TATTOOOOOOSSS

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Woah! BikeChick, I think you win the award for the most times posting the same thing! Don't you hate when it does that??? :wink:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I am in north west NC, near the tennesee and virginia border. (Up in them mountains. And it's AppaLATCHUN, not AppaLAYTION :mad: ).

Glad to see I'm not the only one that gets aggravated about that!

I'm guilty of pronouncing it Appalaytion... sorry! MY BAD! I guess it's just like people in the south saying "warshington" (sorry Grandma, may you rest in peace)

Darn tootin'. :wink:

Teehee, another funny one for me..as i also live in the Appalachians! 828 Representing Sarge!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    So I went today and checked out the new tattoo guy.

Regretably, he sucks. :frown:

So I am still on the hunt. If anyone knows a decent artist in the western NC area, float his name my way. I have a lot of work I would like done, from the Labarum on my chest to the wings on my back, I also kinda want to weave my big tribal over my shoulders, but that's stuff I have to work out.

Anyway, can't win them all. :ohwell:

SGTwitty, i missed this post yesterday somehow . If you wanted to come all the way down to Asheville, I can suggest the guy I go to is Jay at www.empiretattooing.com He rocks, and i will never go to anyone else. Its a little drive, but Asheville is worth it!!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have one on ankle but it needs to be covered and that is what I am treating myself to when I reach goal. :drinker:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I've never posted this anywhere before, but I have a thistle (in memory of my grandmother, who was Scottish and did highland dancing) on my left ankle. I posted it to my profile.
    The artist was Shannon from Big Red Genuine Tattoo Parlor in Bloomington, IN. He's extremely talented and I recommend him highly.
    I walked in with a fuzzy picture printed from Google Images and said, "I want something like this. The color's not right but you know, a thistle."
    With that somewhat dubious information, he proceeded to draw a perfect thistle, exactly what I had envisioned in my head but couldn't draw or find online myself. Good man!
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    I have 12...my stomach is covered my left arm is a half sleeve...my left arm inner bicep covered my foot ankle back and hip...haha im working on the full sleeve
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have 7....

...a fairly decent sized celtic knot on my upper back, in the center.
    ... the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland on my right ankle.
    ....3 stars with stardust behind them on my left foot.
    ....a sun on my left shoulder with my zodiac sign in the middle (my sister has the same one on the opposite shoulder with her zodiac in the middle)
    ....a shamrock with the words "Lucky Charm" underneath it on my inner right ankle
    ...3 stars with stardust shaped like a butterfly on my inside of my left wrist (this is matching with my best friend)
    ....3 hibiscus flowers on my left inner ankle/leg.....that was my newest addition on 5/3/08. It was a coverup of a tattoo I got with a friend when I was like 18...

I can't wait for more!!

OH! and I have some piercings, too. I have over 30 in each of my ears, including some pretty odd ones (both traguses and the rook), my nose, and my nipples ....OUCH!!
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! :laugh:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have their tongue peirced, I want to get it done but i'm kinda scared, does anyone know how painful it is???
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Options
    It hurts while your getting it done, of course. Then for a couple of days afterward, your tongue will be swollen and sore. You won't be able to have anything citrus for awhile, and no kissing or oral sex. :wink: No dairy for a little while, either. You wouldn't want it getting infected!
    After about the first week, your tongue should be back to normal. You still won't be able to do the above things. I think it depends on who you talk to, some people recommend that you rinse with sea salt. I don't recommend that. They should give you a care sheet telling you what else is off limits, and what to expect. Make sure you follow the rules if you have your tongue pierced, because otherwise you could be in for a world of pain and disgusting-ness! :flowerforyou:

P.S. Don't drink the night before - alcohol thins your blood, and it increases the chances of gushing!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    So I went today and checked out the new tattoo guy.

Regretably, he sucks. :frown:

So I am still on the hunt. If anyone knows a decent artist in the western NC area, float his name my way. I have a lot of work I would like done, from the Labarum on my chest to the wings on my back, I also kinda want to weave my big tribal over my shoulders, but that's stuff I have to work out.

Anyway, can't win them all. :ohwell:

SGTwitty, i missed this post yesterday somehow . If you wanted to come all the way down to Asheville, I can suggest the guy I go to is Jay at www.empiretattooing.com He rocks, and i will never go to anyone else. Its a little drive, but Asheville is worth it!!

828 represent!!!

I may very well take you up on that Em, a little drive is worth it for a decent artist. I am planning on being down that way within the next few weeks. I'll see what we can't pull together.

Thanks dah'ling!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I have 7....

...a fairly decent sized celtic knot on my upper back, in the center.
    ... the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland on my right ankle.
    ....3 stars with stardust behind them on my left foot.
    ....a sun on my left shoulder with my zodiac sign in the middle (my sister has the same one on the opposite shoulder with her zodiac in the middle)
    ....a shamrock with the words "Lucky Charm" underneath it on my inner right ankle
    ...3 stars with stardust shaped like a butterfly on my inside of my left wrist (this is matching with my best friend)
    ....3 hibiscus flowers on my left inner ankle/leg.....that was my newest addition on 5/3/08. It was a coverup of a tattoo I got with a friend when I was like 18...

I can't wait for more!!

OH! and I have some piercings, too. I have over 30 in each of my ears, including some pretty odd ones (both traguses and the rook), my nose, and my nipples ....OUCH!!

Rock on girl! :love:
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos, but being an artist, I've had several people ask me to design one for them. My husband has the eyes of a wolf on his arm from me and he wants me to design another that reflects our love for horses...I'm thinking about it.
    I've also designed some for my brother in law, my sister in law and some friends.... does that count?? :smile:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just got my first one 3 weeks ago. I got a buttefly with blue wings. It was for my 50th birthday. I got it on my foot so I see at all times. It reminds me that butterlies are FREE and at 50 I am finally free to do what I want and not what I have to do.
  • kindredfyre
    Options
    Gotta love the ink!
    I myself have 10 -
    1 on each hip about 10inches long each - my daughters name in Kanji and a butterfly w/a iris
    2 around my left ankle - dragons
    1 on top of my right foot - daisies
    1 on my right breast - butterfly
    1 on the nape of my neck - heart with wings and stars
    1 on my right hand - 3 stars red, white, and blue for 9-11 tribute
    1 on my left wrist - lotus flower for uncle who died last x-mas day
    1 on my left shoulder blade - cat and a rose
    Designing more as we speak, but not enough time to get them done.
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    INK AND PIERCE ON!! Addictions addictions LOL I have three tats and three piercings to date. Tats are cancer sign on left arm, celtic iron tree on right calf, and some what of the Godsmack sun on my back at the shoulder level above my spine. After i hit my goal I intend to have at least 2 more done. Will probably be gettin a new one done on my left calf before then.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well so far I have none...but I really would love to get one of a heart and made of puzzle pieces and one missing and my baby's name on it...but knowing my threshold for pain:ohwell:

it would be more like oh I know......LMBO did you all ever see Reno 911...when they all get put in jail and the ladies are sharing a cell and giving each other tatts...and dep. trudy wants a kitten tatt and can only bear the pain of having the very tip of the cat's ear done...and that's enough for her...lmbo...that would be me oh yes!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I have two

1- a dolphin swimming through a tribal like wave (my 21st bday present to myself while I was in rhodes greece) on my LOWER back

2- a black heart with tribal design like wings, with a cross/anchor like dager stabbing through the heart with "W.S.M" above it and "R.I.P" below it. (my grandfather's initials, he died when I was 12) that I got in Marimus Turkey a few months after my 21st bday in between my shoulder blades

I want to get my grandfather's born and died dates on the second one and my son's initial above the first one because he is infact my water baby lol...
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    1 tat... 7 up spot on inside of left ankle
  • iluvsparkles
    Options

828 represent!!!

I may very well take you up on that Em, a little drive is worth it for a decent artist. I am planning on being down that way within the next few weeks. I'll see what we can't pull together.

Thanks dah'ling!

my pleasure m'dear