Plus Size Self Esteem

Options

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there, why do people assume just because a person is heavyset, they are depressed with low self esteem? Believe it or not, there are gorgeous plus size people who give these skinny minnies a run for their money...Just don't get it...lol

If u r plus sized and happy with yourself....I feel sorry for you.

If you are a douche canoe and happy with yourself... I feel sorry for you.

Just the words PLUS SIZED offends me. Sorry I was the biggest fat azz around. I was 341lbs...If I was happy with myself Id still be obsese. WHy I feel sorry is that until you have a level of dissatisfaction with yourself you will never truly make progress.

As somebody else said, self esteem =/= complacent. I'm not complacent about being a fat *kitten*, but that also doesn't mean that I should just stay inside all the time because I'm so embarrassed by how I look. I have self esteem because I love myself, and because I love myself, I'm trying to make myself better.

WHo told you to stay inside? The point is to GET OUTSIDE and sweat. My point is dont tell yourseld being plus sized (fat) is ok. Its not.

and that's why we're all here. but being fat doesn't stop me from being awesome. b/c it's not 100% of who i am. it's not even 50% of who i am.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I wish I had as much self esteem as some of my plus size friends. They wear things that I wouldn't think for one second I could pull off (and I'm not tiny) but they can do it and make it look good, and what I like more is that they OWN it! I have never had enough confidence to OWN anything I wear, not once, not ever!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    I have the opposite of Body Dismorphic Disorder: I get dressed in the morning and think I look fantastic (like OP's avatar pic) and then I see pics someone took a few days later tagged on FB and I'm like "Gah, who is that cow...oh wait, that's ME?!?!"
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Just throwing this out there, why do people assume just because a person is heavyset, they are depressed with low self esteem? Believe it or not, there are gorgeous plus size people who give these skinny minnies a run for their money...Just don't get it...lol

I feel the same way about people who post corny threads and make the dumbest comments.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude and here are my thoughts on this whole sexy woman thing...

Sexy is not a size, shape, color, or piece of clothing.

Sexy is an inner attitude that is reflected outwardly to others.

It's an attitude that can be dialed up or down at will once you know how to use it.

And when you're using it right... you will be sexy and EVERYONE will know it!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I loved myself 60 pounds ago.
    I love myself today.
    I will love myself 5...10...20...40 pounds from now.
    And the love is exactly the same. And if I decided to stay the exact size I am today...that is just fine. Plus size and all :happy:
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    how about big guys?

I am the bomb.com lol
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options

I feel sorry for you every single day you visit the forums.

Awww so sweet.

LOLZ...did you ever find your 75th fr.....wait, excuse me, I forget you don't understand normal speak.

Did U ever find UR 75th frnd? After this thread, maybe U will B looking 4 a few more...
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand the thought process behind loving oneself but doing bad things to yourself by not being healthy. That is an oxymoron IMO. If one truly loved oneself, they would never get to the point of slowly killing themselves by not exercising and eating more bad foods than good.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I love who I am. With that being said, as I lose weight I love the energy I have. I love that i can walk up and down stairs without dreading it. I love that my super cute clothing look even better on me.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Good lord, This thread got ugly. :( love yourself.. plus sized or not! Im a size 16. i'm " plus sized".. I would be so offended if someone seriously came up to me and told me It's SAD that I love myself being that I am " plus sized".. that I am delusional for thinking so much of myself.

So offensive.. people seem to forget..we are all human beings.

Same here. I am a size 16 and I could kick my two best friend's *kitten* in a physical competition. One is a size 2 and the other a size 9. I've never seen either one do anything active besides eating out and drinking.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I would assume that yes you can still have self esteem and confidence!!

I just know for me, I didn't... and I do now!!!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    You should love yourself all the time, regardless of what you look like. Looks fade, weight fluctuates, gravity eventually takes its toll, but at the end of the day you still have yourself. I'd much rather someone describe be as funny, intelligent, brave, witty, KIND, than anything in regards to my looks. At the end of the day, if you just think I am pretty, you never really got to know me.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    . I have been "big-boned" my whole life, whatever you wanna call it. I've always been athletic, playing sofball, volleyball, riding horses, swimming, etc. I've always been HAPPY, and I was even one of those bullied kids. Even if I didn't care for my weight, I've never been depressed because of it. It didn't make me who I am. Just because you're big doesn't mean you're unhappy
  • Zangpakto
    Zangpakto Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Why is it so easy for plus sized people to offend "skinny minnies"? It's like it's okay for you to criticize thin people but, no one should dare ever say anything derogatory about plus sized people.

I find that troubling.

I agree 100%...

Disgusting those that are fatter can just come in and expect everyone to be ok with complaining about those who are small... Yet if I made a joke or anything it is mean... That isn't right.. Who gave the fatter people the right to be rude to skinny people and be fine with it, yet it isn't acceptable the other way around?

Pathetic really... If you want everyone to like you, don't push yourselves further from them and make them hate you for being a rude fat *kitten*! Simple as that....

Yes I might have been a bit.. blunt and to the point, but I am sick of the attitude people have not only on here but in the real world, when it is acceptable to tease me, but rude for me to tease back... like really? That is just wrong! wrong wrong wrong wrong!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand the thought process behind loving oneself but doing bad things to yourself by not being healthy. That is an oxymoron IMO. If one truly loved oneself, they would never get to the point of slowly killing themselves by not exercising and eating more bad foods than good.

Being plus sized doesn't always correlate with health, though. I know size 10's and 12's that look smaller than me (usually a 6-8 when not pregnant, 5'7")
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    One thing I can say, is when i am at my goal weight, I will not be sitting back, telling everyone else who is overweight how gross and sad they are as human beings.

I don't get how some people end up being that way.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    I was hoping by page 4 this thread would have evolved into a plus size lingerie/swimsuit pic fest.

Of course, it's never too late, ladies!

--P
  • melbot24
    melbot24 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It also goes the other way around..
    Just because you're fit, thin, in-shape, whatever you want to call it doesn't mean you're happy and secure with yourself.

If anything I've lost self-esteem along with my weight.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

I work out 6 days a week. I eat well by making healthy decisions when I cook and go out to eat. And I have lost a bunch of weight but I am still considered plus size. I think there is more to it....