Deleting Friends

Options
Does anyone delete friends who haven't logged in for a while?

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Yep - I give them a month
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Same here. If they come back they can re-add me but I get tired of the feed telling me so and so hasn't logged on and I should encourage them. Nope, they need to be accountable for themselves.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unless I know them from elsewhere (IRL or friends from online from another forum or something) they get 3-4 weeks of not logging in.
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    All the time
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just started a couple of weeks ago and 4 friends haven't logged in for almost a week. I have sent some messages. One came back, computer issues. I am giving the others a few more days you just are never sure.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I feel bad deleting friends, but if they are inactive to the point when I feel they arent coming back I will usually delete. Also if someone constantly posts negative "I'M GONNA BINGE" or "YAY DAY THREE OF STARVATION" I will give a couple words of encouragement and if ignored or beyond hope I delete... I feel bad for those people and I hope they get help but I can't have them on my journey towards health!
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did at first until it was done to me. I was suprised at how I felt about that. I have kept everyone since then and just give them a little encouragement from time to time. That's what this is all about right.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    14 days unless your preggers, dead, or an Arabo
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you use the app does it still count as a log in?
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    I am a difficult MFP friend. If your diary always consists of McDonalds, if you don't share your diary and if you don't log in regularly ... I delete. I am self motivated and try to befriend others who are just as motivated and who have a positive attitude. Of course we all have our good and bad days/weeks ... but if there's a negative trend over a few days, I delete.
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Not yet!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    No I keep their avatars even when they deactivate.
    Not creepy just friends for life:angry:
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No I keep their avatars even when they deactivate.
    Not creepy just friends for life:angry:

Good to know I have a friend for life :wink:

And yes I do.. unless I know why you left you get the boot after 30 days...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    <click>
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Yup. I also delete friends that log in every day but don't interact with me at all.
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Good call! I agree. I deleted someone the other day who posted that she could not sleep because she was starving. Okay, I get that, but when the following posts went intro vodka and pill consumption in place of food, I was both saddened and horrified. I just adore 13inchesto fo and my other pals. They are funny, wise, and honest. We have are flaws, but I don't want to be part of anyone's negativity!
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    If they don't log in for two weeks, then they are gone. Also, others that don't post comments or don't show encouragement, also get the boot.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I gotta be this person...

I delete people who call me buttercup.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    All the time. If they don't bother to log on, eat like crap, don't exercise and whine about not losing, and don't bother to give support...they get the can.
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yup. I delete people after a month of inactivity.