"Eat More To Weigh More"

Options

Replies

• diabetus
    Options
    Personally it has worked for me in the past but I have to say, Wow! Some posters just need to chill the f^&% out... For one, the OP is just expressing how they are obviously frustrated about how something does not work for them. This is supposed to be a place people can go for help and other advice, not a bunch of critical freaks who get personally offended by the fact what works for them doesnt for another, just because someone doesnt agree with you (or you dont like what they say) does NOT give anyone the right to cut someone else down here. Try motivating instead >:P Shame on you people. You are "obviously uninformed" that this is a website for helping others and support. Not be a self righteous piece of crap trying to sound smarter than someone over a keyboard : /
  • diabetus
    Options
    First off, the OP is obviously either trolling OR just did it wrong.

The concept of eat more to weigh less doesn't mean stuff yourself and think you'll lose weight. It involves two things.

One, eating small meals MORE in the day. So instead of your 3 big meals, you break them down to smaller meals and eat 6 a day. Key word, SMALL meals. Not your normal sandwich, soup, and other junk. Maybe JUST a half sandwich, or JUST your soup, then eat something small again later.

Second thing it depends on is your choices of what you're eating. Eat MORE good food, whole food, fruits and veggies. Not chips, cookies, and pizza. Otherwise, yea, you'll gain weight.

Eating 6 small meals a day is beneficial because it assists your metabolism in being active through out the day rather then in spurts. But just be smart... if it's bad for you, it's bad. Don't eat it. If it's good for you and you're hungry, eat it till you're satisfied. Not full. There's no secret... eating to a better life style is just common sense.

This is what I did in the past and it worked very well for me. Getting pregnant was a huge change and also changed the way I ate LOL, but it is what I am trying to get back on track to do. So to OP I'm not sure how you tried this out but this has worked for me. I also STRETCHED EVERYDAY, that is nice because you get rid of some stress while stretching. Certainly not everything will work for everyone the same way, we are all different, but you can try other things that may work. If you want to ad me I can tell you more how I lost 30lbs in a few months by just eating better foods and smaller meals more often :) Pre pregnancy of course.
  • diabetus
    Options
    All I have to say about this chit-chat fun and games is...

dung bucket, crab basket, poop container

HAHAHA I had to say those out loud IRL LMFAO!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options

The concept of eat more to weigh less doesn't mean stuff yourself and think you'll lose weight. It involves two things.

One, eating small meals MORE in the day. So instead of your 3 big meals, you break them down to smaller meals and eat 6 a day. Key word, SMALL meals. Not your normal sandwich, soup, and other junk. Maybe JUST a half sandwich, or JUST your soup, then eat something small again later.

Second thing it depends on is your choices of what you're eating. Eat MORE good food, whole food, fruits and veggies. Not chips, cookies, and pizza. Otherwise, yea, you'll gain weight.

Eating 6 small meals a day is beneficial because it assists your metabolism in being active through out the day rather then in spurts. But just be smart... if it's bad for you, it's bad. Don't eat it. If it's good for you and you're hungry, eat it till you're satisfied. Not full. There's no secret... eating to a better life style is just common sense.

This is what I did in the past and it worked very well for me. Getting pregnant was a huge change and also changed the way I ate LOL, but it is what I am trying to get back on track to do. So to OP I'm not sure how you tried this out but this has worked for me. I also STRETCHED EVERYDAY, that is nice because you get rid of some stress while stretching. Certainly not everything will work for everyone the same way, we are all different, but you can try other things that may work. If you want to ad me I can tell you more how I lost 30lbs in a few months by just eating better foods and smaller meals more often :) Pre pregnancy of course.

Gee...you sound just like one of those "know it all" posters that you were so critical of...OP should be able to express his opinion about this subject just as well as you. JUST BECAUSE IT (EM2LM) WORKED FOR YOU...DOES NOT MAKE IT GOSPEL!
  • diabetus
    Options

Gee...you sound just like one of those "know it all" posters that you were so critical of...OP should be able to express his opinion about this subject just as well as you. JUST BECAUSE IT (EM2LM) WORKED FOR YOU...DOES NOT MAKE IT GOSPEL!

Uh.. DUH! LMAO at you! You just said what I posted previously. Next time read things more thoroughly BEFORE you sign your name. Thanks for agreeing though. It was a nice try :P
  • fat214
    fat214 Posts: 109
    Options
    bump
  • FitNWise
    FitNWise Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • jenniferstanton
    jenniferstanton Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later

Not worth your time!
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later

Not worth your time!
    My cat "eats more to weigh less"....
    Squishy.jpg
  • jenniferstanton
    Options
    Bump to read later

Not worth your time!
    Squishy.jpg

Would love to see an actual picture of you and see your stats. You seem to like to cause trouble on this website!
  • diabetus
    Options
    Bump to read later

Not worth your time!
    Squishy.jpg

Its not worth time's time :D If that is your cat HOW CYUUUUTE >^.,.^<
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Bump to read later

Not worth your time!
    Squishy.jpg

Its not worth time's time :D If that is your cat HOW CYUUUUTE >^.,.^<

He is my cat! I love him so much. He gobbles like a turkey when you shake the treat jar.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Would love to see an actual picture of you and see your stats. You seem to like to cause trouble on this website!

I'm in chit-chat and I'm chit-chatting. Hardly what I consider to be "trouble."

My stats? So far I'm 38lbs down.

Edit: I'd also like to see your picture and stats instead of negative comments.
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    popcornmoss.gif
    Love LOVE this show! Now Imma go get on Netflix and watch the one where Jen takes up smoking. That episode made me cry I was laughing so hard. :laugh:

My two cents:
    Eat more to weigh less is a misnomer, akin to everyones' favourite: muscle weighs more than fat. You know what it means, and I know what it means, but it doesn't actually mean what it says. Muscle is denser, therefore weighs more in less space. EMTWL requires eating more than just the bare minimum (but less than you used to) in order to lose weight (while not coming across like a lethargic b---- to everyone you meet.
  • jenniferstanton
    Options

Sure! I'll do it after I re-read this "positive" thread you started...
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options

Sure! I'll do it after I re-read this "positive" thread you started...

A post isn't negative just because you disagree with it. But it's okay, I still love you.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sadly, my extensive research on the topic, using myself as the guinea pig, shows OP to be correct. I eat more, I weigh more.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Eat more than your BMR and below your TDEE. As long as you are below the TDEE then the weigh more does not apply.
    I don't like it so much as these calculated numbers are such estimates. I swear my metabolism and TDEE is actually much lower than the website calculators say. I have been following the 20% below TDEE since January and since then have only lost 7 lbs.
    So I'm jumping off the EM2WL band wagon and am eating a bit below my supposed BMR now.
  • armishia
    armishia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did 1200 first then went up to 1500 and I lost 6.6 pounds in 2 weeks.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Strangely, when I reduced the amount of calories I consumed on a daily/ weekly basis I began to lose weight. Obviously, starvation diets don't work long term, but seriously people:

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT! NO ONE THING WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE!

You're welcome.