"Eat More To Weigh More"

Options

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Didn't work for me either! But then, maybe I was doing it wrong. Is there a wrong way to eat more? Probably. I'm sure some helpful and polite person will enlighten me soon enough... *waits*

check out my video "eat more to weigh less" on youtube http://www.youtube.com/jaymebales83
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    arguing.jpg
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Who cares what this guy says!? He will be on here crying in 2 months from now because he hit a PLATEAU on his DIET!!!! Then we will be able to introduce him to the real way of taking on this journey! :drinker: cheers!
  • Rizabees
    Rizabees Posts: 80
    Options
    depends on how much more you're eating :> but ok
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    70% diet . . . . .30% exercise=success
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Dang it!! You mean I have been doing it wrong the last 3 years!! Crap..... Well to late now might as well stay the course and keep Eating more to weigh less........... If only I knew...... Crap Crap Crap!!! :drinker:

Ed you rock!!!! :smile:
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I eat more, of course more heathlier food choices.

I eat around 2000 calories a day, I am 5'3" went from a size 10 to a size 4. Eating to my TDEE worked for me and I feel so much better.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat more, of course more heathlier food choices.

I eat around 2000 calories a day, I am 5'3" went from a size 10 to a size 4. Eating to my TDEE worked for me and I feel so much better.

Love this!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Congratulations on your success !! I am 5'1 You are an inspiration! I eat 1800 a day and am losing steadily. i will eat between 2000 and 2100 to maintain when im done losing!

:drinker:
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can see how it may help you to lose weight faster... and easier (since you won't be starving all the time), but if you are in a caloric deficit (large or small) you are going to lose weight. It's just that some of it is going to be more muscle if you go with a larger deficit. I don't see how you can eat 1200 cal/day and not lose weight, but lose weight at 1500 cal/day. I say this because the anorexics lose weight exercising hours/day and eating often even less than 100 cal/day. The people on Biggest Loser exercise a ton and they also don't eat nearly enough and they lose weight quite quickly! Of course there are healthier ways to lose weight (IE: slowly by eating more), but you will still lose weight even if you net less than 1200 cal/day. It's just going to be not as healthy and you will most likely lose more muscle! I do also choose to eat more though!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Dang it!! You mean I have been doing it wrong the last 3 years!! Crap..... Well to late now might as well stay the course and keep Eating more to weigh less........... If only I knew...... Crap Crap Crap!!! :drinker:

HELLO......It takes 4500+ calories per day to maintain a body weight of 500+ lbs...are you saying that you continued to eat more than 4500 calories or are you saying that you dropped your calorie consumption below 4500 calories per day? If you dropped your calorie consumption below 4500 calories per day...then YOU DID NOT EAT MORE TO WEIGH LESS than 500lbs!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I hate this argument... -_0 it's annoying. & consistent in controversy as well everyone always manages to come up with opposing research frm both ends.. Seriously? .. I eat moderately healthy add in a lot of raw foods eliminated soda & take in on avg 800/900 cals a day. 1000/1100 maybe twice a week. & I'm never starving I always eat when I'm hungry no matter what time of the day/night. Sometimes I have a lg breakfast sometimes a large dinner. Sometimes I'm low carb sometimes all I eat is carbs. I take my vitamins, eat healthy, excercise, & cut out soda. If I still drank my pop I'd be well over my 1200 calories even with excercise. -this works for me. I try not to get hung up on mottos or what works for everyone else. I once read a post by someone who said it pretty simply... " your on a diet now and your counting you calories now to see where you messed up, not to obsess over it " . Soda was my downfall & I wouldn't add it bak in just to make 1200 calories.. No thank q❤
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    i tried to lose on 1200 calories a day. a full month of no loss. i upped it to 1500 calories and lost 30lbs in 3 months.

SO eat more=weigh less. *shrugs*
    I wasn't losing anything on 1500. Now I eat between 1000-1200 every day and have lost 9lbs in a little over a month and a half. I suppose there is no right way of doing it and experimenting with your diet is key to finding what works best for you.

Dang you and your common sense approach! :bigsmile:
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

In short... Yes. You could have done it in 2!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Who cares what this guy says!? He will be on here crying in 2 months from now because he hit a PLATEAU on his DIET!!!! Then we will be able to introduce him to the real way of taking on this journey! :drinker: cheers!

no plateau, just running strong. But thanks for hoping for me to fail! <3

Edit: In 2 months, I'll just about be at my goal. For the record...
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Ive lost 16 pounds EATING MORE TO WEIGH LESS! in 76 days so far. You are obviously Uninformed. I just feel so sorry for people like you. Go ahead continue to be hungry. Lose your weight and muscle. Gain it all back and you will!! When you do, come back to these forums, actually take the time to do your research. Read what Eat more to Weigh Less is actually about. Then you can lose weight the right way and keep it off. Till then STARVE

I'm not starving, nor hungry. I feel full of both food AND energy. I've read the EMTWL, tried it, and found it only dampened my progress.
  • alexsis88
    alexsis88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Its a pretty simple concept. You ea at least your BMR to survive and less than your TDEE to lose weight. And if u eat less than what your body needs to survive you might lose weight but after. fee weeks u will feel hungry and your body will go into starvation mode and store fat. Every person I know that did the hcg diet lost weight and gained it back in 6 months and then some! Good luck to all you ladies and gents in this battle. When it comes down to it you just gotta find your own balance and make a healthier lifestyle change. For me I have to eat a minimum of 1500 otherwise I feel like im starving and will binge. Took a month or so to figure out whats best for me. But I believe in eating more to weigh less!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Its a pretty simple concept. You ea at least your BMR to survive and less than your TDEE to lose weight. And if u eat less than what your body needs to survive you might lose weight but after. fee weeks u will feel hungry and your body will go into starvation mode and store fat. Every person I know that did the hcg diet lost weight and gained it back in 6 months and then some! Good luck to all you ladies and gents in this battle. When it comes down to it you just gotta find your own balance and make a healthier lifestyle change. For me I have to eat a minimum of 1500 otherwise I feel like im starving and will binge. Took a month or so to figure out whats best for me. But I believe in eating more to weigh less!

Starvation mode doesn't store fat. All it refers to is the body reducing it's operating level to exist on lower calories. It is experienced when you have massive margins for prolonged periods of time. People have twisted it's meaning. If you're just losing 2lbs a week, it's a non-issue.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    bump!
  • alexsis88
    Options
    I was told by a doctor and.have read in health books that your body is storing fat cells when you hit starvation mode and then your muscles start withering away. Its like you do lose weight but its water and muscle then you will be.flabby skinny.
  • alexsis88
    Options
    Then your metabolism slows waaaayyyy down which is why a majority of people only need 1200 calories a day to survive because their metabolism is so slow.