What was your "fat" breaking point?

Options

Replies

• UniformMr
    Options
    My life seemed to hit a plateau in many areas of me life. Then I couldn't help noticing the gut I was developing, and the fact that I couldn't wear many of the perfectly good clothes in my closet, and having to buy larger sizes.....it was very humbling. The joints in my legs were starting to ache....and I left very old and sluggish.

I know I had to lose some weight and beging exercising again. and I knew this was at least one area in which I would have complete control.
  • banshishi
    banshishi Posts: 197
    Options
    7 years ago I got on my horse and she slumped under the weight.. I lost 95lbs that year...kept most of em off til I quit smoking and gained some of it back...so now I just cant face being like I was before!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It had nothing to do with the number on the scale, actually. I felt depressed and bored, and decided to rework my diet and increase activity to improve my mood. The weight came off as a side-effect.
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just got tired of ALWAYS being the "big" girl.... I was a size 16 for the past 8 years or so, kinda went up and down from 16 to 12. Glad to say I am now a 6 and still have a WAYS to go but I am dedicated. The biggest I got was a size 22 and I weighed 220 pounds.... At 140 I am happier but when I hit that 130..... man o man IDK what I'm gonna do lol
  • bigelle16
    bigelle16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This could have been posted by me. I feel the exact same way, and I was in my best shape 2 years ago that lasted for about 3-4 years. Now Im stuck and I cant motivate myself. I feel nasty and Im depressed all the time too.
    Im going home for vacation in three weeks, lets motivate eachother.
    bigelle16
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Getting an iPhone! But seriously...

A girl who is about the same age as me but is teeny tiny asked me when I was due--on a day when I thought I was looking particularly nice. That was not the first time I had been mistaken for being pregnant, but I decided that it would be the last. I started working out again the next day and downloaded the MFP app a few days later. Then I discovered C25k and Nike+ apps, and now I think that the iPhone is what really changed my life.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My breaking point was when I was diagnosed with diabetes. A1C of 12!

Now, just over a year later, I'm off all diabetes meds and my A1C is a normal 5.7.
  • rlouise14
    Options
    When I booked a girls holiday for next year. The thought of laying on a beach with a friend that looks like a glamour model, another that looks like an actually model and three other girls who are all skinnier than me. I definitely don't want someone trying to put the back in the sea because they think I'm a beached whale. I've been yo-yoing for a while but this is the motivation I needed.
  • ashtonvv
    ashtonvv Posts: 144
    Options
    When XL and XXL tops were too tight, ALWAYS the fat friend, clothes getting tigher and tighter. I think the honest breaking point was not fiting into my winter coat, and seeing pictures from a new years party where my face looked so swollen.

Now that I have a jawline again, I am loving it!! LOL.
  • damedame
    damedame Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    just so tired of looking the way i did.
    i want to be able to wear the clothes i want and not feel like people are staring at my rolls!
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    When I saw of picture of myself and it took over 40 minutes for me to realize it was me...... such a sad day.
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Went nuts at Arby's and ate so much I felt sick. On the way home my BF and I bought a scale and that is the end of that. Been doing this for over a year now, lost 87lbs and have some more to go but that was my breaking point.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    When I nearly got to 400 pounds. I couldn't stand without having back pain or go up stairs without being winded. All a thing of the past now
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine died from a heart attack from overeating and I was having trouble breathing and getting up steps!!!
  • nicheven
    nicheven Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I hurt my knee and tried to find a brace so i could walk easier....and couldn't find one that fit unless I got a custom one or paid a ton. I had already started and fell off the wagon, now I'm back on, making better choices, eating less calories than less time and not having a problem at all!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Looking at recent pictures of myself. Looking at my *kitten* in the mirror. Noticing how incredibly tired and out of shape I was... again. Not anymore!!!
  • CHN_
    CHN_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When my scale gave me triple digits (in kilograms). I hit 100 kg, and knew it was about time I did something. I also realized I didn't want to be this fat when I turn 30, which is in June of next year. So, less than two months ago, I got my act together, joined here, and the rest is history.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My mom keeps telling me I need to give the clothes I can't fit to Goodwill..and that pisses me off cause it's a LOT OF CLOTHES. So I want to fit into all of them again!!!! And this flab on my arms is disgusting. And I've gained weight too fast and have the top half of my arm covered in stretch marks to prove it.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When I looked more like a seal than human (body composition standpoint)
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    When I got the first stretch mark on my stomach. Two of them, small, next to my belly button. Woke up one morning, saw them, and was like, "NOPE! This ends now."

Still have the stretch marks. They've faded a bit though.