"You would be STUNNING if you just lost some weight"

Options
Has anyone ever gotten this "compliment" before? Why am I not stunning now? :( Idk, it just hurts...like the only way I'll ever be desirable is if I'm skinny.

Replies

• ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I've been told that my whole life.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    yeah, as well as "you have such a pretty FACE". cuz the rest sucks? people need to stop talking about 20 seconds sooner.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on this one person. There are people out there that find you stunning now. There are also people who don't find you attractive at all. Everyone has different tastes. Some people are a little rude about their opinions but you have to deal with it.
  • KalikaRae
    KalikaRae Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Your beautiful now. If they gotta problem with it, tell them to shove it! Not to mention, todays idea of "beauty" for most people is ridiculous. Ive seen so called beautiful super models. Gross!!
  • poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    i feel like that my family is like that but u are pretty x
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I get the "you have a pretty face" compliment...but the rest of this comment is....too bad the rest sucks. I also get a lot of "you have such a wonderful perosnality". I hate those people, in those cases, they just need to keep their compliments to themselves.
  • ladyfingers73
    Options
    I get the "you have a pretty face" compliment...but the rest of this comment is....too bad the rest sucks. I also get a lot of "you have such a wonderful perosnality". I hate those people, in those cases, they just need to keep their compliments to themselves.

Girlfriend, a lot of people's personalities suck, so be glad you have a nice one! LOL I take pride in having a "wonderful personality". It's a loveable trait...run with it. :)
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have had that.
    As soon as i get the "you have such a pretty face" I usually reply with "And a massive ar$e, I know".
    Even my nan has said to me "You have such a beautiful face but you do need to lose some weight". I know she means it from the heart so I don't take it badly from her.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    OOoh yeah. I got this a lot. "You are too young/pretty to be so fat." "You have such a pretty face" "I wish you could lose the weight so you could get a good boyfriend." Gee, thanks Grandma for your support. Now she says she's jealous, even though I'm still a good 40 pounds away from my goal. And I met my boyfriend last year when I was less than half way to my goal sooo yeah. Some people don't think before flapping their jaw.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Years ago, a boyfriend said to me "You'd have a great figure if you lost some weight." I was too kind to say to him "And you'd be handsome if only you'd have a face transplant."
  • ladyfingers73
    Options
    Umm yeah...lol we call those a "double bagger"

I see guys on this board, amazing bodies..and well the face doesn't match...he needs a bag over his head...poor fella. It goes both ways.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    My own father said that to me years ago. He wasn't trying to be malicious, he just didn't think. It had it's effect though and that is unfortunately irreversible.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    hmmmm....i WOULD be stunning if i lost these last 40 lbs. simple fact
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Years ago, a boyfriend said to me "You'd have a great figure if you lost some weight." I was too kind to say to him "And you'd be handsome if only you'd have a face transplant."

Great comeback!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    "And you'd be handsome if only you'd have a face transplant."

FTW!
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I often think it I'll admit, but I never say it.

Women be too fragilE
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My own father said that to me years ago. He wasn't trying to be malicious, he just didn't think. It had it's effect though and that is unfortunately irreversible.

My mother said that too me too but tbh unlike most people here I am grateful for it. If that is how she felt ... I prefere to hear: " I love you, you are beautiful to me and always will but you should loose some weight." It is honest. and real. I prefer my loved ones to tell me the truth instead of pretty lies
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    yes... from my mother... a million times
  • nak726
    nak726 Posts: 2
    Options
    oh yeah and it hurts
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! My whole life... and comments like