Deleting Friends

Options

Replies

• wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I generally delete those that haven't logged in for a month or longer. I am here to lose weight, be healthier and support others who have similar goals. I have also deleted a few that eat like crap over a period of time or think that eating too little is great! Losing weight the healthy way is the only way to go in my opinion!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    The only time I would consider deleting for not logging in is if I was at the max number of friends that MFP allows and wanted to add someone. Then I'd delete the person who was gone the longest. I don't think that's something I have to worry about any time soon. :) Doesn't hurt me any if they aren't logging in.
  • Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options
    I'll keep them to make it seem i have a lot of friends. =D no i kid.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow... seeing this makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing not having any friends! You guys are harsh! I felt a little hurt when I was deleted by the one person who added me last time, so I have chosen not to open the diary so they can poke fun. "You went out to eat TWICE this week. Ugh!"

"You eat junk food! Get off my list!"

"You didn't log your food yesterday! Bam, gone!"

That's the vibe I get from this post. And I'm military so we go away all the time: training for 3 weeks here, conference there, deployment with intermittent web access. I don't need friends that'll abandon me because I'm hard to reach or going to criticize when I'm stuck eating chow hall food in the desert. I don't know about others, but I need encouragement. I'm trying to eat well, but now I'm thinking "What if I don't live up to their standards?"

Edit: The "doesn't interact" part also concerns me. I'm a quiet one, a lurker. You'll delete me for that, even if I log in!?
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Yes if they haven't logged in in over a month or so..
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Nope.

While I respect anyone's decision about it but to me it sound like I'm being unfair & not supportive at all if I do that. Besides, some people in my FL live a very hectic life so much so that they don't have the luxury of being in internet everyday. While there are some who post that they'll be away for a while due to some reasons but I know not all people have a time to do that.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Yes, I give them a month, perhaps a bit longer, and add a note telling them if they come back to look me up.

I want to be supported on my journey and if they are AWOL, it does me no good.

In this day & age, there really is no reason to fall off the face of the planet w/o logging in for a month.
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yup. I also delete friends that log in every day but don't interact with me at all.
    me too. i deleted most of mine because of this.
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Sorry... I gotta be this person...

I delete people who call me buttercup.
    I saw that.:wink:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't. Those who go missing are the ones who need the support the most. Whenever they decide to come back, I'll be here to cheer them on.
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I delete people for all kinds of reasons too - inactivity is an easy delete.

I want to keep my friend count under 1 page - I mention this on my profile.

So I can see my husband easily. :D

But I have deleted people who have confronted me about my diet - *F* them, I want friends, not busy bodies.
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I delete friends who 1) Haven't logged in for at least 14 days (without good reason) and 2) Never post to anyone's profile or status pages. That's why we get friends, for mutual support. Oh, and also if they aren't cool. But that one is subjective.
  • ridemhi
    ridemhi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not yet
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am guilty of deleting...for not logging in, for not interacting....but after reading some of these responses and reasonings, I feel guilty. :(
  • WillUAre
    WillUAre Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I feel like I "deserve" to be deleted. Not much of an online talker. Too quiet.
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hmm, well I'm going to be an easy delete then, even though I've only just joined!

I've grown up without a lot of support for anything I've done, words of encouragement and praise aren't easily in my vocab, other than "cool" etc, so I find it hard to articulate/interact.
    I don't expect people to woohoo at everything I do either. I'm fairly vocal on facebook, but in real life I'm more of a watcher/listener than a talker, it doesn't mean I'm not noticing people's achievements, I just don't know what to say without coming across awkward and cheesy! But I do try.

It seems a bit harsh to delete people just because they don't pay you enough attention!

I see the newsfeed as being about accountability, not just encouragement. But that's just me.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    After a month I do. It's nothing against them, I just hate that so and so has not logged in for a month thing.
    If they come back, they could always re-add me.
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    After a month I do. It's nothing against them, I just hate that so and so has not logged in for a month thing.
    If they come back, they could always re-add me.
    This.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    If they are really my friends, no. If we barely have had any contact, yes. They could also be on vacation. Do what is right for you.