Horrible person of the day award goes to...

Options

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options

This!! I have been reading about this story and If that guy gets this dog back I will be livid!! What a sad excuse for a man...

On the other hand, the couple that set up the rescue and those that came out to help, remind me there are still a lot of good people out there.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    He bought the ferret and had a little buyer's remorse. Probably bought it for his kid who really wanted a smart phone, and decided he wanted one for himself. Just because he is trading the animal for something else, doesn't mean he is mistreating it.

From the way the ad reads, this ferret comes with a posh ferret hotel. People don't spend that kind of money on their pets, and then mistreat them.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Further ferret info, for the curious....

http://www.wesjones.com/ferret.htm

I once owned ferrets, but was never tempted by the sport myself, lol
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    http://albany.craigslist.org/mob/3181371586.html

Seriously, what kind of god awful individual is willing to trade their pet for a phone?? :angry:
    people who treat their pets as things. people who don't understand that a living creature is LIVING, and that they have assumed responsibility for it until it dies. Basically, people who don't have much of a conscience.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    On another note, why is every British man I know deathly afraid of ferrets biting their, uh, ferret?

Two reasons, one being that in Europe, ferrets are often bred as hunters and not as the cuddly housepets that we breed them for here in the US. The other being that some really...special... guys in the UK play a game that involves putting one of these bred for hunting ferrets down their pants and seeing who can last the longest without screaming.... This is a real thing. I think it's called ferret legging.

Ferret legging? i can't even begin to wrap my head around that...why would? just? but? uh...
    I think you broke my brain with that one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferret_legging

what a sick sick world we live in
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    On another note, why is every British man I know deathly afraid of ferrets biting their, uh, ferret?

Two reasons, one being that in Europe, ferrets are often bred as hunters and not as the cuddly housepets that we breed them for here in the US. The other being that some really...special... guys in the UK play a game that involves putting one of these bred for hunting ferrets down their pants and seeing who can last the longest without screaming.... This is a real thing. I think it's called ferret legging.

Ferret legging? i can't even begin to wrap my head around that...why would? just? but? uh...

SHUT. UP.

"The world record is five hours and thirty minutes."

" a national ferret legging event has been held in Richmond, Virginia, every year since 2003."

This, people, is the stuff that nightmares are made of.

Richmond Virginia is in the US so it seems ferret legging is not just a UK thing then :)
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I traded a pet before. I was moving and could no longer have it in my new place and had a friend who was willing to take her. I offered it for free and my friend countered with something to make it a mutually beneficial deal.

The point is, I am sure there are circumstances which it not only makes him not a horrible person, but maybe even a very fine person. Maybe he has children going to college and wants to keep in contact with them. Maybe he is donating the phones through the Cell Phones for Soldiers initiative.

Rather than starting a page to harp on something, particularly without all the details, why don't we celebrate the outstanding, like this kid: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19291258

Cheers,
    -wtk
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If people can sell their pets, why can't they trade them? I don't see anything wrong with this.

No problem here. If I had a cat, I'd give it away, no questions asked!
  • VioletHaz
    VioletHaz Posts: 44 Member
    Options

SHUT. UP.

"The world record is five hours and thirty minutes."

" a national ferret legging event has been held in Richmond, Virginia, every year since 2003."

This, people, is the stuff that nightmares are made of.

ROFLMAO!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    From the way the ad reads, this ferret comes with a posh ferret hotel. People don't spend that kind of money on their pets, and then mistreat them.

Actually, they often do.

Honestly, though, I just don't see living creatures as commodities or disposable. This person may not be the worst person in the world, but I don't approve of this at all. And Craig's List is about the worst place to go to find a home for an animal.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    If I, for whatever God forsaken reason, owned a ferret, I'd trade it for much, much less than a phone.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hey, the way my cat's been acting lately, I'd be willing to exchange her for some new curtains :-)

LMAO! THIS!! Pee on MY curtains do ya....
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Does anyone want my dog? He has separation anxiety, displaced aggression and a tendency to eat things that might kill him. I don't even need a phone.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    And Craig's List is about the worst place to go to find a home for an animal.

I could agree with that.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    If people can sell their pets, why can't they trade them? I don't see anything wrong with this.

This.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

SHUT. UP.

Snort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    http://albany.craigslist.org/mob/3181371586.html

Seriously, what kind of god awful individual is willing to trade their pet for a phone?? :angry:

They are i phone 4's
  • amysuespears
    Options
    or the award could go to the POS who left his pit bull on interstate 275 today with only a t-shirt and a bag of food. rescuers from dearborn county (indiana) animal shelter tried to catch and rescue the poor animal, but it was terrified and ran off. they tried to find the poor dog, but they weren't able to. i only hope the owner is punished in a terrible and untimely way.... no one should ever treat an animal like that.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I would like to exchange my father for for a pair of running shoes.
    The shoes sound more supportive.