Ripped in 30 - Month of August - Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is definitely harder than 30ds!

Week 3 is brutal. It was so fast moving and some of the moves were almost too hard for me! Does anyone else find the ab holds impossible?
  • LKMatlock
    Options
    Count me in. I'm 46 with thyroid issues.... and 5 kids, I've had trouble with weight issues since my pre-teen's I'm looking to lose...and keep off 60 pounds.....Started Ribbed in 30 on Monday with my 18 yo daughter.....she's schooling me!!!!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Ripped in 30 folks.
    Today I am on week 1 Day 6. Ready to kick some booty with Jillian Micheals, she is pretty awesome.
    Need some friends on here doing the same things as me. Hope to also be supportive to others who need it
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I checked my measurements on day 15 and I had already lost 1 inch from my waist, almost 1 inch from hips and thighs, and 1/2 inch off my arms! Today I started week 3. Last night I was trying to imagine what duck walks looked like. I see why everyone talks about them. My leg muscles were on fire! Am I the only one who couldn't even jump on one leg? I was so nervous that my ankles wouldn't hold me, so I just did jump rope instead. I think I only did half of every exercise and I had to take a lot of breaks. Every time I start feeling like I am in pretty good shape, Jillian shows me that I have a long way to go! Is it just me who thinks ripped in 30 is alot harder than 30ds? I'm really starting to question whether or not I can handle week 4? So how is everyone doing? Has anyone checked their measurements yet? I hope everyone sticks with it and has amazing results!

Brilliant results! Go you! I've actually seen a difference even though I haven't done it for 11 days now - I have even dropped weight, fat % and inches since I had to stop Ripped 11 days ago - especially my thighs! But I don't want to be skinny fat so i'll be getting back to it asap. I'd love to hear if anyone has measurements or fat % results so far that they could tell us.

If you don't think that you can handle wk 4 then why not go back to one of the other weeks, or the Shred and use your hand weights through as many moves as possible. And make sure you don't modify - you will still build your strength and fitness until you are ready for wk 4. That's what I will be doing if I need to rather than risking injury.

Count me in. I'm 46 with thyroid issues.... and 5 kids, I've had trouble with weight issues since my pre-teen's I'm looking to lose...and keep off 60 pounds.....Started Ribbed in 30 on Monday with my 18 yo daughter.....she's schooling me!!!!

Don't want to put you off LKMatlock, but have you been exercising before doing Ripped? Personally I wouldn't recommend it as a first dvd, I would be more inclined to do the 30 Day Shred first. It's still really difficult and gets results but will help build your stamina for Ripped. Good luck with our weight loss and fitness journey. :)

Today I am on week 1 Day 6. Ready to kick some booty with Jillian Micheals, she is pretty awesome.
    Need some friends on here doing the same things as me. Hope to also be supportive to others who need it

Quite a few folk on here still keeping at it, so pleased keep us all updated with your progress. I will pop in from time to time even though I can't do Ripped at the mo, but will be getting back to it as fast as I possibly can and still like to offer my support. :)

Keep it up everyone, you are putting me to shame and making me feel like a slacker, but reading about your progress really motivates me to get back to it as soon as this pain goes. :)
  • LKMatlock
    Options
    I checked my measurements on day 15 and I had already lost 1 inch from my waist, almost 1 inch from hips and thighs, and 1/2 inch off my arms! Today I started week 3. Last night I was trying to imagine what duck walks looked like. I see why everyone talks about them. My leg muscles were on fire! Am I the only one who couldn't even jump on one leg? I was so nervous that my ankles wouldn't hold me, so I just did jump rope instead. I think I only did half of every exercise and I had to take a lot of breaks. Every time I start feeling like I am in pretty good shape, Jillian shows me that I have a long way to go! Is it just me who thinks ripped in 30 is alot harder than 30ds? I'm really starting to question whether or not I can handle week 4? So how is everyone doing? Has anyone checked their measurements yet? I hope everyone sticks with it and has amazing results!

Brilliant results! Go you! I've actually seen a difference even though I haven't done it for 11 days now - I have even dropped weight, fat % and inches since I had to stop Ripped 11 days ago - especially my thighs! But I don't want to be skinny fat so i'll be getting back to it asap. I'd love to hear if anyone has measurements or fat % results so far that they could tell us.

If you don't think that you can handle wk 4 then why not go back to one of the other weeks, or the Shred and use your hand weights through as many moves as possible. And make sure you don't modify - you will still build your strength and fitness until you are ready for wk 4. That's what I will be doing if I need to rather than risking injury.

Don't want to put you off LKMatlock, but have you been exercising before doing Ripped? Personally I wouldn't recommend it as a first dvd, I would be more inclined to do the 30 Day Shred first. It's still really difficult and gets results but will help build your stamina for Ripped. Good luck with our weight loss and fitness journey. :)
    Hey no problem, I've been walking 2 miles for about a month. I haven't been able to do the entire 30 minutes yet without stopping, but I'll build up to that....even if I have to do week 1 twice....

Quite a few folk on here still keeping at it, so pleased keep us all updated with your progress. I will pop in from time to time even though I can't do Ripped at the mo, but will be getting back to it as fast as I possibly can and still like to offer my support. :)

Keep it up everyone, you are putting me to shame and making me feel like a slacker, but reading about your progress really motivates me to get back to it as soon as this pain goes. :)
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im on week 3 day 3 and i find week 3 to be brutal! My arms and legs scream! Before RI30 i was doing Turbo Jam and definately wasnt prepared for this dvd however i stick through it and my strength and stamina have gotten so much better! There are still a few moves i have to modify but not by much so im proud of that! I also know i have lost inches from my belly, arms and thighs since starting but didnt measure from the beginning so not sure how much! I hate the duck walk, the table and the ab hold!! It kills my arms!! I love/hate that woman!!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thanks Matlock. Its good to have support.
  • paulaviki
    Options
    Oh my god I feel so uncoordinated doing week 3! Plus I'm sure they've missed the 2nd set of weights in circuit one? Even the backing girls go to grab their weights but jillian goes straight into cardio?

I think week 3 is going to be tough to get through!
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    Oh my god I feel so uncoordinated doing week 3! Plus I'm sure they've missed the 2nd set of weights in circuit one? Even the backing girls go to grab their weights but jillian goes straight into cardio?

It gets easier! The 1st day i did wk 3 i thought it was the longest 30 mins ever! But im on day 4 now and it seems to go so fast! (Thank God!) Its prob because im more focused on how much my arms and legs are screaming! I think you'll be fine! Just keep pushing yourself and you'll make it through! I still have to take a few quick breaks during it!
  • paulaviki
    Options

It gets easier! The 1st day i did wk 3 i thought it was the longest 30 mins ever! But im on day 4 now and it seems to go so fast! (Thank God!) Its prob because im more focused on how much my arms and legs are screaming! I think you'll be fine! Just keep pushing yourself and you'll make it through! I still have to take a few quick breaks during it!

I hope so! I'm going to stick with it, but right now I hate week 3!!:laugh:
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hurt my knee during week 4.
    Gonna cry in a corner.
    Wah.
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options

Yea week 3 just sucks but on a positive note i heard week 4 isnt as bad.. Although i think the whole dvd is tough! lol. I want to eventually gain more strength and do it again and see if i do better next time!
  • paulaviki
    Options

Yea week 3 just sucks but on a positive note i heard week 4 isnt as bad.. Although i think the whole dvd is tough! lol. I want to eventually gain more strength and do it again and see if i do better next time!

Snap! I'm hoping next time I might be able to do more of the advanced versions!
  • mystikalbeanz
    Options
    :drinker:

Snap! I'm hoping next time I might be able to do more of the advanced versions!

Im with you 100% on that one! I have one more day of wk 3 and then onto wk4. After my workout today i checked out week 4 to see what im in for and i dont know how i feel about it! I only watched the 1st circuit and it didnt seem too bad but it still seemed hard! She even says the moves are hard to hold. So i guess ill wait to see! God bless us! But were almost done!
  • ggilbride
    ggilbride Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Good luck with your wedding.

I'm at 5'6" and 206 pounds. I have a ways to do but I'm going to get there.
    These last two days have been a disaster for me but I keep trying.........
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Well, due to injury after injury I have not been able to keep going with this. ): Now, with my knee hurt AND a sprained ankle, I just can't do it. *sigh*

I'll start back up when my injuries are all healed up!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Is ripped in 30,the part 2 of 30 day shred,???!!,cause i started 30day shred today,...& was wondering if thats the next dvd to do?I have p90x,and plan on doing the lean program only after i shed some weight first to take it easey on my joints!
  • MissOrangina
    Options
    I'm in starting tomorrow !
  • 80Ben
    80Ben Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to see this thread is still going! I completed 30DS on the 21st, and started Ripped in 30 on the 23rd. So far so good, I this 30 day shred has prepared me for this.
    Is ripped in 30,the part 2 of 30 day shred,???!!,cause i started 30day shred today,...& was wondering if thats the next dvd to do?I have p90x,and plan on doing the lean program only after i shed some weight first to take it easey on my joints!

In a way it is... on her podcast Jillian said it was "for shredders ready to take it to the next level."
  • sumirehana
    Options
    Joining! :) I just finished day 2 of RI30. My leg muscles are all sore, and I still have that weird uneasy feeling in my stomach after the workout, but I'm loving how tough this is for me. I've tried 30DS before but stopped at day 8. I planned to get back on 30DS, but decided to do RI30 instead. I think I would've been more prepared if I finished 30DS, but I'll complete RI30! :)