, I couldn't keep up. Many people never talked to me so eventually I deleted them.
    I also delete after a long period of inactivity.
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I delete people who delete other people for any reason. Or people who talk about why they delete people. I also delete for migraines, too chatty, head-lice, constipation, yellow teeth, irritable bowel syndrome, excessive flatulence, urinary track infections, lack of toe nail cutting, women who shave their hoo-hee and those with casualness towards general hygiene. I've also deleted for being members of Al Qaeda, Hamas or other terrorist organizations or people who just like to blow *kitten* up for no reason. I've deleted and will delete anyone too political, too religious, too opinionated, too sensual, too sexual, too apathetic, someone who is easily over-excited, too encouraging, too discouraging, too whiny, too quiet, too general and too explicit. Also bad grammar, GONE! If you've ever deleted anyone for bad grammar, you're gone too. If you don't eat donuts, gone. If you've ever deleted someone else for eating a donut, GONE! I will delete anyone who uses the words: journey or process in regards to weight loss. Finally and most importantly, I will delete you for lacking a sense of humor......oh.....and DON'T show me your bewbs, I will delete you for that.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I delete people who delete other people for any reason. Or people who talk about why they delete people. I also delete for migraines, too chatty, head-lice, constipation, yellow teeth, irritable bowel syndrome, excessive flatulence, urinary track infections, lack of toe nail cutting, women who shave their hoo-hee and those with casualness towards general hygiene. I've also deleted for being members of Al Qaeda, Hamas or other terrorist organizations or people who just like to blow *kitten* up for no reason. I've deleted and will delete anyone too political, too religious, too opinionated, too sensual, too sexual, too apathetic, someone who is easily over-excited, too encouraging, too discouraging, too whiny, too quiet, too general and too explicit. Also bad grammar, GONE! If you've ever deleted anyone for bad grammar, you're gone too. If you don't eat donuts, gone. If you've ever deleted someone else for eating a donut, GONE! I will delete anyone who uses the words: journey or process in regards to weight loss. Finally and most importantly, I will delete you for lacking a sense of humor......oh.....and DON'T show me your bewbs, I will delete you for that.

ROTFL...ohhhh I'm so glad we're friends!!!!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options

see someone else that doesnt take kindly to not being shown the goods..
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    What reasons do you delete friends on MFP? I like to keep a small group so I can easily support, motivate and get to know people. Here are some reasons why I have deleted:

1. Not logging in consistently. Long gaps in activity.
    2. No communication. I don't expect daily; but some is necessary.
    3. Bashing on other people. I can take it if you bash on me; but don't knock other people (I'm protective like that).

I think that's about it. This was prompted because I deleted someone and she asked me why. She had constant gaps in her log ins. She would frequently go weeks at a time w/o activity.

*checks to see if you deleted me* nope - phewf!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Oh also... people who post in the "Tell me Im pretty thread"

Post TOM threads

People who post "Does sex count as exercise"

do threads about 'which dumbbell is for the right and left hand' count?
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

I was good until you mentioned Al-Qaeda. Guess this is goodbye! :(
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if you don't login for 7 days, i delete you.

or you're an idiot.

or i hate your posts.
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    when they tell me theyre knocked up with my child

ahahahahahahaha....oh jeez

Inactivity mostly. My FL is pretty small in comparison to some of my other pals.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    i had a total freak out last week, after a bunch of drama (partially self-inflicted), and i cut nearly 100 people. I've worked through it, and hope i've learned enough from it that i don't go through that again!

other wise, just the usual reasons - lack of activity or interaction is probably the most common for me.

I hate to admit this...but I had a freak out too. Must've been a full moon! I actually deleted my entire friends list...which takes an *kitten* load of time!!! Rebuilding it now but boy does it take time!
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Why did I delete you? Because your status updates are annoying and I f***ing hate your face!

:tongue:

(Saw that somewhere...think it was someecards.com or yourecards.com. It made me LOL)
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Oh also... people who post in the "Tell me Im pretty thread"

Post TOM threads

People who post "Does sex count as exercise"

OMG the TOM posts drive me nuts! Seriously? TOM has been around since you were about 13...learn to deal with it!

Does sex count? Ummmm...did you wear an HRM?

I'm also not a fan of the housework and cooking calorie burns!!!