Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Have you had any chocolate lately? :)

Replies

• KlaMorgan
    KlaMorgan Posts: 72 Member
    dont deprive yourself.. i love, love, love chocolate. i eat snackwells fudge drizzled popcorn (130 cal & 3g fat).. so good!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Everyday! I run an extra mile so I can eat chocolate <3
  • emmab_73
    emmab_73 Posts: 33 Member
    I have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate a few times a week. You're not doing yourself any favours by denying yourself certain foods, because one day you're going to snap and then binge. I buy the large (250g) Cadbury's Fruit & Nut Dark or the Lindt Excellent Dark bars, and will have 2 squares. Because it's dark chocolate, it's rich. And because it's good quality chocolate, you get immense flavour in a small piece. As long as you count it, you're fine. Just remember, keep everything within healthy portions, and you won't have to do without. Have a great weekend!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Chocolate isn't bad for you...
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Haven't had chocolate in probably two months, maybe more.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    If you eat a giant, zillion-calorie hunk of chocolate, then it's a zillion calories. Otherwise, you can eat smaller portions of chocolate any time you like, as long as it fits into your total calories for the day. I eat a little dark chocolate every now and then. Would suck to live entirely without it.
  • emmab_73
    emmab_73 Posts: 33 Member
    Moderation is the key - i was doing some chocolate everyday, but my lactose intolerance raised it's ugly head ... so now I need to watch my milk intake.

But don't "punish" yourself - if you want a treat, go for it, but keep the amount correct for your cals and log it - no cheating. Remember, you are trying to learn how to eat right, but also not make yourself miserable.

I hear your pain my friend...since being on Metformin for PCOS, I've developed a lactose intolerance. I find that dark chocolate doesn't have any negative effect on me. I hope you're still able to enjoy some chocolate! Happy Weekend!
  • elijhasmomma
    elijhasmomma Posts: 270 Member
    Almost EVERY Day! Check these out... 110 calories for 13 of these chocolate beauties:

http://www.missmeringue.com/Minis--Chocolate/p/MER-051902&c=MissMeringue@Minis

And, from the work cafeteria: 8oz carton of Hood Fat Free Chocolate Milk = Calcium, no-fat protein and chocolate yumminess! I think about 120 calories.

bookmarked!! :love: :smooched:
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    I think the last time I went an entire day without chocolate was in February when I had food poisoning :laugh:
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    I had two homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies last night!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Guilty - had some about an hour ago but in my defence it's all been accounted for so shouldn't make any difference... :)
  • I have dark chocolate consistently. It just depends how much you are having. I keep dark chocolate chips in my freezer and either have a few or sprinkle some in yogurt. :)
  • dwarfstarzero
    dwarfstarzero Posts: 14 Member
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/6-health-benefits-of-dark-chocolate.html#b

A little bit of dark chocolate is actually good for you, just all things in mad moderation. I've also read a study that dark chocolate can actually stimulate digestion, so it may assist in your weight loss endeavors. I usually buy the fresh and easy dark chocolate bars, they come in a three pack, and if you eat just half a bar, it's only 105 calories. Also, if you freeze your chocolate, it makes you eat it more slowly, so you get satiated at a better rate.
  • hmarean
    hmarean Posts: 15
    To get my fix I eat chocolate granola bars like Nature Valley Dark Chocolate yummm!

This! I do the same!
  • I eat fiber one brownies 90 calories or Speciial K choc pastries 100 calories
  • furby1
    furby1 Posts: 114 Member
    I enjoy Minstrel chocolates and always have a packet at home. Each one is approx 15 cals, so if i have the urge i just have 1 or 2 and i do log them. I do have to hide them when my sister visits as she cannot have chocolate around and not eat it....guess i'm very fortunate in that while i do enjoy chocolate I can easily limit it.....but don't let me near a box of pringles crisps especially the salt and vinegar type......i'd bite your hand of to get them!....LOL
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    not daily...but often. My biggest thing in the hot weather was ice cream. So I got mini ice cream bars, and I had one daily...or a fruit popsicle ( I was finding huge bits of strawberry in the strawberry one!)

yesterday I bought 3 snickers PB squared bars, and 2 packs of hershey's simple pleasures. I was a good girl and only ate 1 snickers square, and the rest went in the fridge for another day
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Yup, every day :smile:

Dark chocolate, milk chocolate (yesterday) and today will be a carob coated 9 bar.... nom

Oh and chocolate nut protein shakes too (I have a very sweet tooth)
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    I eat dark chocolate every single day! :)
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    2 squares of Hershey's 60% dark Chocolate right before I goto sleep every night =)