Replies

• Mrbusterb
    Mrbusterb Posts: 114
    Options
    I normally weigh myself once a week
  • Megthatgirl
    Megthatgirl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning... It helps me keep myself accountable.
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I weigh everymorn but i only record my weight on friday morn at the same time and same conditions.
  • rblystone74
    Options
    I only weigh every two weeks. If I weigh once a week it becomes about trying to be less careful on certain days. This way I am just careful about my habits every day. Also, weighing every two weeks makes me always conscious of the fact that it's not about a magic number for me, even though it's good to keep track. It's about a healthy lifestyle change.
  • Valissa47
    Valissa47 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning before breakfast. It motivates me to continue when I see I've lost or haven't gained.
  • fleerik
    fleerik Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I used to do it once a week, but now I weigh myself everyday. It feel I am much more informed of my efforts and even with daily fluctuations I am feeling more motivated.
  • Chivas_regal_41
    Chivas_regal_41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself every morning, that way I can keep track of when my weight is starting to creep outside my target weight goals
  • shmuupie
    shmuupie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My physician husband suggests - After emptying your stomach in the morning when you head for your bath that is the time to weigh yourself (without clothes on) to know the exact weight.

I weigh myself every second day if not everyday.
  • mmk2988
    mmk2988 Posts: 43
    Options
    Once in 2 months
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every five days, or every time I feel something that used to be super-tight fitting again.
    Depends on what kind of mood I'm in.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same time every week. For me that's first thing on a Monday morning before I dive in the shower.

Scales are the very devil. I WISH I'd measured myself like MFP suggests at the outset. Still better late than never.

Each week the scales show a 1lb loss which is great, but where I get a real buzz is when I see those inches falling off.

Mavis
  • dalehall64
    dalehall64 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess I'm different here. I only weigh myself every other Monday. I like seeing results and when it's once every two weeks, I really see some.. I don't want to get discouraged by not seeing movement, so I don't get on it everyday.. One weigh in, I saw a 4 1/2 lb differenc e, the other a 5 lb diff. Next weigh in is next Monday.
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    I weigh myself at least weekly now, at the same time in the morning after getting out of bed, using the toilet and having a shower. My scales show BF% etc too which helps as weight isn't a great tool when also building muscle
  • Capekj51
    Capekj51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself after every trip to the bathroom, as the scale is right there and I figure after every trip I ought to be lighter. Realistically, I'm lightest after my first or second trip of the day, but I don't mind comparing as the day goes on. It's not what most people do, but it keeps me on track. :)
  • stuckinsecond
    Options
    Every morning. In the nud and before brekky. Although it's a good indicator, I never over analyse the results.... the body has so many mechanisms that fluctuate and weightloss is never a smooth downward slide. Use it as a guidance, dont get hung up about it :)
  • journeybegins
    journeybegins Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Every morning before shower. Suppose to give a more accurate read but some times I pick up something and hold it just to see if the thing changes. Two or three days in a row it will not change very depressing.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Everyday before work. My actual weigh-in day is Saturday though (around 9 or 10 am), has been since I started and it's served me well so far!
  • hugsmindy
    hugsmindy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Every morning, naked, after going to the bathroom and before I drink/eat anything. Helps me stay on track.
  • bomandi
    bomandi Posts: 1
    Options
    I weigh myself every 2 weeks on a proper scale at Boots Chemist at the same store (as some scales vary at other stores) at the same time of day. I find weighing myself every day or every other day is not as helpful as the 2 weekly weigh in as it keeps me motivated when I see the loss. Also my weigh naturally increases/decreases due to monthly cycles and muscle weight and I don't want to freak out if I am a pound heavier today than I was yesterday :)