Only Cardio or lifting too...????

Options
12346»

Replies

• likemeinvisible
    Options
    That's just kind of hilarious to me since it's the "skinny' women the media bombards us with, so I very much enjoy seeing the posts that find athletic/muscular women sexy.

Athletic women are sexy, but no more bashing the long distance runners ,ok ? There was post here saying "you'll be all skin and bones look at marathoners" I don't think saying that to a woman is nice or true, so I wanted to counter that.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Bumping to read later.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I would do HIIT for 20 minutes 3x a week and 30-40 minutes of lifting 3-4x a week. You are so close to your goal, you don't want to sabotage muscle growth at this point. 5 times a week cardio? That's overkill IMO. You can control calorie intake through diet better than wasting away all of those muscles.
  • Msdays007
    Msdays007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd be lifting 30-45mins then cardio for 15mins. The benefits of resistance training are huge.

^^^^This. If your looking to drop fat & reshape your body. Cardio is great for cardiovascular health.

Ok Lifting is it. Now to look up those websites suggested to find out how to do it...lol I use the machines now and do 3 reps of 10. That doesn't take me long enough.

OH and stop using the machines. do free weights to help work your stabilizer muscles....

ALSO if you're going to do strength & cardio in the same day (which is fine) do strength first, every time.

Why does everyone say the machines are so bad? Why are they? I am just wondering. I have heard the free weights are better I just am not sure why.

I also have NO CLUE as to how to work on my abs without the ab machines.

I don't think its that the machines are bad...you just don't work as hard and get the same results.
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great thread... Was a daily runner for years and never added weights into the equation. After finishing Insanity, I decided I wanted to do more weight/strength training. I lift three days a week following P90x as well as Stronglifts. I have not completely given up on cardio - two days a week I switch between mountain biking and trail running, weather permitting. I will never look back with regret. If I were to skip a day of exercise, it would be a cardio day not a lifting day. On lifting days, add 15 minutes of cardio for warm up - it helps the mental 'cardio' part of me from feeling neglected.