Which "bad food" are you thankful you don't enjoy?

Options

Replies

• Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    sweet tea...i dont understand how anyone that is not a kid can like that stuff.

3 pages in to the comments, and here is the first one I totally agree with! I love me some sugar and tea separately, but could not handle sweet tea.

Otherwise, this thread is making me hungry...:huh:

I've mostly found sweet tea to be a regional thing. I was born and raised in the south and sweet tea was a drink that was always offered. When I go up north to visit family, they look at me like I've asked for a tall glass of warm urine when I ask for sweet tea.

That said, I don't like bacon. I don't 'hate' it, but the smell of it certainly doesn't make my mouth water, unlike my boyfriend. I'm also not a big fan of donuts, potato chips, and most packaged pastries.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Pies, cake, and pastries.
  • kaajay
    kaajay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of apple pie. Or potato chips.

My friend looked at me the other day and asked me if I am really American.

Also, whipped cream.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Pizza....I dont see what everyone is so in love with...My kid would eat it 3 times a day if I let him!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, burgers, hotdogs, fried foods, alcohol, heavy sauces, mayonnaise, soda, nutella, indian food.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I don't like mayonnaise! Its gross.
    I used to drink pop/ soda regularly, and I did like it. But I have quit drinking it and don't even miss it!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and nutella....NASTY! Bleeeccchhh! :sick:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I hate mayo and any type of salad consisting of mayo. Yuuucccck. But for some reason I can tolerate chipotle mayo. I guess my love for spice outweighs my hate for mayo.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Pizza....I dont see what everyone is so in love with...My kid would eat it 3 times a day if I let him!

So Would I..

YUM YUM YUM
  • TheBraveryLover
    Options
    lol@ the people saying cheese. Cheese is not a "bad" or bad food. It falls under the healthy category.

Just saying.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Pop, alcohol and cake. So, pretty much anything at a birthday party, I guess.
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not a food, but... soft drinks. I don't like their taste, and I don't like the way they make my teeth feel. It's like... grimy or something? So I've always preferred diet cokes, because splenda doesn't do it.

But more than that, I love mineral water. If I'm drinking something carbonated, it's mineral water. Which means I don't struggle with hundreds of empty calories the way people like my mom do.
  • TheBraveryLover
    Options
    i love how a lot of what people list aren't even bad for you
    This, seriously. I, mean, come on. Are people seriously naming meat as a "bad food"?
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Packaged snack cakes, Blech! I'm also not a fan of marshmallow or foods with marshmallow...well except rice crispy treats. I like those.
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I don't like cake, frosting, jelly beans or any other sugary candy that kids generally like (ex: rockets, Skilles, Sweet Tarts, etc). I hate sweet drinks like Kool-Aid or Tang and even sports drinks like Gatorade.
  • MommyLyssa
    MommyLyssa Posts: 134
    Options
    Soda is my number one. If I do drink it (maybe once a year) I have to do this awful, awkward swishy thing in my mouth to get all the carbonation out. If I swallow it I want to cry. LOL
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Regular coca cola, cake, frosting, twinkies, potato salad with all that mayo...eww.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    sweet tea...i dont understand how anyone that is not a kid can like that stuff.

3 pages in to the comments, and here is the first one I totally agree with! I love me some sugar and tea separately, but could not handle sweet tea.

Otherwise, this thread is making me hungry...:huh:

I've mostly found sweet tea to be a regional thing. I was born and raised in the south and sweet tea was a drink that was always offered. When I go up north to visit family, they look at me like I've asked for a tall glass of warm urine when I ask for sweet tea.

Yeah, it is definitely regional. I'm from the North West but I lived in North Carolina for a year and a half, and have traveled to the SE for business quite a bit. I learned quickly to ask for "unsweet" tea specifically. I felt like they were looking at me with that same look when I asked for the unleaded version!
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i love how a lot of what people list aren't even bad for you
    This, seriously. I, mean, come on. Are people seriously naming meat as a "bad food"?

The people who are probably have health problems they don't even know of r/t nutrient deficiencies. So just shhhhhh and giggle to yourself, because *singsongvoice* you know something theyyyyyyy don't. Haha.
  • gigglebunny1
    Options
    I hate mayonnaise. I'm amazed to see so many other people don't like it. Growing up people acted like my siblings and I had done in Santa Clause by not liking the food. Even had a great aunt who tried to fool us into eating it :frown: :noway: . It didn't work; we knew immediately that the dreaded stuff was in the dish. Yuck!

I also dislike all salad dressings (Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, Italian, Ranch, etc.) except for one (a certain French type), which I sometimes use a small amount of. When in restaurants I order my salads without dressing and occasionally ask for a couple of lemons to spritz the salad. Love lemon juice and/or lime juice on salad. YUM!