who is the oldest here to give birth?

Replies

• allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    reading these makes me feel better... I just turned 35 and already have a 13 yr old (had her when I was 21 almost 22).. but am considering another one but was thinking it was too late for me... Thanks for the hope ladies!!! :D
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    I had my first at 17... my second at 21.. and my third at 22..

I lose.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I had my son when I was 31 and my daughter when I was 33. I'm 34 now and am thinking of having a 3rd when I'm 36. We'll see!

I think the average age for having children has gone up (at least it has in England where I live). A lot of women are going to university and starting careers before having babies, which is what I did.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Can we talk youngest? My cousin was a grandmother at 27....CRAZY hillbillies! :noway:

That's for Maury or Jerry!
  • HollyAus
    HollyAus Posts: 251 Member
    I enjoyed this. I'm 24 and done with three lol. I can't imagin not having kids and being "older." I mean like being independent and on your own and not having kids. I was almost 19 when I had my first and got married four months beforethat, two weeks after high school graduation so I was never on my own. My hubs and I talk about it a lot. What would it be like to just be married with no kids??? What do you do with all that time?!?!?!?! lol.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Ask me in a few years. At the rate it will take to save for IVF (my only chance), I'd be close to 50 before I had enough for one round.

My first one that I lost, I was 29. I thought that was the perfect age for me.

I'm sorry.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I enjoyed this. I'm 24 and done with three lol. I can't imagin not having kids and being "older." I mean like being independent and on your own and not having kids. I was almost 19 when I had my first and got married four months beforethat, two weeks after high school graduation so I was never on my own. My hubs and I talk about it a lot. What would it be like to just be married with no kids??? What do you do with all that time?!?!?!?! lol.

My husband and I dated for 6 years and then were married 6 years before we had kids. And then had 4 kids in the next 6 years. Our baby is 12 now.
  • I don't know the exact age her momma was when she gave birth to her, but a girl who I went to high school with was a GREAT AUNT at age 16.

Apparently her parents were very elderly, and her brothers and sisters treated her as their own daughter since they were closer to the age you'd expect a 16 year olds parents to be. She had nieces and nephews that were around her age, and even one of them had a child, which made her a great aunt at age 16.

My dad's mother got pregnant in her 40s, which is why my 50+ year old dad has a 30 something brother who is closer to my age than his. And...my mom had my sister at age 38.

Same with my BFs family...his older brother and sister are my parents' age, his mom is closer to my grandparents' age. His sister was pregnant with her first at the same time their mom was pregnant with him. He's only like 4 months older than his niece...which means his younger brother (yup...there was one after him!) has a niece older than he is. On the flip side, he appreciates his mom more than any other man i've been with...
    And...that's my story telling for the day. LOL

One of my guys at work has a nephew that is a few years older than him. His mother had him (my coworker) later in life, and his siblings were much older than him.
  • mcedes02
    mcedes02 Posts: 56 Member
    I was less than a month from my 34th with my 1st and was 37 for my 2nd and at almost 39 I'd like to try one more time for a little girl but infertility probably has other plans for me!
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    I'm 24, my parents were 40 and 42 when they adopted me!
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    18, 19, 21, 23, 25, (done) and 38 (surprise!) :smile:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    I am expecting my 7th at age 39, but I've seen many women in their 40s having babies.
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    nothing like being a senior citizen at your kids High School graduation

i'd rather that then have parents who look like they just finished a few years ago!

my grandmother started having kids at 17 and had her last at 48! (15 kids total) no prenatal care, all home births, zero birth defects in any of her kids or her 105 grand/ great-grand children!! (fertile irish folk)
  • So far just the 1 at age 24 .. but I am planning to go 3-5 more! :) I am currently 32.

I was an Aunt since I was born..... my mom was 41 when she had me... the baby - #7.. the oldest.. 22 years older then me.. and most of my 13 nieces and nephews are more towards my age... and I have 9 great nieces & nephews now! :) - btw I was planned!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    I had my first daughter at 24, second daughter at 26, first son at 28 and last son at 42!
  • Can we talk youngest? My cousin was a grandmother at 27....CRAZY hillbillies! :noway:

I have a cousin like that-only her son didn't make her a grandma QUITE that young. I think she was 16 when she had him, and he was 14 when his now-wife got pregnant...so yeah, she was 30. SCARY! His friends all refer to her as a GILF... :embarassed:
  • maureenec
    maureenec Posts: 34 Member
    I had my 4 year-old when I was 39, just squeaked in under 40. I also have a 17 year-old and 14 year-old. Same marriage. I realized in my late 30's that I just wanted one more, and I got her. She's wonderful and she's one of the main reasons I'm getting my act together health-wise.
  • ahemming1
    ahemming1 Posts: 93 Member
    38 when I had my lil man. My first when I was 21. Those are my only two children. A son who is 20, a son who is 3. Crazy? Yes.

I'm right there with you. First one at 25 - He's 20, soon to be 21. And, my little guy is 6. I had him at 39.

@fatboypup - the person who said 'nothing like being a senior citizen at high school graduation - I look better and am probably in better health than 1/2 the 35 year olds at my son's school. Just sayin':laugh:
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    nothing like being a senior citizen at your kids High School graduation

^^^^Rude!
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Can we talk youngest? My cousin was a grandmother at 27....CRAZY hillbillies! :noway:

Whoa! That's insane.

I had mine at 24, 26 and 30... And I'm done having babies.