What to eat at DisneyWorld?

Options
124»

Replies

• ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    The snacks are easy, bottled water and fruit cup. Lunch I love the sunshine counter place in Epcot, in the building with the garden tour and soaring. You really have a lot of choices such as yogurt etc there. Just realize that your counter meal CANNOT be customized, so be prepared to wipe off mayo etc of needed. And let yourself have a few meals of "whatever", after all it is Disney!
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Going to Disney next week. Does anyone have any great "healthier" places/items to eat? :drinker:

I live in Orlando, FL and I have Annual Passes to disney. Most of the food is horrible if you don't got cash to pay for better food at the expensive restaurants. If you are worried about the food in Disney World then bring your own food or eat some of those chicken salads in the park lol. Food would not be the best thing in disney. If you go to magic kingdom then they have this place to the right of the castle as you go to tommmorow land where they have rotisserie chicken mash potatoes and veggies. Probalby my favorite place to eat.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Turkey legs!

I'm pretty sure those turkey legs are over 1,000 a pop!

We had the Disney turkey leg. Took off the skin, and the whole leg was split between 4 of us, so I figured I had about 5 oz, so it was logged at under 300 cal (NOT for the whole leg).
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    We went to Disney World last year for three weeks. I was concerned about what I could eat that would be healthy, not deep fried and wouldn't upset my stomach, etc. I had a great time and found enough good food that I could eat that would be healthy enough. I took the list with me to make things easier. Here's a list of some of the links I used:

Magic Kingdom: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1992918/eating_healthy_at_walt_disney_world.html?cat=16

Epcot World Showcase: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1991502/eat_healthy_at_epcot_world_showcase.html?cat=16

Epcot Future World: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1990942/eat_healthy_at_epcot_future_world.html?cat=16

Animal Kingdom: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1627463/eating_healthy_at_disneys_animal_kingdom.html?cat=16

Hollywood Studios (a.k.a. MGM): http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1627479/eating_healthy_at_disneys_hollywood.html?cat=16

Islands of adventure: http://www.islandsofadventure.com/food.htm
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Personally, I say eat what you enjoy. You will get plenty of walking in to burn the calories.
  • macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds when I was at Disneyland. I found there to be actually more choices at Disney World.

We stayed off site, so I can't talk about a meal plan, that will be a game changer. Essentially, I always pack food with me and supplies. If we don't have access to a vehicle when we get off the plane, I have actually put light foods, disposable storage containers, possible ziplock bags, a very small BYO cooler lunch bag that folds flat, refillable foldable water bottles, a little pair of scissors to cut things in my suitcase. For food, I will pack little packettes of otal for breakfast (assuming there is a coffee pot or microwave in your room), small snack packs of almond, beef jerky, etc

I usually stop off at a Walmart, and pick up fruit that can be easily carries, apples, oranges, fruit cups in juice, etc I will even buy my regular veggies and fruit and put them in the little bags and containers each day. Little cans/pouches of tuna, flat tortillas (pack well).

I personally think its worth going shopping, not just for the money savings, but the health savings. If there is another adult going, then leave the kids at night with them, while you do a quick shop.

At the theme park, we still bought food there. They actually had okay, but boring options for the kids. You could find sandwiches and grilled foods. They did have fruit, yogurt, and cut up veggies available. However, I really hate paying $2.5 for a piece of fruit. We bought a smoked Turkey drum, which feed a family of four, including one self proclaimed meatarian. We did take the turkey off the drum, and put in the tortilla wraps that we brought to make mini wraps.

For the nicer restaurants, we actually didn't have much problem finding foods to eat. There was always salad options, and grilled meats. I just asked for all sauces on the side, and the food to be cooked without extra oil. To be honest, we went off site often to grab dinner, and then went back to the park after dinner.

We did eat the junky food too, I just really monitored my portion, and always shared one item with the whole family. Stay away from the sugary drinks, and deep fried stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about the food, I ate alot still, and the amount of walking we did, I still lost weight.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Oh just go nuts and spend too much money on frozen bananas, churros and what not. It's freakin' Disneyworld!!! Enjoy.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 5 pounds (w/o trying) we ate 3x a day .. with all the walking you do, you will be burning loads of cals

I suggest you go to down town disney to earl of sandwhiches atleast once :drinker:
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    And don't forget to eat a Mickey shaped chocolate dipped rice krispie treat
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Don't know much about Walt Disney World, but live close to Disneyland and go all the time. They do have salads and soups. You can also get a hand stamp, eat somewhere else and come back in the park(s). It'll probably be cheaper that way, too.
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Most counter service restaurants have at least one "healthier" option. I am a planner so I look at the menus posted at allears.net and choose my best options in advance rather than being spontaneous (this is for counter service...table service definitely requires making reservations ahead of time at popular places!). Have fun and don't stress about everything you put in your mouth. Oh, and also do a bit of research on snacks because they offer many more options than are listed on the paperwork. Lots of fresh fruit bowls, veggie bowls with ranch dip, etc.