Poll: Do you have Stretch marks?

Options
Hey guys, I'm Mitch. Damn, I hate having stretch marks even though I'm not fat. 6' 190lbs of raw bulky muscles.
I have stretch marks on my arms, all across my underarms!! Damn, I feel really ugly about it. I'm muscular but I'm afraid to take my shirt of cause of stretch marks...Gah. I mean what celebrity of magazine has ripped guys with stretch marks...I have it cause of weight lifting.... =(
How about you guys? Do you have em? What is your input on stretch marks? Do you think its ugly? Etc.
Thanks for your input. Love you all. Friend me if you want.

Replies

• funnymonkey13
    Options
    lol haha um that means ur ment to be much skinner lol but u can use cream or get them surgecly removed lol
  • lmlindseymarie
    Options
    I have them on my chest, hips, and inner thighs- they come about when your body grows faster than your skin can compensate. In my case, adolescence. While they won't go away FAST, mine have been reduced a TON by drinking a lot of water. Being properly hydrated allows your cells to reproduce at a faster rate and help to heal stretch marks. Again, this isn't a quick-fix, but if you are taking care of your body, you'll give it a chance to catch up with you.
  • MitchIsBeast
    Options
    Alright. Bump.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do, but from pregnancy. My son is 2years old now and they've pretty much faded. I can't nor my partner, really notice they are there.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    My husband is at the bottom of his weight range and even he has some stretch marks. Not sure if it came from a growth spurt in his teens or what but he has never been even chubby.

My body is covered with them from years of morbid obesity.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    I have some, although I've noticed that with sun and water, they definitely fade. Never underestimate the concealing powers of a good tan!
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I got stretch marks on my hips and thighs when I was a teen. I basically got my adult figure over the course of one summer, so even though I was at the lower end of the BMI scale the stretch marks had me convinced that I was fat.
  • tanfastics
    Options
    I have them from puberty, they are worst around my hips but i have heard that rubbing olive oil on them 3/4 times daily can help reduce them, and also body butter containing shea butter 3/4 times a day:)
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks on my hips and stomach from adolescence.. and then again from when I gained 50 lbs in a year. They're all white now and you can't see them from far away but it's still a little annoying. I have pretty much embraced them for now, finally wearing bikinis since I;m proud of my weight loss, those who don't wanna see my stretch marks can suck it.
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm covered in them.. I was 268 pounds and my skin apparently didn't like the extra weight it was carrying.. so I'm scarred for life.
  • drwgal
    drwgal Posts: 66
    Options
    My fiancee` has them, he is also 6'0 tall. He got his not from being over weight though, but from growing a few inches all at once back in high school. I also have a TON of tiger stripes! I got mine for giving birth to 5 beautiful and amazing children!

Be proud of your stripes! Their apart of you!
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Most stretch marks come from adolescence. Actually, I've never met anyone that didn't have 'em. If you don't, lucky you! As far as I'm concerned, they're not ugly at all. Just refer to them as your 'battle scars' and move on.
  • AShawneeF
    AShawneeF Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i never had them until this last year cause i gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time. really self consious about them, too. i feel kinda neutral about them on other people but on me i hate them.
  • Shanzstar
    Shanzstar Posts: 197
    Options
    Nivea firming lotion with Q10. I use it and it has done wonders for my stretch marks. I get the generic brand.
  • shanpwn
    shanpwn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yep. On my arms, boobs, thighs and stomach. I've had them since high school.
  • _AalexisA_
    _AalexisA_ Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yea but only from pregnancy 3 times
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't have them, but I know olive oil applied to the skin, and probably even more modern stuff, has helped a lot of people to reduce or get rid of them. Good luck!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Yes, all courtesy of my two babies :smile: I don't love them, but I don't hate them anymore either.
  • missworld95
    missworld95 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    On my thighs. I've learned to accept them.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Most men have them somewhere. It's totally normal, and I don't think it's unattractive. It's just part of being human.

Don't compare yourself to dudes in magazines. I'll wager most of those guys have a stretch mark or two, but photoshop takes it away before you see it.