Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Replies

• walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    You are so inspiring!!! Congratulations on all you have done. You look great!
    I like that this is a lifestyle change not a diet that is temporary. I'm going to work on lifting weights along with regular walking for exercise. Thanks for sharing!
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

You look amazing! Way to go!
  • you are incredible. what a fun post and such a great inspiration.

i hope all my friends on MFP who follow me will read this!
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Look at your butt! Looks amazing! yes, I was lookin'...can't help it. You look great, what an accomplishment!
  • beatoks
    beatoks Posts: 63
    well done, lovely post and thanks for sharing
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    I just adore the post race doughnut photo!!! lol... great stuff

loved this! thank you for sharing!
  • Amabuela
    Amabuela Posts: 24
    Great story! Thanks for sharing.
  • miame22
    miame22 Posts: 16
    Congrats! So if my BMR is 1680, I need to eat under 1680 to lose weight( around 1400 calories)?I lift weights (2x a week with hubby) and do cardio a 4x a week.Eating the right amount of food is always the tricky part.

Appreciate any tips

I stopped measuring (as in cups, spoons, grams, ounces) my food.
    protein = the palm of my hand
    carb (complex not simple) = my fist - or 2 slices of sprouted bread
    veg = two open hands cupped together
    fruit = 1 piece 3 times a day (or for berries, cut up stuff like pineapple & watermelon I use 1 cupped hand)

Eat every 3 to 4 hours
    I aim for 60 to 90 grams of protein and track EVERYTHING.
    Lift weights, do cardio (intervals are great as they help you burn more while increasing strength)

Strong IS beautiful!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    You are awesome. You might be my new favorite person!! :smile:
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    What a wonderful post! Thank you so much for sharing it. I particularly loved this:

Keep muscle, lose fat, and you’ll reach your goal body before your goal weight.

Great photos and amazing work! Well done.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Well done! Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Congrats! So if my BMR is 1680, I need to eat under 1680 to lose weight( around 1400 calories)?I lift weights (2x a week with hubby) and do cardio a 4x a week.Eating the right amount of food is always the tricky part.

You don't need to eat under your BMR. You need to eat under your TDEE, which is BMR *plus* your normal daily activity *plus* exercise.

My BMR is only around 1250-1300. I'm eating 1600 plus exercise calories to very slowly lose a little bit more (about one pound a month, if that). Maintenance for me is about 1750-1800 plus exercise calories, but I don't log on weekends.
  • taekwondomom1961
    taekwondomom1961 Posts: 8 Member
    What an inspiration! Thanks for the story.
  • You look fantabulous!! Amazing work, you should be very proud!
  • I love this!!! You look so amazing and I truly appreciate you sharing your story!!! I am so inspired by you and your pics!! If I may ask, how long/how many times per week were you doing weight lifting?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Now that I have a bench & weights at home (best investment ever, because I really hated driving to the gym), I typically lift 2-3 times a week, and between a half hour and an hour.

Ideally while watching Ellen. :laugh:
  • ACleverName
    ACleverName Posts: 4 Member
    Great post. A must read for all. Inspiring.
  • Wow!! That is just amazing!!! I am definitely going to start lifting now!!! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us and proving that our goals are within reach!! And I agree--screw the scale!!!! Heck if I had a body like you I wouldn't need a scale to tell me how good I looked!! Way to go and thanks again:)
  • kimama01
    kimama01 Posts: 28 Member
    Great story!
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Thanks for being honest! This is the way that I'm doing it this time and it has made a big difference. I eat my calories and just watch my portions. You have done an awesome job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!