How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Options

Replies

• walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring!!! Congratulations on all you have done. You look great!
    I like that this is a lifestyle change not a diet that is temporary. I'm going to work on lifting weights along with regular walking for exercise. Thanks for sharing!
  • amberleighM04
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

You look amazing! Way to go!
  • catintheshell
    Options
    you are incredible. what a fun post and such a great inspiration.

i hope all my friends on MFP who follow me will read this!
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Look at your butt! Looks amazing! yes, I was lookin'...can't help it. You look great, what an accomplishment!
  • beatoks
    beatoks Posts: 63
    Options
    well done, lovely post and thanks for sharing
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just adore the post race doughnut photo!!! lol... great stuff

loved this! thank you for sharing!
  • Amabuela
    Amabuela Posts: 24
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing.
  • miame22
    miame22 Posts: 16
    Options
    Congrats! So if my BMR is 1680, I need to eat under 1680 to lose weight( around 1400 calories)?I lift weights (2x a week with hubby) and do cardio a 4x a week.Eating the right amount of food is always the tricky part.

Appreciate any tips

I stopped measuring (as in cups, spoons, grams, ounces) my food.
    protein = the palm of my hand
    carb (complex not simple) = my fist - or 2 slices of sprouted bread
    veg = two open hands cupped together
    fruit = 1 piece 3 times a day (or for berries, cut up stuff like pineapple & watermelon I use 1 cupped hand)

Eat every 3 to 4 hours
    I aim for 60 to 90 grams of protein and track EVERYTHING.
    Lift weights, do cardio (intervals are great as they help you burn more while increasing strength)

Strong IS beautiful!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. You might be my new favorite person!! :smile:
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing it. I particularly loved this:

Keep muscle, lose fat, and you’ll reach your goal body before your goal weight.

Great photos and amazing work! Well done.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So if my BMR is 1680, I need to eat under 1680 to lose weight( around 1400 calories)?I lift weights (2x a week with hubby) and do cardio a 4x a week.Eating the right amount of food is always the tricky part.

You don't need to eat under your BMR. You need to eat under your TDEE, which is BMR *plus* your normal daily activity *plus* exercise.

My BMR is only around 1250-1300. I'm eating 1600 plus exercise calories to very slowly lose a little bit more (about one pound a month, if that). Maintenance for me is about 1750-1800 plus exercise calories, but I don't log on weekends.
  • taekwondomom1961
    taekwondomom1961 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks for the story.
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    You look fantabulous!! Amazing work, you should be very proud!
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    I love this!!! You look so amazing and I truly appreciate you sharing your story!!! I am so inspired by you and your pics!! If I may ask, how long/how many times per week were you doing weight lifting?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Now that I have a bench & weights at home (best investment ever, because I really hated driving to the gym), I typically lift 2-3 times a week, and between a half hour and an hour.

Ideally while watching Ellen. :laugh:
  • ACleverName
    ACleverName Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great post. A must read for all. Inspiring.
  • katierechgomez
    Options
    Wow!! That is just amazing!!! I am definitely going to start lifting now!!! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us and proving that our goals are within reach!! And I agree--screw the scale!!!! Heck if I had a body like you I wouldn't need a scale to tell me how good I looked!! Way to go and thanks again:)
  • kimama01
    kimama01 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being honest! This is the way that I'm doing it this time and it has made a big difference. I eat my calories and just watch my portions. You have done an awesome job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!