Horrifying Experience - warning...gross!

Options

Replies

• PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    o........................m...........................g.........................
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    omg last week fricking opened trash can BAM maggots ..i let that big boy sit on curb till those suckers was sundried.....days and days...i totally understand where your coming from
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an episode of fear factor..

I'm with you though, that would be HORRIBLE! I'm sorry!
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! Worst experience EVER!!! I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Oh man.... It's like straight out of a horror film!!!
    I am so sorry that happened to you! D:
  • clintbritt3
    Options
    That's terrible, I'm so sorry!!!!!! I'm so scared of any creepy crawly thing!!!! Just reading that post kinda ruined my appetite, which it's ruined pretty easily by stuff like that.... yuck!!!!!!!!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    when i went camping last weekend i forgot to take out the compost pail in my kitchen. my boyfriend went to put some scraps in it and it was literally filled with maggots. he said he was gagging for 2 hours. i scrubbed all the little dead larvae off the filters. sigh. this happens occasionally when it's hot and i forget to take it out.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Omg, I'm horrified just reading it and feel like I have bugs on me. Gross. Especially the spider part. Nothing worse than spiders in my book. Can't even kill them, I'm frozen dead to the spot, can't scream, can't move, nothing when I see one. I hope you get over your trauma soon!

PS I wouldn't be eating any time soon after that either. *shivers*
  • RoseSweet
    Options
    Well that's pretty gross alright... maybe you could have softened it up a bit by saying;' 1000 baby flies...:bigsmile:
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    One time when I was back home in India about 10 years back I put on oven mitts (they hadn't been used in months because we never really used the microwave oven) to get something out of the microwave and about 20 cockroaches fell out of them all over me and some 10 of them flew everywhere including down my clothes. I screamed and screamed and cried and I dropped what I was holding, suffered some serious burns and some deep cuts from the broken glass vessel. Till today I cannot put on oven mits. I use bunched up kitchen towels or cloth napkins...
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    OMG, you poor thing ....... I absolutely hate bugs & slugs & creepy crawly things ....... feel better soon :drinker:
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I feel traumatized just reading about it Eeeeek!! :noway:

^^^ Kinda what I was thinking :huh: :sick:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I feel traumatized just reading about it Eeeeek!! :noway:

right me too
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    *Shudder* I may not sleep tonight.
  • Hmwarren84
    Hmwarren84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am not really bothered by spiders (according to statistics a spider is probably within 5 feet of you most of the time) and I also like reptiles. Mind you. if a spider is caught in my house, then it has a 50/50 shot at getting squished with a shoe or getting released back outside. But the maggots.. oh h*ll no! I would be freaking out as well! Here is to years of counseling! good luck!
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    aww you just need chickens! they LOVE maggots!

No more eating chicken for me!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Oh you poor thing! :noway: Make sure you log all the cardio you got while running and screaming. I'm sure your heart rate was up quite a bit too. :happy:
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would have done the same exact thing. I would not be able to eat or sleep for days.
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am not really bothered by spiders (according to statistics a spider is probably within 5 feet of you most of the time) and I also like reptiles. Mind you. if a spider is caught in my house, then it has a 50/50 shot at getting squished with a shoe or getting released back outside. But the maggots.. oh h*ll no! I would be freaking out as well! Here is to years of counseling! good luck!

I used to release them outside but they kept finding their way back in! Especially now that it's summer down here, they are EVERYWHERE(not even exaggerating) especially the venomous ones--black widows/brown widows and brown recluses--so if I see one, good or not, it's dead. Simple as that, I will spray it with clorox if i have to(which i had to the other day--long story)and watch it as it shrivels up and then I'll vacuum it just to make sure. I cannot take the risk of anyone else in my family getting bit(which i'll admit, is extremely rare) but nonetheless.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Omg! You poor thing. Can I burn your clothes and the umbrella for you?