May Day Challenge!

Options

Replies

• Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    This week's challenge should not be problematic as I already workout 7 days a week (usually) and average about 11 glasses of water but I'm in b/c this is a lifestyle change. Seeing as I have no children or a husband the only person I ever do for is me so I think this will be a pretty easy challenge too BUT I like the idea of posting it on the thread.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 137
    Jan. 1: 137
    Jan. 8: 135
    Jan. 15: 134
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 129

Down another pound, no thanks to tonight as I caved and at Lee's Chicken but other than that have kept within calories.

Looks like everyone has either stayed the same or dropped so good job everyone !!!
  • annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Start weight: 172
    Jan. 8: 165.5
    Jan. 15: 163.5
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 145 - This is a lofty goal but I'd REALLY love to be there.... I am hopeful I can do it!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    tart weight: 170
    Jan. 1: 171
    Jan. 8: 170
    Jan. 15: 172
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 145!!! (Graduation Day) I change this from 135 to 145, more realistic goal!

Reporting in, I don't know how I manage to gain another pound instead of lose:cry: . But my sodium was really high this week because I just came back to college, classes started and I didn't get to the grocery store till Thursday. Also I was working on giving up pop. I went 7 days without pop :happy: and I actually worked out four days. Oddly enough my pants are barely staying on my hips and last week they fit. So I don't whats up with the weight gain. But next week will be a better week. :happy:
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough my pants are barely staying on my hips and last week they fit. So I don't whats up with the weight gain. But next week will be a better week. :happy:

I've heard tell that when you start "reactivating" muscles you haven't used in a while that they retain water. Maybe you lost fat, but with the great job exercizing your muscles kept more water. Hopefully that'll drop significantly in the next week! (Ask your bro if you want a better explanation on the muscle thing:wink: )
  • rebecca413
    Options
    Start weight: 208.3
    Dec. 25: 206
    Jan. 1: 202.3
    Jan. 8: 200
    Jan. 15: 197.8
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5: Mini goal - 188
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 174

Down my first 10 lbs. Really feeling good right now. I've never stuck to any program consistently before. It's now been over 4 weeks of going to the gym every day and sticking to 1200 calories. So glad to see it working!!!
  • BankPawn
    BankPawn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in, a little late but better late than never

Jan, 15: 89
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2: partial goal 80 kg (bet with friends)
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: 78 kg
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm in on this challenge... Easy breezin on both, I already do both. I'm gonna add a personal challenge of 4 veggies a day!!! Had a great time last night dancing with my family.. Had cereal for breakfast & I'm not gonna exercise today I got my 5 hours in for the week already, feels good to rest.... Salad for lunch & some kind of chix for dinner!!!!
    God Bless
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies. My day didn't start too well b/c my cousin and I headed to my local gym so that we could participate in the kickboxing class and the guess pass the gym told me to print offline was apparently not good b/c she is from out of town and they wanted her to pay $15.00 for one class. Now in my opinion, $15.00 is way tooo expense for one class so I told them thank but no thank I'll be working out from home today and politely walked out the door. I mean dang, I pay $29.00 for a month and they want her to pay half that just for an hour. They really had me confused for someone else. I proceeded to drive to the nearest Target and purchased a Taebo dvd for $10.00 and went home and got my kickboxing on.

My workout is complete for today. I did 45 minutes of the Taebo dvd and now my cousin and I along w/two of my girlfriends are about to head to an exotic dance class and then lunch.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll check in later.
  • lisawest
    Options
    Congrats on the first 10lbs Rebecca! Way to stick with it. Before you know it, it'll be 20!

Welcome BankPawn! Don't worry, you're not late! We each start new each day:happy:

Update on challenges:

For ME: I went to the eye doc today and got a prescription for new glasses:glasses: Now to choose which $8 glasses I want (www.zennioptical.com). So, that is what I am doing for myself this week. FINALLY getting my glasses replaced. It's only been 4 months since they broke!

Exercising: I will do this after the KU game (Rock Chalk!)

Water: Working on it, but only up to 2 cups so far. I'll be drinking up during the game, though, so I should be able to catch up:drinker:

I hope everyone else's weekend is starting off great. Chocolickkyss, I hope yours gets better!
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Sorry i've been MIA. We had company until this week and work has been more demanding.Still been able to keep a steady drop going. i have doing well on watching what i'm eating. My exercise has suffered though. i did get back to water aerobics 3 times this week, but just have to get in the weight strength training this week.
    Starting weight 244.2
    weigh-in Jan.1- 240.2
    Jan. 8: 237.4
    Jan. 15: 235.2
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12: (mini-goal 225)
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: (205)
  • lisawest
    Options
    KatieLouHoo: GREAT JOB ON THE LOSS!!!!!!:bigsmile: :love: It is so hard to to keep focussed with house guests. Good job getting back to the swing!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    My cousin and I along w/three girlfriends took an exotic dance class and had A BLAST!!! I think we are going to go back and take the lapdance class that the studio is offering for Valentines's Day.

After exotic dance class we all went to a gourment burger joint called Flip Burger Boutique. If anyone ever watched the Top Chef reality show the owner of Flip was a finalist on that show. The food was EXCELLENT since we had a late start and talked so much afterwards that meal will have to account for a.m. snack, p.m. snack and dinner since we are just returning to the house. I tried to account for the calories the best way I knew how since the restaurants nutritional information is not posted. Based on what I ate (Turkery burger w/avacado, alfafa sprouts & tomato, hand cut fries and a nutella milkshake) I estimated that I consumed about 1300 calories on that meal. Since I ate a light breakfast (boiled egg and turkey sausage w/1 slice of whole wheat bread) and burned calories from the kickboxing I DID NOT go over my calories....YiPPEE, YIPPEE!!!!

Despite the rainy and dreary weather in Georgia I had a WONDERFUL DAY W/FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning ladies, another Sunday workout complete....YIPPEE...YIPPEE....YIPPEE.

I got up early to get the workout in and over so my day of relaxation can begin. I completed a 10 minute circuit training dvd called "Melt It Off" and then I completed 20 minutes a dance exercise dvd called "Core Rhythm".

Since my cousin decided to get on the road a day early I have the rest of today to chill out and watch FOOTBALL!

I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing
  • annerssju
    Options
    Hey everyone
    Confession time... I PIGGED OUT yesterday. I had one of those days where I ate everything I could my hands on! It didn't even taste that good, but I was just procrastinating cleaning my house, and kept eating instead! I have no idea how many calories I consumed yesterday. I didn't even log into myfitnesspal. But I'm hoping that yesterday's slip up will motivate me to be PERFECT in the next 5 days before weigh-in. I have got a lot of calories to make up for, so I'm going to step up my work outs!! Hopefully this slip up will not completely ruin my weight loss for the week. At least it was early in the week so I have some time to make up for it! I hope you all had better weekends than I did!
    ~Anne
  • annerssju
    Options
    Ok, here's the proposed challenges for next week (shall we start them tomorrow?):
    1) 5 days of 30 min or more exercising by next Friday
    2) 5 days of 8 glasses or more of water by next Friday

And a continuing challenge: What have you done for YOU this week? (besides eating right and exercising:wink: )

If you have things that you are struggling with that you would like us to help keep you accountable for (heck, several of us will probably join in!), just let us know! Last week the fast food challenge took off, and it was started by just a "Here's my personal challenge to myself" and others wanted in, too. Don't be afraid to suggest a challenge if you don't think the current one is right for you right now! There are plenty of us who have been there done that, and may need to revisit!

Thought for the day: If you quit now, you will never reach the finish line.

I am going to the 30 min. of exercising challenge again, that's something I really need to do, especially this week, with my TERRIBLE day on Sat.
    As for doing something for myself, I'm going to try and get my nails done on a weekly basis! This might sound like a selfish, silly goal, but I think it'll help me feel better. My nails are bad, I have short nail beds, and they break easily. I have some gift certificates for the salon which I haven't used yet, so I'm going to try and run over there after work on Tuesdays. I usually feel too guilty because I work and I want to get home to my baby (9 mos. already, I can't believe it!) but I think I could squeeze a half hour in for myself before heading home. I know it'll make me feel so much better, I always feel so much more polished and put together when my nails are done! So that's what I'm going to do for ME this week :)
  • lisawest
    Options
    Challenge update:

workouts: 1 day done (yesterday it was SOO nice out we took a family walk! We even increased our usual distance. Didn't seem to phase Ray who's 2)
    water: 0 days done, I missed yesterday by 1 cup.:grumble: but today I am almost done:bigsmile:

Something for me: I went to the eye doctor yesterday. Doesn't sound like much, but since my glasses have been being held together by super glue for 4 months, it's about time! This afternoon I am going to order my new glasses! My BIL gave me a great website that has glasses starting at $8 a pair!!! That includes lenses, frames, etc.!! I think I've convinced my husband to let me get 2 pairs:laugh:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Challenge totals:

Yesterday I completed 45 minutes of a Taebo dvd and today I completed 20 minutes of the Core Rhythms dvd and 10 minutes of the Melt IT Off Dvd.

Chocolickkyss: 2 workouts completed

I drank 10 glasses of water yesterday and I'm already on 8 as of today, so, I can claim victory for the water challenge too.

Chocolickkyss: 2 days of which I drank at least 8 glasses of water.

Treat myself challenge:

Yesterday my cousin and I along w/three of my girlfriends did an exotic dance class and then had lunch and today I'm chilling by watching the football game:

Chocolickkyss: 2 days of which I did something for myself.
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 5 workout challenges this week too.

ktbell626: 1/5 workouts completed this week.

I don't know if this counts towards something for myself, but I went to get Wii Fit Plus and the Biggest Loser game (because I heard it was on sell for 20 bucks). I couldn't find Biggest Loser but I did mange to get Wii Plus so when I was checking out, I asked the GameStop guy if they had one in the back. And he was like let me see, what was the game called? I said the Biggest loser and he was says "what did you call me?"in a playful manner lol. I was so out of it I didn't know how to come back with a good retort. This is the second time in two weeks some guy has tried to flirt with me and I am so shocked, I never know what to say back. I think I will try to flirt with next guy that hits on me.

I am going shopping today, my friend just broke up with her bf of almost two years, so I'm taking her out.

Have a nice day Everyone!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Start weight: 197.0
    Dec. 25: 198.8 (+1.8)
    Jan. 1: 196.0 (-2.8)
    Jan. 8: 194.2 (-1.8)
    Jan. 15: 191.0 (-3.2) (21.1 lbs to goal)
    Jan. 22:
    Jan. 29:
    Feb. 5:
    Feb. 12:
    Feb. 19:
    Feb. 26:
    March 5:
    March 12:
    March 19:
    March 26:
    April 2:
    April 9:
    April 16:
    April 23:
    April 30: Goal 169

I forgot to check in on Friday. Got 6 workout in... the last 2 days of the 30 day shred, and 4 days of pure cardio with Walk Away the Pounds. Today is a rest day, since I'm starting Power90 tomorrow -- wanted to give my body a day to recoup before heading into the next routine. Eating has been okay -- had some sweets last week, so didn't do so well on that challenge -- staying within my calorie goals, though, and still losing, which I am happy about. Water has been a little low, only getting about 10 cups/day, instead of 12-16 cups as I should. Staying on track for the most part -- yay!

This week's goals:
    -Keep on track with eating
    -Get water intake back up to 12-16 cups per day
    -No sweets for a week
    -6 P90 workouts, 3 strength and 3 cardio