How Wrong I Was! 600 Days of MFP. Lotsa pics.

Options

Replies

• dante20
    dante20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Your story inspires me to do better.
  • patriciaannnorman
    Options
    Very inspiring.....and I needed that. I have been religious about keeping my calories as low as I could. When MFP said I should be eating 1230 calories, I would net under 1000 calories after exercise. I became obsessed with finding foods that had very little calories so I could keep that number low. I lost the first 4 weeks and then my weight loss ground to a halt. My boyfriend (and most supportive partner) bumped my calories up to 1400 and nags me when I don't eat them. I started losing again....however, this week I stepped on the scale and I had gained 2 lbs....TWO POUNDS IN ONE WEEK. How could this happen? I never go over my calories and I exercise several times a week, doing weights 3 times a week. He pulled my report and it showed that I averaged around 1200 calories a day. I still have a hard time believing it is the calories that made me gain. I just don't understand it. But your story gives me hope. I will try to stop obsessing over the numbers. Thank you and you look great!:smile:
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE RESULTS! Truly inspiring and really have me thinking!!!
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump to see picks as i can't on my work computer. Your story is really inspiring.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Great story. You look fantastic.

The nice thing about weight lifting, when done correctly, is that it can be a huge boost to self esteem. And this seems to be a major issue for many here.

With heavy weights, it's very objective: last week you could squat 140 lbs, this week you are squatting 145 pounds (for example). You see progress on something other than the scale, which can be quite fickle. Lots of small victories, step by step, each week. Which all add up to a stronger person, both physically and mentally.

I think the drawback with heavy weights is that too many people, mainly women (but not only women) are intimidated, especially with free weights. Too few trainers are qualified to assist, there's plenty of terrible advice available, the beginning of anything new can be quite difficult, and of course the misguided notion that women will bulk up like men and look less feminine (which your story clearly disproves).

--P
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    So amazing... You continue to inspire! ♥
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! It is just what I needed! I have been trying to lose weight for a long time but have been really struggling due to ill-health and have actually gained recently after doing well for a while. It's success stories like yours that stop me from giving up completely. I know it's going to be a tough road for me but I also know I will get there in the end, it is just going to take a very, very long time!

I also notice you were a similar shape and build to me. Nice and curvy! You look absolutely amazing now and you can really see how hard you have worked.

I guess it is back to the running and weights again for me.

I have 66lb to lose but am doing it in 10lb increments so I don't get too overwhelmed!

Thanks again, and congratulations on your amazing transformation :happy:
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say you have done amazing, I hope I look somewhere near as good when i am done!!!
    You are a perfect example of why heavy lifting and eating normally works more than starving yourself and doing no exercise :-)
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey - it is an inspiring story and gives me renewed determination. I used to have a much more active lifestyle but have been up and down for the past few years. I hope I can keep the committment you have clearly shown so that I can acheive my goals. You keep saying forget about the scale - I have had so many people say this lately, it is a hard thing to let go of, I am trying to (haven't weighed myself in about 10 days) - it used to be the only thing that you followed - it is that number that is so hard to get passed - it seems like if you can get that number to somewhere 'acceptable' for a woman my age and height then it will be better. But I know that isn't true - I know that it is more than that. Way back when I was a little bit younger and all I wanted was to tone things the number didn't matter to me, I knew what I wanted to look like and that was my goal but somewhere over the last 10 years it seems like that number has developed a hold on me, one that I am working desparately hard to release. I love what you have given as advice and I hope that I can use it to benefit me on this journey!
    Wish me luck and thanks for sharing!
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is a powerful story. Thank you for sharing...
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great story --results oriented to motivate anyone. Congratulations - you look fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey!! So inspiring. YOu look fantastic! Congrats!
  • hotmamatodd
    hotmamatodd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by your story. I am a busy Mom of five little ones and never have time for exercise. My weight loss has been slow and discouraging, but now seeing your story has encouraged me to stop making excuses and start making it happen! With a few of the kids going to school in the Fall, I have a little more time to get my new routine in place. I checked out my local YMCA and they are offering FREE child-minding services for Mom's who stay in the building and workout! Hooray to the YMCA for finally understanding why a lot of Moms are home not exercising!!! Can't wait to hear more from you!
  • ritabook58
    ritabook58 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Logging into map has been the one thing that keeps me on track. Your weight lifting has really catapulted your success...good for you.
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Love it, Lorina! You are always awesome, but taking the time to share what you know is extra awesome. :drinker:
  • alinakaras
    alinakaras Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success story, well done and thank you so much for sharing!!!
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scorp7003
    Options
    I love your story. I have to admit that at first when I saw your starting weight I wasn't sure if I was even going to read your entire post since I have a lot of weight to lose, and figured I wouldn't be able to relate much to someone who had so little to lose. I was wrong, and boy am I glad I read on!

You look amazing and are an inspiration. You made me think about adding strength training/heavier lifting to my workout routine as I become more active and lose more weight. I am down about 38-39 lbs so far and still have 100+ to go. It's a long road ahead but one that I am absolutely capable of staying on (6 months 100% on plan so far, which has already proven something to myself).

For the first time in my life, I have the hopes of becoming ATHLETIC. That is not a word that I would have ever used to describe myself in the past, since I've been overweight since the age of 8 or so and have a history of injuries when trying to become more active. I now know that it is possible, and reading the success stories on MFP is a great way to keep that in focus as I continue along my journey.
  • lovedtorun
    Options
    Just what I needed to read today. Im feeling hungry all the time and I am afraid to go over my calorie count at 1770. I have tried and failed on MFP numerous times do to tragic events in my family, depression and depression medication. I refuse to "diet" or give up food I love. I believe your story reveals the "secret" to me. I love cardio and will now strat weight training. Thank you for inspiring me.
  • tanterror
    tanterror Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!